Seven

LOVE

Seunghyun PoV

 

6 PM, Hannam – Seoul..

I guess, this is the power of money can do. Very private, secure, classy and y. No, I’m not talking about the y women who are attending this exhibition. I mean, yeah.. women, they’re y but a furniture with unique composition is the iest than anything. Except, you’re making out with your y girl on your chair, that’s bonus! Ugh, why do I suddenly remember did that with Sekyung on my Philip Arctander chair?

“This way, Mr Choi..” Receptionist talks to me in English, I nod and follow him to the main hall. And here I am.. y furniture everywhere, I guess the owner of Monstro Corporate is has a great taste in art. I wonder how old is he? Probably in his middle fifty years old.

“Good evening Mr. Choi, I’m glad having you here.” Park Tae Joon, General Manager of the famous exhibition organizer I ever know. I’ve known him for a long time, especially since I was debut as curator six years ago.

“Don’t mention it, I always happy to come.” We bow to each other.

“Ah, let me introduce you to the owner. You guys must have a great conversation about art.” He smiled then instructs me to follow his step to the small corridor and enter another hall, this room damn cozy and artsy. There’s young man holding wine glass, at first I don’t think this man is the owner because from what I see, he looks like a celebrity than businessman who crazy on art. He’s definitely looks younger than me.

“Mr. Choi Hyun Woo, this is Mr. Choi Seung Hyun…” Park Tae Joon introduces me to this young man, Choi Hyun Woo? Is he a rookie actor? Or rookie model? His face really fit into entertainment business.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Choi.” He shakes my hand and smile, let me notice that his tooth is white and clean. I even don’t blink my eyes due his awesomeness, I’m not telling lie, this guy seriously should join some agency. Or I’ll let him to be main role on my next single.

“We share the Choi’s name.” I try to make a joke to break the awkward moment. And five minutes later, we’re really had a good conversation about art and everything. And I find out that Hyun Woo is not too interest in camera and festivity.

This is so exclusive, I look around to observe, there’s only less from 50 persons but all of them are no joke, I mean.. only great artist from Korea and another country who attend this exhibition, and so far from I know, I’m the only celebrity here. He threw the private exhibition for the efficiency and less fake people who always be nice to him in order to get project from him. He has great personality as a businessman in his young age. Party, politic, nepotism isn’t rare in business life and his strong determination can deal with it.

After had a conversation with him and another artist, we had dinner session. Hyun Woo seems has interest on me because he choose to change his seat into my table, so he could talk to me and my best friend, Kohei Nawa, Park Tae Joon and Hyun Woo’s assistent.

“I have no idea I’ll meet another fantastic Choi..” Hyun Woo gives me a compliment and I laugh it off. We’re enjoying the dinner with another VIP guest

“We should catch up for another meeting then..” I smile then sip my wine. Ahh, this wine is great.

“Sure, who knows a great actor like you would have passion in art. ” He laughs and over me to drink the wine again. But someone interrupt us.

“Congratulation, Mr. Choi.” I heard a woman’s voice behind me, her voice seems familiar.

“You’re here?” Hyun Woo looks excites, he doesn’t realize that he’s talking in informal language which is mean the relationship between Hyun Woo and the woman is close. Even his pupils got bigger while he keep eyeing the woman whom I don’t know who she is, it’s because my seat backs her face. And it’s impolite if I suddenly turn my back to check who she is. Better to kill my curiosity and stay calm on my seat.

“Yeah, I’ll sit on my table. Don’t mind me and enjoy your time with your guest. Oh, anyiongaseyo.” The woman replied on Hyun Woo and greeted Kohei, since Kohei doesn’t speak Korea, he just smile and nods.

“Okay, just wait there.” Hyun Woo smiles, I guess this woman is his crush or maybe his girlfriend. Rich kid, famous family, heirs, good looking.. no wonder he has girlfriend even it’s just for fun or not, like I care though.

Her high heels’ sounds away, I follow her move from my corner eye. Black backless dress, I bet she’s beautiful, from her back I can tell it. And absolutely hot.

“I think I know her…” Park Tae Joon opens his mouth, pointing at the woman who just passed after she greeted Hyun Woo.

“Really? I think so, since she often appears on television.” Hyun Woo get excited.

 

Sekyung PoV

 

I check myself in the mirror, make sure my make up still on, my lips still chu~
I came up late due to my filming schedule, as soon as I got break I rush to support Hyun Woo’s event in Hannam. Truthfully I don’t really understand about art, but as long as I find the things are unique and eye catchy I feel no burden to join.
Then why did he also come?

For the bad news, later after dinner I found out that the one and only person who didn’t turn his face when I greeted Hyun Woo is Seunghyun, Choi Seung Hyun. He sat together with Hyun Woo and I knew he also surprised to see me here and it makes me uneasy because I caught him looking at me many times. And me? Of course I avoid his eye contact, I felt embarrassed about what we did that night.
I put on my lipstick after had dinner, and toilet is the best room to fix my make up. I think I’m done, I should go back to main hall where Hyun Woo would wait for me. He promise me to get some movie marathon and enjoys snack like we used to do when we were young, I guess it would be fun. I walk out from the toilet and I heard someone calling out my name with deep voice.

“Sekyung..” A deep voice called me. I turned my body and found Seunghyun oppa standing lean on the wall, seems like he have been waiting for me. What he did here? I asked myself then I quickly realized that he deliberately take his time to meet me secretly like this.

We look at each other eyes for a moment and he say, “We need to talk.” I keep my eyes on him, check his expression.
How could he find me here?

I’ve been avoiding him because what happened between us that night isn’t right, and I still get mad to myself whenever I remember. Why would I let my heart control my brain? Let him to enter my life again? I’ll not let it happen again tonight, not again.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” I answer coldly and start to walk away. I heard his footsteps behind me, he grabs my arm and pull me over to face him,“Look, I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you. I just—”

“It’s okay, I already forget about it.” I cut his words off and push his hand away from my arm. Oh please oppa, don’t you know I have a war between my heart and my brain right now? I really want to talk to you, but half of myself force me to ignore and run to you. So please let me go.

“Sekyung..” He pleaded.

“I’m sorry I have to go.” I say without looking back and walk away.

“I already broke up with her 3 months ago, and I’m really serious about what happened that night!” He shouted. His words made me surprise. I stopped walking.


I turn back and face him, “Is this too easy for you?” I ask with trembling voice. The fact that he already broke up and he kissed me so easily make me get angry.

“What?” He looks confused.

“Break up then kisses another girl? And now you told me you’ve done with her?” I can’t hold my tears anymore.

So I’m just his place to run away?
After he broke up then he try to get me back?
Am I that easy for him? So he can fool me whenever he wants to?

I’m really angry, angry to the reality, especially to myself. How could I’ve been so stupid? Thinking that he wouldn’t able to forget me? Bull. He just wants me back after he got dump by that girl. Is it funny for you, Seunghyun? Is it fun for you to play with my heart?

“Listen, you’re missunder—“

“Don’t explain, I won’t hear anything from you!” I yell at him. I can’t control myself, it’s better to run away from him. I heard he calls my name, begging me to stop and listen to him but keep running to the main hall with my tears and until I bump to Hyun Woo in the entrance who busy looking for me because it took a long time for me to just go to the toilet.

He holds me and asks with worry, “Where did you go?”

I don’t answer and keep crying, “Why are you crying? What’s wrong?” He shakes my shoulder. I even can’t see him on his eyes, I just want to go home and lock myself into my room, crying all over the night.

“Yah, answer me. Why are you crying?” His worry turns to be annoyed. I cry louder, luckily all the guests already gone. There’s just me and Hyun Woo so nobody would hear us. I keep not answering then Hyun Woo pull me over to his embrace, he my hair smoothly.

“It’s okay, please don’t cry. It’s hurt to see you crying like this, let’s go home.” He restraining lead me to parking area, get on his car.

“Yeah, I remember now!” Park Tae Joon says with spirit.

Hyun Woo chuckles, “She’s Se Kyung, Shin Se Kyung.”

“Yaaaah you’re right, she’s beautiful than what I saw on tv~ You’re so lucky, Mr. Choi.” Park Tae Joon teases Hyun Woo, four of us laugh at his joke, but for me this is bad news. Is that really Sekyung? I wish it’s not her, I wish I was wrong, I wish she’s another Shin Se Kyung. I look around try to find where Sekyung is. It’s real, it’s her! She’s sitting 3 tables away from mine. And I don’t know why, I start to feel nervous, uneasy.