Interlude

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 35~

Interlude

[WOULD ADD A GIF, BUT WINDOWS 10 KEEPS CRASHING THE BROWSER WHEN I DO!]

 

The boy quickly approached Jin who was still sitting at the table and slammed his fist onto it, making the older male quickly sit up at the sudden entrance. “Where is my ing money?” he asked, making Seohyun and Sunny curious as they had no idea what the latter was talking about. He sounded as if he was trying to restrain his voice.

“Calm down, Jungkook.” Jin said calmly, trying to stop the maknae from getting angrier than he already was.

Sunny on the other hand was trying to pick the books back up which she had dropped with the help of Taehyung and Seohyun who had rushed to help her.

“I won’t ing calm down!” Jungkook told the Jin, the veins on his neck pulsing in anger.

Jin didn’t want to upset Jungkook further. “Look…” Jin paused, attempting to give the maknae a few seconds to blow off some steam and to allow him to figure out how he was going to word the situation. “We didn’t manage to get any last night-“

“I don’t ing care! I need it now!” Jungkook sounded furious as he hit his fist on the table once more, and paced around the room to distract himself from going crazy as he thought of the consequences if he didn’t have the money soon.

Sunny patted herself down as Taehyung held both piles of books for her while she recovered.

Seohyun was passively listening to their conversation, and grew more and more curious as to what it was the two were discussing. “What are they talking about?” Seohyun asked Taehyung quietly. Although she realised she was being a bit nosy, Jungkook’s behaviour did seem a bit out there.

Taehyung didn’t know whether or not he should say. He knew he maybe shouldn’t, but it was Seohyun. As Taehyung was about to open his mouth, he was immediately cut off.

“Don’t tell her, er!” Jungkook snapped his glance away from the floor and to Taehyung sharply.

Seohyun was astonished by Jungkook’s rude language. Although she disliked him saying ‘’ in every sentence, it didn’t bother her too much since it was Jungkook, but when he directed those words to Taehyung, she felt the need to say something. “Don’t call him that!” Seohyun scolded.

Jungkook then approached Seohyun and edged his way closer to her until their chests were almost touching. “Why? What are you gonna do about it?” Jungkook asked menacingly as he towered above her, making her feel small. He wasn’t smirking or anything, and seemed deadly serious.

Seohyun tried to hide that though and didn’t even blink as they held eye contact.  Sunny bit her nails due to Seohyun’s stupid move, so she nudged Taehyung to try and get him to act.

Seohyun was thinking of something to say which was realistic, but she really didn’t expect to be asked that. What was she going to do about it? Not a lot really, but it was the principle that mattered.

Taehyung placed the books down and forcefully put himself between the two to break the tension. “Don’t bring her into this, Jungkook.”  He stated threateningly, taking a huge load off Seohyun who was no longer being looked at. “Seohyun was only asking a question.”

Hearing that made Jungkook’s veins boil. V always had to be the ing good guy in every situation, even standing up for Seohyun when she didn’t need his help. But how dare she ask such an imposing question, and how dare Taehyung even consider telling her anything. If anything his friend should have his back and not hers when Taehyung knew how much the money was needed.

Sunny decided to act as a mediator once more when she noticed that Jungkook’s breathing had increased rapidly for whatever reason and his fists clench.

Before she could speak, a familiar looking boy poked his head in the room at the worst time. “Have any of you seen Taeyeon?” Byun Baekhyun asked as he scanned the room for her.

There was an awkward pause. “I’ve not, sorry.” Sunny falsely informed him with a smile to cover up the tension in the room. She knew what the situation was between Baekhyun and Taeyeon, but Taeyeon certainly didn’t want to see him.

“OK. If you see her, tell her I’m looking for her.” Baekhyun said with uncertainty as he didn’t fully believe Sunny, and was also wondering what was going on before he entered. He then left the room and joined the flow of students going to their lessons.

In the meantime, Jin had stood up and pulled the maknae’s arm seeing that he and Taehyung were having a serious stare-off. “Don’t be stupid, Jungkook. We can sort this out later, but don’t take it out on them.” Jin intervened with reason.

The younger tug his arm away from the older harshly as he wasn’t pleased with Jin either. “Give me your phone.” Jungkook ordered Taehyung as he tried to calm himself, placing his hand out already to receive it.

Taehyung obliged and gave Jungkook his phone much to Seohyun’s confusion. Why would Taehyung give Jungkook his phone when he was so rude? However, Taehyung had to remember that it was his fault Jungkook no longer had a phone. Taehyung was going to ask the maknae about getting him a new one.

Once Jungkook got the phone he walked quickly out of the room and joined the crowds of people in the corridor.

“Is he OK?” Sunny asked after she watched the Jungkook leave in a hurry, her eyes flicking from Taehyung to Jin as either of them could answer.

Jin mumbled and rubbed his eye for a moment since he was still tired. “Hopefully… He just needs to pay his parents for last month’s rent.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter