the cold night turns warm

Beauty and the Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                         

❝the cold night turns warm;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                 he knows why..

 

Jinri wasn't feeling well after a long night she spent in her shop, finishing up the last touches on the dress she's working on. She's here lying on her bed feeling so weak because of the lack of sleep and she haven't eaten properly for the last few days. Sunyoung was so worried about her after she threw up a little bit last night right after she finishes her last touches on the dress and ended up having Sunyoung driving her home.

She's feeling a bit better but still weak from everything and though Sunyoung promised last night that she would come to her house at some point, near evening after she's submitting the work. Jinri didn't tell anybody about it, not even Jongin. Because she knows that he'll stay here, looking after her like her own brother which can somehow drives her insane. 

She's not a kid anymore but maybe still in his eyes because Jongin did treat her more like his sister than just a friend. 

She knows that at some point, she need to get up from the bed and get some fresh air. She's in desperate of fresh air. Jinri didn't bother on her look and just grab her robe before wrapping it around her petite body and slowly walking down the stairs, towards the door. She's feeling that dizziness in her head but the thought of the fresh air just makes her feel somehow better.

She walked out from the house, gripping onto the bench that's right next to the door and sat on it before heaving out a long sigh. She's trying to tell herself that she's getting better, but maybe she's wrong. 

It may seems like it's only 10 in the morning but in fact it's 10 past 5 in the evening and Jinri knows Sunyoung will be here any minute. She turned to look at next door and she couldn't find his motorbike which he normally parked right between their houses. Ever since that week, that night, Jinri wouldn't lie that she could see some changes on him which is a bit odd for her though it wasn't really a bad thing but seeing him like that was kind of new. 

And she'd been thinking a lot about what Soojung had told her about him. 

Maybe he isn't that bad but wanting to see that side of him was like in a millionth of dreams. 

He does look like there's something going on in his life and though she wanted to know what was it all about, she doesn't have any rights to get into his life. He did reminds her do not give any on his life. He doesn't need anyone's help or sympathy. 

Jinri heave out a sigh and rested her forehead on her knees as she hug it tightly. She knows that she'd overworked and that her body just decided to shut down and fell terribly ill today. She never felt like this before, not in a long time but she hates it when she gets all dizzy and weak because she couldn't do so many things whilst being ill. 

A car stopped before her driveway making her look up, to see Sunyoung coming out from her car with a paper bag in her hands. She knows that she'd brought her some thing to eat because clearly she couldn't even get to cook herself. "why are you outside?" asks Sunyoung as she walk closer towards the porch. 

"i need some fresh air" says Jinri as she breathe in the air. It's chilly for her though it's still summer but she can feel the freshness in the air as she sits comfortably on the bench. Sunyoung got up the stairs and take a seat next to Jinri, placing the bags next to her. "i bought you some food" murmured Sunyoung as she laid her eyes on the weak looking Jinri. "how are you feeling?" she asked. 

"weak.." answered Jinri. "and i hate it" she continued. Sunyoung just chuckled softly as she patted her lap. "well, good news, they accepted your design for the fashion week next month" says Sunyoung which did makes Jinri smile upon hearing the good news. "so you can relax now until next month" chuckled Sunyoung 

Jinri just let out a soft chuckle as she rested her side face on her knees, looking up to Sunyoung with a smile. "thank you Sunyoung. i wouldn't be here without you" the older ones smile brightly before patting Jinri's lap softly "you don't need to say that. i'm always here for you" 

Indeed Jinri is lucky to have Sunyoung for helping her. 

 

Jinri's phone suddenly rings, interrupting the girl's conversation and turns out the caller is Jongin. Jinri tried to sound normal as she don't want him to know that she's sick. "hello?" she answered him. "hey Jinri, where are you?" he asked and he sound like there's something going on over there. "i'm a little bit busy but why? is everything alright?" she asked though she lied because she wanted to keep him away from her at least for today. 

She knows Jongin would definitely leave everything behind just to see her as she's ill. He always done that back in time and Jinri doesn't want that. she's not 5 nor 10. she's all grown up, she's just weak that's just all.

There's a sigh from Jongin making her frown a little. "everything is fine actually. but i'm at the police station right now" she furrowed once more. "police station? why?" yet another sigh coming from him. "it's Chanyeol" 

 

 

As much as she hates him for what he did in the past, she still loves him for so many reasons. He was her friend, her bestest ones just like Jongin, before they were a thing but everything changes since that night and her perception of him changed drastically but that doesn't mean she hates him, not the Chanyeol she first met but she hates the Chanyeol who beat her up for nothing. She knows that the Chanyeol she knows were long gone and she couldn't find a way on how to get the old one back though she thought that there's no other way to get him back. 

none.

She knows it was hard for him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter