-8-

You, In My Smile
XSYKOTICA
Chapter Eight

Dear sunshine,

I can’t believe the test is tomorrow already. I’ll drive you to school because unfortunately I can’t escape this horror of a monster. But even though it doesn’t really matter whether you do well or not anymore, I still want to wish you good luck. So good luck sunshine, and I’ll see you tomorrow.

P.S. I think I’m going to have to text you from now on until you leave because I can’t write notes and stick them on the tables anymore. Oh, the tragedy.

 

 

Once all of the exams are over, the girl begins to start packing for her trip. She has received her schedule yesterday for the following year and can’t believe the many places she’s going to visit. It’s exciting her and she can’t wait to show Minseok.

 

 

“I’ll barely get to see you, this is so upsetting but at the same time I’m so happy for you. All these mixed feelings are doing my head and heart in.” Minseok says as they walk around looking for flat stones by the lake.

 

 

The girl picks up a rock and strolls to the side of the water, watches as it gleams under the sunlight. To think that she was so unsure of herself at the beginning of the year is still surprising to her. She really has Minseok to thank. “Same. I’m excited and so scared at the same time that it feels like someone is tying knots with my intestines but I’m hoping that this trip will bring along more opportunities for me. I actually really enjoy writing blogs and for once, I truly feel like I’m using my time correctly.”

 

 

Minseok watches as she skips the stone upon the surface of the water and wraps his arms tightly around her waist. He snuggles his nose into her neck and places gentle kisses among her skin. “I can’t believe you’re leaving in a few days, it’s so crazy and fast that my mind hasn’t come to an acceptance yet.”

 

 

She turns and wraps her arms around his neck, tenderly placing her lips on his. Minseok tilts to the side to deepen the kiss as she allows his tongue to enter. It’s loving and affectionate, filled with every piece of longing and adoration, and when they both pull back to catch their breath, Minseok is quiet and she only stands there with a sad smile on her face. “You’ll see me off at the airport right?”

 

 

Minseok kisses her forehead, and runs his hand down her back, pulling her close. “Of course I am, sunshine.”

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

Cambodia is such an amazing place, I’ve been visiting so many temples and the food here is amazing. Maybe one day we should go together.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear sunshine,

I’m missing you so much already, but it’s good to hear that you’re enjoying everything. Snap some pictures for me.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

I just had the opportunity to ride an elephant in Thailand. The people are so nice here, and Thai food is so much nicer when you have it in the country. You know maybe we should drop by a Thai restaurant when I get back. Here’s a picture of me on an elephant.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear sunshine,

If you could see my face now then you could tell that I am extremely jealous. You look like you’re having fun! Are you making a lot of friends? How is your blog going?

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

I’m in Indonesia right now and to answer your question, the blog is going along great. I’m meeting so many people and it’s such a great experience. How’s the café by the way? I miss your chocolates.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear sunshine,

Are my chocolates the only thing you miss? You really keep hurting me, dear. I’m joking. Anyways, the café seems to be getting busier by the week. I can’t believe you’ve been gone for more than a month already. I don’t even know how I’m lasting. When are you returning? I want to pick you up at the airport.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

You know I miss you Minseok, I don’t need to mention that. Well, I should be due for a return in May, but that could be changed because of an alteration in the schedule. How are your parents? Are they doing well?

 

 

***

 

 

Dear sunshine,

Oh man, all the way in May…? That’s still so far away. Oh gosh, how I hate not being able to kiss and hug you. But I’m happy you’re enjoying yourself. Bring back some souvenirs! And my parents are doing well. They mention you sometimes, saying how they miss our little quarrels back then. They speak as if it’s been so long ago. Parents… hahaha.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

Hahaha, can’t blame them, we made a ruckus quite a bit in your house, arguing about the littlest things. But hey, guess what? More travel agencies have been contacting me and they’ve wanted to hire me to write a blog for them! Isn’t that so incredible? That means I’ll be getting to visit more places. I think university has to wait a little longer.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear sunshine,

Wow! That’s great news. I am so very happy for you! But doesn’t that mean our time together will be reduced? Oh man… god must be testing me. But anyways, if I’m not wrong, you should be heading to Vietnam soon. Try on one of their traditional dresses and take a picture for me. Everyone needs to see how beautiful you are.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

You and your cheese still makes me cringe HAHA! But yes I’m in Vietnam right now and might I tell you that the spring rolls here in Saigon are delicious~ And yes, I went to try on a traditional dress, and it’s so gorgeous. I even bought one to bring home. It’s such a beauty really. I snapped a picture for you