6 .

999 pieces of a puzzle

"You know, when I give clearence to go home and rest this damn flu I didn't mean you could go and crash your brains out."Dr. Lee scribbled down his latest report on Sunggyu's vitals,after they had rushed him back to the hospital.

It was not necessary,in his opinion, but hey, his train of thought suffered quite the bit after that tsunami of fish cans and maybe they actually knew what was best for him.What he didn't expect was to have another three people beside him,worrying for his well being, which was kind of hilarious when his own flesh and blood didn't give a rat's about him.

He tried getting up on the bed,but dizzily slumped back down,when he felt a cooling cloth on his forehead and a very soft voice lulling him to take it easy.The faint fragrance erupting from her pores was tantalising his senses in a strange deja-vu,but he was too tired or nauseaous to actually ponder enough onto it,instead he reveled in her soothing touch whenever she brushed the wet cloth all over his heated skin.

"The apple didn't fall too far from the tree,same clingginess."she whispered,encouraging him to take a sip on a strange beverage.

"Mmm, don't want to."Sunggyu pouted a little drousy.

"Just drink the damn thing,or you'll spend the whole week in here."

"Can't I have that miraculous hug instead?"

"Ok, you must've hit your head badly, I guess."she cleared ."Don't mistake gratitude with...."

"I can manage, really.You don't have to help.I'm pretty sure the whole personnel was trained for this kind of stuff."he joked."Besides, Ye Sung must me way past his sleeping hour so you should get home."

"I...it's not that big of a deal.Dongwoo brought his car anyways,so he can sleep just as fine as long as he has music surrounding him."she turned her head sideways.

"Yeah,it's quite comfy."he mustered a smile which soon faded as fast as he had voiced it.

When did he ever sleep in his car?And found it 'comfy'?He barely even drove, for crying out loud! Right that instant he felt like calling for either Woohyun or Hoya,a slight trembling going though his limbs.He knew he was panicking, but he couldn't do much about it.

Much to his relief, Woohyun made his appearence,cradling a sleepy Ye Sung in his arms.

"He wanted to say good night."he explained,soon enough turning his worried gaze over both Sunggyu and Song Hye."What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, he looks scared all of the sudden."she said,taking her son from him.

"What did you do to him?Hey, do you need me to call Hoya?"Woohyun clasped on Sunggyu's hand.

"Woo...I...Think I ..."

"Shhh, calm down.Tell me where does it hurt?"

"It doesn't.I can't ...understand certain things."Sunggyu tried to breathe normally."I felt like I lived them,but I don't remember any of that.Woohyun,what should I do?"he choked back a sob.

"We'll get through this.Just, please,don't think too much on it now.Rest, you just took a big hit,huh?!"Woohyun  cooed,patting his shoulders."I'll ask Hoya to give you something."

"He can't be sedated, he's supposed to be on strict monitoring over night."Song Hye huffed,bouncing her son in her arms.

"He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."Woohyun fumed,shushing his voice.

"Excuse me?Weren't you the one dragging me to meet him in the store?!I specifically told you I had no intention..."

"Give him to me."Sunggyu motioned for Ye Sung,cutting their querrel."You two can take this outside."

"Huh,you're one darring...grampa."she chose her words,but gave into his demanding just so she could tell a piece of her mind to his annoying overprotective friend.

As soon as they exited,Sunggyu held onto Ye Sung's tiny body,humming a ramdon tune that slowly fitted lyrics in his foggy head.He didn't pay too much attention,too ehthralled by the calming feeling it stirred in him, like that's what he waited all this time.

You were just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life,
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,
I'll hold your body in my hands be as gentle as I can,
And now your scan on my unmade plans,
Small bump, in four months you're brought to life

I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you

You are my one, and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
Oh you are my one, and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
And you'll be alright.

You're just a small bump unknown and you'll grow into your skin
With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin
(Oh) Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice
And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide a small bump,
In four months you'll open your eyes

I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you

You are my one, and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
Oh you are my one, and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
And you'll be alright

You can lie with me, with your tiny feet when your half asleep,
I'll leave you be
Right in front of me for a couple weeks
So I can keep you safe

"I really can't remember where I heard this song, but you like it, don't you Ye Sung ah?"he craddled the boy,kissing his forehead,as he watched him sleep soundly.That was the most peaceful image he came across in quite a while.

It wasn't until he heard Song Hye's surprised intake of breath that he realised they had company for some time now.She held one trembling hand over ,as if trying to supress a yell or something,but what stunned him were her teary eyes,that found solace in Dong Woo's embrace.

"I'm sorry,I didn't mean to...he seemed to fancy my singing."Sunggyu tried to make ammends.

"It's ok."DongWoo spoke in a soft voice,but to whom he was adressing,Sunggyu couldn't tell.

"We have to go, please.I can't...Dong Woo."she pleaded,getting out before he could say another word.

"Is she...upset with me?"

"Kinda,but not to worry.After a good night's sleep she'll be up and above.She's just tired."Dong Woo touched his nephew's cheek lovingly."And possibly surprised."

"I was thinking about giving you a call,like you suggested.I think now,I'm even more leaned to it than before."Sunggyu said.

"Take your time.When you feel better..."

"That's just it!Recently,I feel like there's a huge part of my life that doesn't fit the pattern.I'm trying to keep my sanity,but it looks as if I've lost it for some time.I need those answers,more than anything.And your sister might hold a few of them."

"Who, Song Hye?She's not my sister."Dong Woo fanned.

"I thought...than,maybe she's an in-law."Sunggyu thought a bit."Ahhh,that's why you have different surnames."

"I think you should put a stop to rambling non-sense,as entitled as you might be."Dong Woo,reached for Ye Sung."I promise you'll get to the bottom of things,but not now.You need to rest;especially that mind of yours."

"They'll keep me up anyways.This small sidekick was quite the helper."he smiled at the boy's stirring.

"Yeah, you're quite the pair.As expected."Dong Woo muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing.I'll hear from you,ok?Take care, till then.Your friend is this close from losing it if anything else bad happens to you."

"He's just like that."

"I'm glad you got him around."