Chapter Three

See You Again (The Dark Knight Sequel)

~ Promise? ~


 

“Ji Hyun-ah, wake up…”

 

Jungkook’s voice lingered in your ears, his words were faded as if he was just a dream. Your eyes opened slightly, only to see Jungkook hovering over you, his hand caressing your hair trying to wake you.

 

You turned around, wanting to sleep more. “It’s too early,” you whined.

 

It was a Saturday morning and from all the hard work you’ve been doing lately, you managed to finish all the marking on the recent English test that you gave your students. Now you have the weekend all to yourself.

 

“But it’s already 10am,” he said pouting.

 

You didn’t respond. You already fell back to sleep.

 

Jungkook let out a little huff, “Fine then, I guess you left me with no choice,” he grinned. With no hesitation, he got up on the bed with you. You could feel his hot breath against your ear. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

He wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you close, his lips leaving tingling butterfly kisses on your neck then his kisses traveled to behind your ear. Your eyes fluttered open from the sensation of his warm lips against your skin.

 

“Jungkook…” your voice was a bit raspy when you spoke.

He didn’t stop, “Are you awake now?”

You turned around and face him, a smile curved on his lips and he leaned forward to kiss yours. “Good morning,” you smiled.

“Good morning,” he smiled back.

“Why did you wake me up so early in the morning?”

Jungkook’s smile turned into a grin, “Let’s hang out today, just the two of us, what do you say?”

“You mean like a date?”

 

He nodded his head.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

“Remember this place?” Jungkook smiled as the two of you walked down to shore, hands holding each other’s tightly.

You nodded, looking at the beautiful mixtures of colors of the sunset. “This is where I found out that you were the guy I hung out when I was like eight.”

“Weren’t we younger than that?”

“Jungkook, it’s been more than ten years ago and my memory is horrible, do you think I remembered?”

He let out a little laugh, the kind of laugh that he does that makes you just want to hug him to death. “You asked me about my necklace,” he said, holding out the silver key of the necklace.

You held out yours, “And the moment you said our promise, I knew it was you.”

“We had pretty good times back then,” he said then sat down on the golden sand.

You sat beside him, leaning your head on his shoulder, a sudden question ran through your mind. “If you had a chance to change our past, what would you want to change?”

Jungkook became silent for a while, he was thinking. It seemed like many thoughts were going through his mind after you asked him that question. After about five minutes of thinking, Jungkook finally spoke, “Nothing,” he said. “I wouldn’t want to change anything because even if I made one single change to my life back then, there would have been a chance where we wouldn’t end up like this,” he smiled, holding up your intertwined hands, the diamond on the silver ring shining.

 

You could only smile at his response, it was cute and it warmed your heart. Even though your past life was a bit hectic, you still wouldn’t want to change it. Those crazy events that happened made the person who you are today and also the girl who is about to marry her best friend and the love of her life. Jeon Jungkook.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

 

“Taehyung, you have to tell them.”

“I can’t, if I tell Chanmi, she’ll worry too much.”

“Well it’s better than not knowing about something so big like that, what are you supposed to do?”

“I’ll hide it from them, I’ll do my best to do it.”

“They’re bound to know sooner or later. Are you at least going to tell the guys?”

“I can’t.”

“Unbelievable.”

“Listen, just let me handle this, okay? In the meantime, I have a little plan.”

“And what is this plan of yours?”

“Something awesome.”

“You don’t have a plan, don’t you?”

“Not yet but I will.”

“Have I ever mentioned that you are unbelievable?”

“Jimin…”

“What is it?”

“When something happens, please take care of my family for me… I feel like there’s no one else better than my best friend to take good care of my family…”

“Yah, don’t say stuff like that, nothing will happen to you.”

“But what if something does? Just promise me that you will.”

“Fine. I promise.”

 


~ Author's Note ~


 

This chapter's a little short but whatever, I kind of got lazy LoL xD

A little mystery in the end, what do you guys think is going on with Taehyung? Hehehe