Freedom

Freedom Meant Being With You

Jinki faked it well when he smiled, because what else would that all be when he was hurting inside. He felt the freedom he had to be exciting, fun even but deep down, his soul was craving for a freedom because honestly, he felt like being chained down into this false pretence of freedom.

 

But when Victoria pulled him inside an abandoned room and pushed him into the wall before loosing her shirt, Jinki was perplexed and shocked but mostly uninterested.  She moved in closer to him, leaned in to capture his lips but Jinki shielded himself with his forearm and looked away. No, he can't do this anymore. He just couldn't make himself turn into something his father would have wanted him to be. He couldn't shake the idea off of him that the person he loved is Sunggyu.

 

“I knew you were faking it.” Victoria uttered, breaking Jinki's chain of thoughts.

 

“Excuse me?” Jinki asked and Victoria gave him a small smile.

 

“You don't want to be here right?” Victoria said and Jinki just nodded.

 

“I don't want to hurt your feelings.” Jinki said truthfully.

 

“I needed some distraction, I was hurting and I thought going out with someone would make me forget.” Victoria said and Jinki was shocked with the revelation.

 

“You are hurting?” Jinki asked.

 

“Yeah, I kind of love a taken man.” Victoria said and Jinki narrowed his eyes. “It's Khunnie.” She revealed and Jinki's mouth gaped and took Victoria's hand.

 

“I am sorry Vic.' Jinki replied and Vic just flashed a smile despite the tears threatening to fall.

 

“Don't worry about me Jinki, I hope it's not too late for you.” Victoria uttered. “I can tell that whoever holds your heart, you loved that person more than anything else and I understand. So please go. At least make your love story end in happily ever after.” Victoria said and planted a kiss on Jinki's cheek, a sign of friendship and understanding.

 

Jinki didn't think twice grabbing the opportunity to return to the person  his heart was longing have and hold. With a dash towards the highway, Jinki wailed for a car to give him a lift. Jonghyun followed him and eventually they got on a pick up truck that will pass by the royal palace. Jonghyun and Jinki were both happy,despite the possible consequences of their action, they will gladly take the risk if it meant being with the one they truly loved.

 

Jinki quickly grabbed his hand carry bag and bolted for the door, with Jonghyun assuring him to take care of the luggage and the explanation to Nichkhun; the prince would understand him somehow, he was a kind and just man anyway.

 

Boarding the earliest flight back to Korea, Jinki almost bypassed everything mandatory in favour of getting their as quickly as possible. When he was seated inside the plane and it finally took off, Jinki was breathing a little easier; everything else, he needed to go back to Sunggyu and beg him to come back if he has to; on bended knees if that’s what he’ll be asked to do.

 

The plane landed safely and Jinki was already calling Jonghyun for Dongwoo’s address. Jonghyun calmly explained to him that his secretary will be picking him up in the airport and driving him to Dongwoo’s dorm. Jinki was truly grateful to have Jonghyun as his best friend, and he mentally noted to do something for him and Christine one of these days.

 

Jinki ran to the room Dongwoo was staying and rapped on the door, excited to see his most beloved.

 

“I’m sorry, I tried to call Sunggyu hyung but he’s not picking up. I couldn’t reach him.” Dongwoo uttered when he asked and Jinki was quickly running out of the dorm and asking Jonghyun secretary to drive him back to the condo, perhaps Sunggyu returned there.

 

When he reached he penthouse, he was shouting out the name of his lover but found the place just as it was, the envelope full of cash was still on the table where Sunggyu left it a few nights before. Jinki ran a tired hand on his hair, this was insane! Where had Sunggyu gone? He needed to find him, he needed him back in his life.

 

“The Alley.” Jinki muttered and he was dashing out of the penthouse and out to the streets leading to the place they both shared tons of memories.

 

Jinki dashed into the alley and saw the suitcase Sunggyu had since the first day they met, and that alone made him tearful. He called out his lover’s name as he slowly took steps deeper into the alley, only to ran to the couch where Sunggyu’s body lay. Jinki panicked and quickly grabbed Sunggyu’s hand. Sunggyu was hot, a fever was engulfing him and Jinki’s body was taken by fear of losing him.

 

“Sunggyu, wake up. Please wake up.” Jinki uttered, shaking the unconscious man to try and give him back some life. “Don’t leave me, please don’t” Jinki was now crying, clutching the body so close to him.

 

“Jinki.” He heard the faintest voice and Jinki’s eyes went wide as he pushed the older off of his body gently to look at his face.
 

Sunggyu was crying fresh tears as he focused his vision to the man in front of him. He maybe hallucinating but it would be the best last memory he will have before he dies, in his opinion at least. He muttered the name over and over again until something warm touched his lips and he instinctively responded, memorizing the softness and taste of Jinki’s full and sweet lips.

 

“inki.” Sunggyu uttered, something like a relief to him. “Please don’t leave me. I love you so much.” Sunggyu cried even more and Jinki couldn’t even hold his own tears because who could tolerate such heart ache.

 

He pulled Jinki into another kiss, much more desperate than before and Sunggyu just melted into it.  Sunggyu wrapped his arms on Jinki’s neck and his hand ran through his lover’s hair, pulling him closer to his body and adjusting himself to make their bodies flush with each other.

 

Maybe it was the fever or the jetlag but they ended up breathless and soon were stripping each other’s clothes off and reattaching heir lips and body like seamless puzzle pieces. Jinki and Sunggyu moaned loudly, their feelings spilling in overflow and their touches were heated. Their mouths craved for ach other, and their bodies, definitely belonged to each other. The movement was slow and sensual, passionate and loving and that alone made them forget whatever they had fought over the last weekend in favour of savouring the love they are openly giving each other.

 

Sunggyu’s voice hitched when he came and Jinki panted as he stared into each other’s eyes, knowing that this is where they truly belonged. Jinki pulled him into another kiss and spoke so lovingly, Sunggyu was crying fresh tears.

 

“I thought that being free meant all the liberty and democracy that I could grasp in the palm of my hands, but when I experienced everything, I realized that freedom is not those things, but being next to you and loving you” Jinki muttered so sweetly and Sunggyu could only kiss him senseless, words weren’t enough to convey what he felt for Jinki.

 

And they carried on until the wee hours, assuring each other that they will face whatever obstacle thrown at them as a couple, as Jinki and Sunggyu, as lovers, as one. Jinki smiled at Sunggyu before he kissed him good night, pulling out a blanket on one of the boxes they had near the couch and draping it on their bodies.

 

The morning that followed was a surprise to Jinki because there stood his father’s secretary, asking him to dress in the next five minutes since Mr. Lee would want to talk to him. Jinki nodded, covering Sunggyu even more and planting a kiss on his forehead before grabbing his clothes and dressing himself up.

 

Mr. Lee entered the alley, disgusted at the hideous place and to the wooden box offered by Jinki as a stool. Mr. Lee looked at his son and then to the man on the couch before sighing loudly.

 

“Do you love him that much to go against what I ordered?” Mr. Lee asked and Jinki nodded.

 

“I would leave everything for him.” Jinki uttered, removing the necklace he was given from birth, the family emblem of Lee, and handing it to his father.

 

“You wouldn’t dare! You don’t belong here, you belong to our home!” Mr. Lee shouted.

 

“That place is a house yes, but not a home. I never felt the warmth of a home despite th expensive furniture and the gold plated walls. But this is my home. With Sunggyu, anywhere is home.” Jinki defended himself.

 

“Would you still choose this bastard even if I offered you freedom to roam and be in places you’ve always wanted to go.” Mr. Lee tried again but Jinki shook his head.

 

“Freedom is being with Sunggyu.” Jinki uttered as he firmly gazed at his father, locking eyes with the elder Lee.

 

“fine, if this is what you wanted then come to my office later this afternoon to formalize this.” Mr. Lee uttered then left the alley without another word.

 

Sunggyu gently pushed himself up, gathering the sheet to keep it from falling from his body. Jinki sat next to im and planted a kiss on his cheek to reassure him that it was okay, it wouldn’t matter if he was now homeless as long as he was with him.

 

“I need you, I want you and I love you.” Jinki uttered and Sunggyu wrapped his arms around the lover, how can he be this selfish to let Jinki lose every little thing he got.

 

“I’m sorry Jinki.” He uttered, tears falling from his eyes again but Jinki rocked him and hummed softly.

 

“Being with you is liberating Gyu, and that alone makes me happy. Being with you makes me happier but loving you makes me the happiest.” Jinki uttered and Sunggyu pulled him into a kiss.

 

“I love you so much Jinki.” Sunggyu uttered and they both savoured each other.

 

a/N: there would be 1 more chapter so please hold on ^^