Beautiful Sniper

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38

~Beautiful Sniper~

 

Half of the class applauded after one of the most exhausting presentations Seohyun had ever witnessed. Jimin sprang up at the sudden noise as he started nodding off, as Yoona stared in awe with open at the group due to their flawless presentation. Seohyun applauded the group despite her hands hurting now from all the clapping as the four of them bowed at the front.

“Well done, the four of you.” Mrs Lee clapped too, which she hadn’t done for anyone else’s presentations.

Mrs Lee clearly had no idea what anyone’s name was, except the more troublesome students like Hyomin who never shut up, constantly blabbing to Jiyeon and Soyeon, and Kai who never stopped joking with Sehun.  Mrs Lee also had to occasionally tell off Jungkook and Sooyoung who were bickering as a result of him knocking her books off the table or something to that effect.

“Who was the leader for your presentation?” Mrs Lee enquired, looking at the four of them expectantly.

Seolhyun certainly was confident, immediately stepping forward with no hesitation. “Me.” She informed, raising her hand a bit with a thin smile (as if Mrs Lee didn’t know from what she said).

Wait, Mrs Lee could smile? “I hope you plan on getting a career in the Biology field, young lady.” She advised nicely, however Seohyun did notice Kyungsoo’s face darken a little since he probably did lots of work too with no recognition like that despite being in their group.

“Thank you, songsaengnim.” Seolhyun bowed towards the teacher and adjusted a strand of hair upon standing up straight again, letting her vision go elsewhere with a smile. Seohyun felt it land nearby.

Figuring out she was looking past her, Seohyun turned to see that Taehyung was the receiver, giving her a rectangular grin back which she couldn’t help but become effected by as she quickly turned back again to avoid being noticed by him.

“They were too good!” Yoona whispered with worry amidst the clapping, dying on the inside as she got scared, imagining what the teacher would think of their presentation which was sure to flop now that Sulli (the one who wished to be leader of the project) was absent.

Once the clapping subsided, Seolhyun and the rest of her group, which consisted of a very short girl known as Jimin who often got confused with Park Jimin due to them having a similar name, Kyungsoo who was one of Seohyun’s fanboys, and Chanmi who Seohyun saw a bit of herself in, went to sit back in their seats at the other side of the room.

“Well, I hope you all feel inspired by that group’s performance and wish to do as good in the next project.” She stated as the class mostly looked blankly at her since most of them had no idea what Seolhyun was going on about the whole time. “It seems Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang won’t be back anytime soon.” Mrs Lee said judgingly. Taeyeon had left half an hour into the presentations as she began to feel ill, so her and Tiffany had ‘gone to the nurse’. Yoona could sense what would happen next, so shut her eyes tightly. “Could Im Yoona, Park Sooyoung (Joy) and Seo Joohyun come up to the front?”

Seohyun sighed, but she knew the time would come eventually. At least they could get it over and done with. “Come on, Yoona.” Seohyun insisted to the older girl who seemed to be adjusting her position on her stool.

“Pretend we’re not here!” Yoona said childishly, lowering herself so she wasn’t visible and under the desk. While anyone else would think this was a joke like Taehyung did judging by his sniggering, Seohyun knew Yoona was being serious.

“Yoona, she already knows we’re here.” Seohyun informed, putting her hand out for her to take.

Yoona slapped Seohyun’s hand down in an attempt to get her away. “You’ll blow my cover!”

Jimin nudged Taehyung. “What a freak.” He commented with his signature smirk.

Yoona immediately got out of her awkward position and stood up, confronting Jimin on the other side of the table with a stern look, and a finger which invaded his personal space a little. “I’m not a freak, you’re a… freak!” Yoona felt pleased with her amazing comeback which was sure to have ‘owned’ Jimin as she grinned at his confused face which was sure to mean she won.

“What’s going on over there?” Mrs Lee asked with crossed arms, as Yoona was rather loud. Joy was already standing at the front.

“Nothing, songsaengnim.” Seohyun assured, taking Yoona’s arm forcefully and dragging her away from Jimin who Yoona stuck her tongue out at.

“Good luck.” Taehyung said, which Seohyun looked back to accept with a quick smile as she continued to take Yoona to the front.

Jimin nudged Taehyung much harder this time in the ribs, causing the letter to let out a yelp. “I was going to say that!” Jimin pouted, wanting to be the one to say something to Seohyun.

“Excited?” Joy asked, receiving an ‘are you kidding?’ look from Seohyun, making her laugh. “Who wants to click the-“

“Me!” Yoona replied quickly, taking a seat at the laptop as she wanted to click the slides to go to the next one. This meant she wouldn’t have to say anything.

“See, I knew you were excited.” Joy joked, raising her eyebrows which caused Seohyun to laugh this time. At least Joy could lighten the mood.

Seohyun got Yoona to log into her account on the laptop at the front of the room as she soon pulled up the presentation and made it full screen.

“Do you want to start or should I?” Seohyun asked Joy nicely as always.

Joy smiled, noticing that Seohyun seemed less confident than usual. Usually Seohyun would be wanting to start off a presentation, but it seemed she hadn’t done a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter