-6-

You, In My Smile
XSYKOTICA
Chapter Six

The girl sits with the warm mug of mocha in her hands, blowing on the steam as she sniffs in the sweet smell of chocolate and coffee. “So you’re telling me that you just went and made this? How’d you even do that? Because who knows, the next thing you might be admitting is that you work here.” She says as she takes a sip.

 

 

There’s a sheepish smile adorning his lips as he shrugs. “I do though. I work here sunshine.”

 

 

She chuckles at him. “You’re so unpredictable.” The girl takes another sip as she looks around again. “Do you enjoy it here? Better than school?”

 

 

Minseok grabs her mug and takes a sip, “I love it here. It’s my dream to work at a café you know?”

 

 

The girl smiles at him as she takes her mug back. “Well, I’m glad you’re happy.” There’s a little silence before she continues. “Hey Minseok, have you thought about university yet?”

 

 

The boy reaches for her hand and plays with her fingers as he smiles at her, lovingly. “I’m not going sunshine. After two years of working part time here, they already stabled a permanent spot for me. And plus, you know me… I wouldn’t last a day in university.”

 

 

She looks at him doubtfully, “Are you sure about this?”

 

 

He only extends his hand, ruffling her hair and pinches her cheeks. “Have I ever not been sure?” He takes back her hands and kisses her fingers gently. “How about you sunshine, what are your plans?”

 

 

She tilts her head to the side and looks uncertainly at Minseok. “Well, my original plan was the typical go to university and study law or something like that. But I’m not too sure anymore because that wasn’t my dream; it was just my parents’ suggestion. I don’t actually think I’ll enjoy it. I actually don’t know anymore…”

 

 

Minseok moves to the seat beside her and wraps his arms around her shoulders, rubbing her arm reassuringly. “Hey sunshine, it’s okay. Take your time to figure things out because there’s no need to rush. Find out what you enjoy and just go with the flow.”

 

 

The girl sighs, and forces a small smile to play on her lips. “Yeah, I guess so.”

 

 

“Cheer up dear. Just know that I’m always here.” He says to her with a peck on the lips.

 

 

***

 

 

Dear Minseok,

I could have called to tell you this, but you’re always pressuring me to write; so since you’re not going to be at school this week, I wanted to ask if you’re free this weekend? I think I found what I want to do.

 

 

***

 

 

The two are lying side by side, on the hill wrapped up in scarves and beanies as the winter air gambols around them. His arm is used as her pillow and the other is wrapped around her waist as he looks at her. It’s comfortable and warm and she wishes they could stay like this forever. The daisies have withered and the leaves have all fallen, but their adoration for each other only blooms. The girl circles her thumb over his cheeks and pecks him lightly, giggling and smiling brightly. Minseok pulls her closer and kisses her a little longer, tilting his head to reach her deeper.

 

 

They pull back breathless, but their smiles are wider and he plays with her hair, sliding them between his fingers. The girl sits up and smiles at him. “I need to show you something.” She smooths out a few strand from her face and grabs her bag, pulling out a laptop. “A few weeks ago you told me to find something I enjoy and just go with the flow right?”

 

 

He nods as he sits up and leans his head on her shoulders, planting kisses on her neck. “Yes I did.” He whispers against her skin.

 

 

“Well, I went home and thought about it a lot, and I searched around the Internet. And while I was doing so, I ran across some online blogs. So I thought about giving it a try and for the past few weeks I’ve been updating on a regular basis. Look here.” She points at the screen. “I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback. Isn’t that great Minseok?”

 

 

Minseok smiles widely at her and grabs the laptop, scrolling through the pages. “It’s wonderful. Really sunshine, this is great.”

 

 

The girl grins, and Minseok pecks her on the lips as he wraps his arm around her shoulders to pull her closer to him. “Well, here’s the better news. A few days ago, I received a phone call from a tour agency telling me about how they stumbled across my blog and really liked the way I captured the photographs and how eloquent my words were, and guess what?”

 

 

He looks at her with an admiring gaze. “What sunshine?”

 

 

“Well, they suggested that I should open a blog about their tour services and programs, and they’ll pay me according to how well put together it is and for every new page I write about them. They even proposed about letting me go around with the tour groups so I can talk about the experiences in my posts. Doesn’t that sound so amazing?” She looks at him with shining eyes, and his adoration for the girl just keeps growing.

 

 

He places a kiss on her forehead, and hugs her tightly. “It is and I’m so proud of you. Have you accepted their offer?”

 

 

The girl chuckles, “Well, at first my parents were highly against it, because they always planned for me to go to university, but the company had called them up and they arranged a formal meeting to talk about the contract. They finalised it yesterday and my parents agreed. I’m so happy Minseok.”

 

 

“I’m happy for you too, sunshine.” Minseok says as he closes her laptop and gives it back it her. She situates it back in her bag before turning back to him. “So does that mean you won’t be attending university?” He questions.

 

 

“I’m still going to take my exam, but no I’m not.” She says. “Not for the next two to three years of course. They want me to travel with them and so there’s no time for it.”

 

 

The boy nods his head, and the wind dishevels his hair. “I see. Does that mean I won’t be seeing you often then?” He asks with a sigh.

 

 

She pulls his face so that it’s facing her, and smiles gently with her thumbs rubbing against his cheeks. “Unfortunately so… But I’ll write you postcards and you can write to me too. I know how you hate calling. And also I’ll visit you at the café when I’m not busy and we still have spring together before I leave on my first trip anyways.”

 

 

“You know me so well sunshine.” Minseok says before kissing her, tongues fumbling with each other. So loving, the kiss is – filled with so much affection.