1 .

999 pieces of a puzzle

It was sprinkling summer rain all around and not many dared to just sit  in the midst.

Except for one crazy dude,like his friend would most likely call him right now.

Sunggyu didn't give it much thought,enjoying the refreshing droplets that played on his heated skin;he'd always loved summer rain,but most of all he loved how he'd always eat icecream,like it tasted better than anytime before.

"Are you going to play lunatic again?How can you just eat that when everyone else runs for cover?"his friend asked from the shelter of his big umbrella.

"Live a little,will you!?"Sunggyu smiled undeterred, at the melting sweet.

"If you call in sick tomorrow,I won't cover for you!"the other one scoffed.

"Isn't that a lunacy on its own,Woohyun?We're co-partners of the same company,pabo."he clicked his tongue that started to get numb from the cold contact.

"Whatever! I won't stand it,it'll have to come out of your paycheck."

"Yeah,because you keep the keys to the vaulted treasure hidden underneath the company's grounds?"Sunggyu mocked their current situation.

It hadn't gone as smoothly as they first planned it,but they weren't doing bad,per say.All the finances covered for the daily expences,without them having to play under debts.Sunggyu knew it would take some time before they struck gold,but his friend wasn't as patient as him.It was hell sharing an apartment with Woohyun on his good days,but when he became flustered over poor gainings it was like no place was safe.He would whine endlessly until he'd make Sunggyu run out of his eyesight just to be on the safe side;flustered Woohyun meant clingy,pouting,cheesy Woohyun and that was Sunggyu's last drop to keeping his wits about.

​Their partnership was actually a pretty good one,aside from Woohyun's odd marketing skills he sometimes got out of  the hat,nailing big collaborations that ultimately helped them achieving their main goal.He delivered the goods and Sunggyu was in charge of making do with it until money came in their accounts.

He never understood why Woohyun would feel sorry for him to be stuck in that company,asking him for forgiveness whenever he drank himself to oblivion.Sunngyu thought he was just an odd drinking habbit,but on few occasions tried to ask Woohyun about his conflict only to face his friend's cute snores.

"Your colds need expensive treatments."Woohyun reminded him,raising the umbrella over both their heads."Do you want us to go bankrupt?!"

"Look at you,all bossy and putting the foot down!You're really cute,you know that?"Sunggyu flicked his forehead.

"Yah,stop abusing me!I'll file a report!"Woohyun screamed.

"Put it on my desk first thing tomorrow.I'll look into it."he laughed,gulping the last bite of the crispy cone."Come on,Boss,we need to get going.I just got an idea on how to increase that skimpy account of yours."he patted his friend on the back.

"You're acting up just to make fun of me.But at the end of the day I'm still the one in charge of taking care of your sorry if you run a fever."Woohyun followed him,bickering all the way.

The rain had stopped for a good few minutes when suddenly Sunngyu was verbally attacked by a hiperactive stranger,his steps faltering at the unexpected contact.For some reason,he never felt comfortable with skinship when facing any other than his close relatives or Woohyun.

"Sunggyu!!?Hey man,long time no seen.How's life treating you?!I bet she gives you a run for your money,huh?!"the bubbly male kept on ranting,patting his shoulder in a secret hand-shake and winking like they shared some long time aquaintance.

Sunggyu only looked at him in confusion,trying to pry himself as politely as possible from the chatty man.

"Eyy,don't play shy now! You were probably the hottest item on campus back then.How is Song Hye these days anyway?Still as foxy?"the guy wriggled his eyebrows.

"Song Hye?" Sunggyu asked in a whisper,tilting his head a bit to the sides.

"Yeah, your full time Nemesis!THE most saught out girlfriend of the milenium?!Don't tell me you guys got into a fight!"he whined."Gyu,you two were the epitome of LOVE,don't play with my nerves now!"

"I...I'm sorry,you must have the wrong person.I don't know any Song Hye." he looked at Woohyun for help."If you'll excuse us."

"Heol,you're really that hurt that you can't even stand to hear her name,now?It must've been one hell of a quarrel!"the stranger hoffed."I'm so sorry you broke up.Never crossed my mind.I actually expected you two already married and with kids by now."

"Mister,I don't think you heard him.He said he doesn't..."Woohyun tried to pitch in.

"Right! It's just a funny coincidence to run into you like that now!"the chatter box went on,oblivious to Woohyun's words."In a couple of days we'll have a college reunion.Care to join the old gang?No one had been able to get in touch with you,they almost lost hope.It's eerie that I just happened to see you walking leisurely like that."

"I'm sorry,but you must have me confused."Sunggyu said in a sharper tone."I do not know you,or that Sanghee person,or..."

"Song Hye."the stranger corrected,squinting his eyes.

"Whatever her name is!"Sunggyu exhaled in annoyance."I repeat:I don't know any of you.Please,stop pestering!"

"Well, I apologise if I stepped any boundaries.I was really convinced it was you.Didn't you graduate from WU?Class of 2011?I went overseas for the last two years,but I distinctly remember you going for arts majoring.You even wrote it down in the annual..."

'Clearly you've been mistaking my friend over here."Woohyun interveened."He's a business major.And he doesn't have any recollection of what you've so annoyingly blurted out.So,if you don't mind,we're kinda busy."he pushed the confused Sunggyu towards their company.

"Sure..yeah,sorry for ....Hey,in case you..I don't know,maybe have a twin brother or something...we'll meet with the graduates on the 24th   at WU."the stranger tried one last time."I'm not being rude,it's just you really resemble him a lot.You can come take a look for yourself.Maybe you'll even meet Song Hye.I apologise if came too off handy."he bowed,before leaving them.

"Well,that was downright odd!"Woohyun shook his head."What do you think?"

"I'm not sure."Sunggyu said."It's strange."

"What,him coming at you like that?Yeah,it was!"

"No,I...I think I used to have a secret hand-shake like the one he just did.It felt ...familiar."

"Don't overthink it!It happened so quickly,you were probably lead on by his enthusiasm."Woohyun tried to appease him."Now let's get you out these wet clothes before we really face something dreadful."

He had to comply,but deep down something stirred inside his mind.He couldn't shake the feeling,but he didn't want to revel on it either.Maybe Woohyun was right;nothing good ever came out of him overthinking things in the past.

As he got out of the shower,he remembered he wanted to put down some new ideas,but couldn't find his laptop anywhere around his room.

"Ah,right.Woohyun had borrowed it while having  leant his to his brother."he recalled."Well,old ways are best,anyways!"he cheered,pulling his bed-side drawer and searching for his personal agenda.

It was more like an old notebook,with an incorporated pen,but he still held onto it.It was just as he put down the first words that he noticed the carvings in the corner of the leather cover.

"Had it always been there?"he felt the indentations,trying to make sense of the letters scribbled down."Dedicated to KSH,the first and most ardent  fan.I'll use her beautiful influence in my life to propel my writing skills to a master's level?"he frowned as he read outloud.Next to the fading words was a clover with Two names' initials on it:KSG and KSH.

Sunggyu could only guess one of them belonged to him.It was the second one that startled him.Whether it was because he had an external influence or not,he couldn't say,but he found himself whispering the name like it had been pronounced for ages,even though it was as alien as ever to him.

"Kim Song Hye."

 

A/N: the notebook is something similar to this..

http://the-leathercraft-shed.blogspot.ro/2012_07_01_archive.html