2 .

999 pieces of a puzzle

Achoo!!

That did it! The sneezing had been going on for almost half a day before Sunggyu finally admitted defeat.

Achoo!!!!

This last one practically shook his brains out,sending him leaning on the side wall of his room in search of supporting his shaking body.Woohyun had left early in the morning,so he didn't have anyone else to ask for help when fever kicked in.He barely recalled where they kept the cold medicine(poor choices on their part,but still good for things like that) and he dreaded having to zig-zag his way around the apartment looking for it.But how else could he avoid his friend/boss' bickering?!

Once the deed done,he lounged on the sofa waiting for the feel-better effect,drowsing almost instantly.

He woke up at the sound of the phone on  the wooden coffee table.As he leaned for it,he miscalculated his position and fell on the floor,groaning at the screaming muscles put at sudden strain.

"Yes?"he croaked the answer with closed eyes.

"Kim effin' Sunggyu!I knew it! You caught a cold,you silly bastard!"Woohyun's voice boomed from the other line.

"Wh...no, I just..."

"I should've known something fishy was going on when you didn't respond to my calling in the morning.How are you standing?"he changed his tactic.

"Poorly.I just fell."Sunggyu pouted,rubbing his sleepy eyes like a kid.

"What?!!What happened?"his friend practically screamed his concern.

"Relax,dad.I was sleeping and forgot for a second where I was.Your call startled me and I fell from the couch.But, to ease your worries,I'm feeling better than an hour or so ago."he estimated the time.

"Did you take anything?Have you found your way through the..."

"It's not abstract painting.I can still manage my way around here."Sunggyu cut him short.He never liked how the latter always flustered whenever he was left fending on his own.Never really understood why the need to.

"Of course,I just...you know I'm worried.Your sick side always makes you act strange."Woohyun whispered.

"You mean stupid."Sunggyu deadpanned.

How many times had he heard the other one say it to his face?It wasn't his fault he felt the need to search for human contact,almost on the brink of taking full advantage of whomever was closest.For some strange reason,it never brought him the saught comfort,almost as if he was missing on something more,like he expected to receive something special,but not being granted his wish.

"Anyways, do you need me to come home?I can pull it off on my own for the rest of the day,but you probably..."

"Nah,just do what you do best.I'll try and put an upfront on the last proposal with what I've gathered yesterday.And for the love of God, buy your brother a laptop,or let me do it.It's getting tiring having to scribble my own ideas on paper and then having to retype them into my laptop.Which, by  the way, better not be full of when I retrieve it, you sick minded tree!"he warned Woohyun,all aware of his habits.

"Yah,is this anyway of speaking to a concerned boss?I'll hang up on your sorry self."

"Don't let me keep you."Sunggyu scoffed."I'll order something for both of us when you get home.Don't feel like cooking right now."

"Since when...I mean you don't have to."Woohyun changed his tone of voice,making the elder frown."I'll see you in a bit."he hung up.

What happened?Sunggyu looked dumbfounded at his phone.Why did his friend react in so much defense?He didn't mind cooking,if time permitted.Granted ,he found it hard remembering when was the last time he used any of the tools in the kitchen.Maybe he needed more cold medicine!As he tried getting up, he spotted an all too familiar clover carved on the inside of the table,flinching at the similarity of the initials inside it.It was the same one he ran across when he opened his notebook!

How come he never saw that before?Wasn't that piece of furniture one of his own?

Hurriedly,he felt for another message and almost flipped the table over when he barely understood what it said.

"KSG,I'll share a steaming cup of cocoa whenever you catch a cold.You should award this person's sacrifice.I can't stand cocoa,but I'll drink it if it'll help you.XO,KSH."he read. The words didn't make any sense to him,why were they messing with his sick mind?

Before he realised it,he found himself starting on making hot cocoa.The real surprise had been the appeasing feel after he finished his drink,like somehow he found what he'd been searching all along,although not quite.

He didn't know what to make of it,but he was starting to freak out.Had it been a mere coincidence?What was this person 'doing' between his belongings?!Who was she,why didn't he remember her?Did he really know her,at all?

There was only one way he could find out.He'd have to attend that damn reunion.As crazy as it may sound!

Maybe he should ask his family if they ever heard of her,but he was still reluctant after the heated separation from almost two years ago.They kept being in touch only through Woohyun's efforts,which most of the time consisted of him telling his parents how their son was doing on his own and himself nodding his notice of the said conversation.

Till this day he was still finding it hard to remember what exactly led to his abrupt departure;he only recalled the suffocating feeling of their constant worries and the paranoia they stirred in him whenever he asked them about recent events that escaped his memory.Once he fled home, he enlisted to uni and graduated alongside a creepy Woohyun who practically glued himself to him from the first step he took in class.His very own BFF and confidant,the only stable thing of his foggy life.