The Naiad

Collections of Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

To the ones who already subscribed to this fic, I decided to change this fic into a collections of oneshots. So the new chapter is in the first chaper while the second chapter is the old oneshot. Thank you ^^

    The Naiad

 

There is a small village by the side of East sea, it wasn’t a special village nor the villagers, it was the sea that’s like no other. The sea is so beautiful and clear, bring many prosperity for the villagers and the most special is, there’s a naiad that can be seen standing and swimming at a certain spot near the beach. The naiad is in a form of an androgynous man, he looks beautiful yet there is a certain manliness in him too and the villagers love him. He never utter a single word, all he do is reflecting what’s inside the heart of any human that come near him and somehow that makes the villagers happy, then the villagers named him after the sea, Donghae.

Every day there is always a villagers coming to see him, whether they’re old woman or man, adults, teenager or kids, just to talk to Donghae even though the naiad can never reply to them. When a happy person came to Donghae, he would then look as happy as the person and his skin would glitters in seven colors. And when a sad or depressed person came to Donghae, he would look even sadder than the person and his skin and the surrounding water would then darken. But the villagers never come close to Donghae when they’re angry, because then the ocean wave would went on rampage and destroying many ships by the piers.

Everybody in the village love Donghae, they worship him and a villager named Hyukjae is no exception. Hyukjae have known Donghae since he’s still in his mother’s womb because his mother would always came to Donghae when she’s pregnant and she would then felt relaxed. And Hyukjae no matter how he have a lot of friends, he would always came running to Donghae in the morning and the evening just to talk to the naiad or just to take a glimpse. He’s been doing it since he learnt to walk until now he’s already a grown man. After all those years, Donghae’s appearance never change or getting old, he’s still the same beautiful man as ever and Hyukjae’s feeling towards him is something no one can describe.

“Donghae, how are you feeling today?” Hyukjae asked with a smile he always give to Donghae everyday.

Donghae smile back, tilting his head and his skin glitters beautifully while a bit of sea water twirling around them.

“I love seeing your smile, is that actually my smile? Is that actually my feeling that you project? Am I looking at my own love?” Hyukjae grinned happily.

Then Donghae giggles without a sound and lean in to Hyukjae, his skin glitters even more.

“People said that the way you smile to me is different to the one you gave to them, they said you smile the sweetest towards me. Is that you or is that me?”

Donghae smile thinly and looked a bit sad, his skin a bit overcast.

“Whatever it is, I still love seeing your smile, seeing you here with me, seeing you turn your head to me, seeing your stares, I love everything about you,” Hyukjae chuckled.

Donghae stares at Hyukjae tenderly, his skin brighten again and there’s a little wave shaking them.

“This is not love, this is more than it. I would lose any wits if you’re gone,” Hyukjae whispered leaning his forehead to Donghae and feels the cold skin relaxed him.

Donghae open his mouth a little as if he’s gasping for air then smiling again and they stayed like that for quite a long time until night falls in the sky.

 

--

 

It was a day like any other day, nothing out of the ordinary. Hyukjae had done his routine, coming to see Donghae in the morning before going to work and back at the evening after work. But somehow he didn’t feel content like he’s usually do, rather he’s feeling anxious and restless. He keep wondering what is it he’s feeling, why did he feel this restless like something bad is going to happen, but nothing is bad and everything is fine. Whether it’s his work or his family both are fine, and the last time he saw Donghae, the naiad was fine too as always. So why is he feeling like this?

In the middle of the night when everyone in the village already fallen asleep, Hyukjae finding himself getting even more anxious and restless he could barely contain it. He jumped out from the bed and running out from the house to the beach hurriedly, he could careless about his burning lungs wanting for air and his wobbly legs out of energy, he keep going to where Donghae is. After a few slipping over the slope, Hyukjae reach the place and search for Donghae’s figure. But there was none there, which is never happened because no matter what Donghae always formed in that certain spot at all times. Now he’s gone, Hyukjae could

Please log in to read the full chapter