I Was a Trainee Too

Upcoming Kpop Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I pushed the number combination into the keypad and dragged my feet into the SM building. It was already mid afternoon. The MV shoot went up till 2 in the morning so we didn't get back until past 3am. This was actually considered lucky since there were times where groups would have to film until 6am. Today was just going to be a simple day. Finish the recordings for the single and work on the rest of the album. But then in the evening my first promotional video is going to be released. Nothing scared me more than thinking about how the public would react to me. The company gives an idol rules to follow, how they should act on shows, what not to say. What if I end up like one of those idols who has to fake an entirely different personality to get fans to like them? I want to be liked for me. If management would ever ask me to turn down my personality on TV, I don't know how I would take it.

 

“Amy-shi!” A high-pitched girl’s voice interrupted me from my thoughts. I looked to my left where a short girl in a preppy high ponytail stood coming out of one of the practice rooms. I immediately recognized her to be one of the trainees I used to have dance class with. Min Seo Ji.

 

“Hey! What are you doing here?” I asked walking up to her. This is the main idol building and the trainee building is a few blocks away.

 

“I’m here for the monthly assessment! Only been a few months and you already forgot?” she teased.

 

“Right! Wow good luck. Are you demonstrating singing or dancing this time?" I asked.

 

"Singing. They said it was what needed to improve the most. All the girls have been working extremely hard recently. There's been a rumor that they're starting to put together a new girl group. Have you heard anything? Since you're in the main building now?" she asked.

 

I frowned. "No, I haven't heard anything."

 

"Well you should come by the trainee building to visit. You're like a legend now. SM chose you so quickly! And they're letting you start solo too! They never do that!" she said looking up at me with wide eyes. It reminded me of the first time I made eye contact with D.O. from across the conference table and how he just stared at me without saying a word.


 

"Gomawo Min Seo, I will visit soon. I think I still have to clean out my locker there. Maybe I’ll stop by today actually,” I said. Since I’ll be officially debuting and SM has no time to say take-backsies, I can remove my belongings from the trainee building with a calm mind.

 

“Ne. Choi Eun and Min Lee have taken so much interest in you. Did you know that those guys had a bet to see how long it would take you to debut? If you run into them today, they might ask for an autograph just letting you know,” she chuckled.

 

“Omo! That’s crazy, I’m so grateful!” I laughed. I didn’t realize the other trainees even paid attention to me. “My first teaser video will be coming out tonight. If you have time, please watch it," I said.

 

"Ne, of course. I will get all the girls in the dorm and we'll watch it together. But on separate laptops so it gets more views! Hwaiting!" she said pumping her fist into the air.

 

"Hwaiting!” I said doing the same motion. “I’ll see you later Min Seo, I’ll let you practice for your assessment,” I said about to leave.

 

“Wait Amy-shi, I have a question,” she said excitedly.

 

“Ne?”

 

“Have you met any idols? Like anyone really famous?” she stuttered out.

 

“Ne,” I laughed, oh my goodness. “I’ve met a few. I met EXO.”

 

“EXO?! Aigoo, did they say anything to you?!”

 

“Yeah we said a lot to each other actually. We’re all friends now. Management featured me in Call Me Baby so I just shot the music video with them yesterday, can you believe it?” Just having that sentence come out of my mouth was so surreal.

 

“Chincha? Why didn’t I hear any rumors about this? And that girl with Sehun, that was you wasn’t it!” I nodded. “I knew it! Ohh Amy-shi I’m so jealous.”

 

“Min Seo! Don’t say that, don’t worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter