The Incubus

Collections of Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter
The Incubus

 

The night was chilly, almost seeping into the bones causing a soft creaking sounds, yet the creature roaming about with it’s dark purple wings spread wide to keep it afloat and smelling the desires it could feed to ease it’s hunger. It’s been a few days since the creature had last fed, it wasn’t a good one either but at least it was sufficient. Now, it need more, to survive in the modern life wasn’t so different with a few centuries ago, only now humans found quite a number for new kinks and strangely some of it didn’t really sat well with the creature.

It was the creature of lust and desire, yes, but it only harvest a part of the human’s soul and they’re all have a different taste. It was kind of funny and ironic, really, the purer the , the tastier the soul would taste. And well, it was needless to say that pure intimate relationship was quite scarce in the midst of scattered casual humans mostly engaging nowadays.

The creature was about to take a turn and fly back to it’s dwelling when it caught a smell of the sweet scent of loneliness, it then smiled brightly before dashing to where the smell came from. It took only a minute before the creature landed on a bedroom window, a flickering dim light from a candle painting the laying figure on the bed with warm yellow color which can be seen from where the creature is sitting and waiting for the exact time to make an entrance. Slowly it placed it’s fingers on the window pane, analyzing the human’s aura before changing it’s appearance and goes through the window.

The creature had noticed the human who’s lying on the bed was a man, so it thought it would take the form of a female human. But when it feel the bulge between it’s legs, the creature realize immediately it wasn’t female at all, it turning into a he. Not like it cares though, the creature merely shifting depending on the prey’s preference. So the male human definitely preferred another male.

He feels his limbs getting leaner and paler, his lips growing full as the jaws getting more profound and manly. He took a look on the mirror before walking closer to the human, taking in the sight of his new form, the form which is favored by his prey. What he saw is a typical Korean male face, a handsome one yet not one of those handsome faces that cause people to feel inferior, in fact it seems homey –if that make sense- and warm. Blonde hair adorning his head, somehow going well with his now pale skin and contrasting red full lips prettily. It doesn’t matter how he look, what matter is for his prey to like it.

He carefully stepping closer to the bed, hands ghosting over the fluffy duvet reaching for the warm figure of a man. When his hand touch the human’s shoulder, the man jolted in surprise and immediately turning his whole body with his face painted in shock, confusion and fear at the sight of the sudden intruder. The human staring at the other human figure with wide inspecting eyes, mouth parted in the mixed of feelings rushing over him. A tense one minute felt like an eternity before the human eventually managed to croak out a voice.

“Hyukjae?”

The creature which took a form of a human male smiled at the name, thinking that the appearance he had at the time belonged to someone whom his prey adores. He brought his hands closer to the human’s face, fingers caressing the smooth skin gently and teasingly, as if encouraging the male to do something.

“Yeah, it’s me…” He leaned closer in one steady move to kiss the human’s warm lips, noticing the human may have a deep relationship with this Hyukjae, so he decided to be firm rather than moving cautiously which can come off as hesitation and risking his disguise to be discovered. And yet…

“You’re not him… Are you?” the human muttered as his hand placed on the creature’s chest to hold him back from leaning forward.

The Hyukjae form widened his eyes in surprise, almost in awe because the human able to blow off his cover in mere seconds, “how do you know?”

“I know my Hyukjae, I won’t be fooled,” he said with his eyes darting around inspecting the figure before him, “but you do look exactly like him… What are you?”

“Well… Because right now I’m a male, so I’m an incubus,” then a smirk formed on the plump lips, “though seeing how handsome of a hunk you are, I thought I would have s and a .”

The crude remark caused the human to raise an eyebrow, “it’s definitely weird to see his face talking like that… But that’s good, reminding me that you’re not him.”

“Is he your lover?”

He smiled a bit sadly before answering, “yes, he’s my lover.”

“Why you look sad? Where is he? Why are you sleeping alone in this cold winter night?”

The human bit his lower lip as if trying to control his feelings, then he slowly uttered, “he’s gone…”

The incubus didn’t respond to the answer, realizing the idea of why the human was so lonely that even he could smell it so strongly. “Sorry I’ve disturbed you,” he awkwardly said, it was the first time for him to ever say sorry to his prey since every single one of them always ended up filled with ecstasy to ever mind being bothered by the creature in the middle of the night.

“No, that’s okay I wasn’t sleeping. I was…” he gaze upon the flickering candle on the night stand beside the bed, “missing him…”

“Why the candle?”

“Oh, he and I used to chat and shared our little secrets in a dark room, lying on the bed with only a single candle lighting us… It was his idea, he may looked badass and a bit like a free spirited delinquent, but he’s a kind and a romantic man by the heart,” the human chuckled lightly as his eyes gazing sweetly at the warm tiny yellow fire.

“I can totally see that he’s a badass, I mean, who in the world dye his hair in this color? Isn’t this almost white?” the incubus pulled the strands to emphasize, “it’s weirdly suit him though.”

He laughed, “you should see his previous hair colors, you’ll be blown away! I think he had tried all hair colors!”

“Really? Wow, he’s quite eccentric isn’t he?”

“Well no, not really… He’s a… a person who’s not good at revealing his true feelings, he often kept things to himself. He was more of an introvert, but always trying his hardest to fix it that he appears to be the clown in parties and adorning himself with crazy hair colors. But no matter what, he’s still who he is… Seemingly showing people a lot of him yet nothing are ever truly shown.” The thin lips of the human curled upwards, “I love all his hair colors, but I love best his black hair because that’s the real him.”

“You really love him, don’t you?”

The human looked up to stare at the creature before a bright smile adorning his face beautifully, “I do, no word can ever describe how I truly feels about him.”

Their little conversation then fell into silence, an awkward one with the incubus finding the whole situation weird and novelty because most always lust and desire over him, yet this one human despite the thick loneliness, only drowning in his own reminiscent about his lover without trying a tryst with the incubus which have the appearance of Hyukjae. He was confused about what to do with this male human, began wondering whether he should just go and forget about feeding that night.

But then the human broke the silence, "what's your name?"

"What?" the creature inquired in bewilderment at the sudden question. "My name? Uh... I can't tell you my name, if you want you can call me whatever."

"Oh right, your name hold over your power, wasn't it? Sorry..." he said with understanding yet eyes looking a bit down at the answer.

"If you really need a name to call me, how about... Since I have Hyukjae's appearance right now... Eunhyuk?"

Please log in to read the full chapter