Chapter 20: He Doesn't Like It

Behind Those Lovely Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You promise you won’t say anything?”

I looked up from my locker to see the boy. It was only last night we really got to speak to each other but now it seemed our paths have officially crossed.

“Say what?” I leaned forward and whispered.

Cupping the side of his mouth where a fresh bruise had already formed, Junhoe looked around before answering. “About the little practice match I had with Hanbin last night. I mean, it was my first time and getting knocked onto my back is expected – “

“I got it. I won’t mention anything.” I answered with a smile. I’m sure once Junhoe realizes what kind of person I am, he’ll know that those are just trivial matters and that gossiping isn’t really an interest of mine. 

He breathed out in relief and turned his head around when he caught something out of the corner of his eye. I followed his line of sight and found Jiwon frozen and staring at the both of us.

“Good morning, Jiwon.” I greeted him like I usually did.

“…Good morning.” He answered back and continued on his way down the bustling corridor.

Junhoe kept his eyes following him. “What was that about?”

I shrugged before closing my locker.

“So, what is his deal?” Junhoe questioned out of curiosity. “Why does he always look like that and why does he stop by the training center – “

“Junhoe, there are things people like to keep quiet about also….just like how you got that injury.” I pointed at the little bruise. Seeing him taken aback, I used the time to leave and got to homeroom. 

***

“He was such a gentleman.” 

I watched as Aunt Dara went about, nearly gliding across the floor of the shop as she pulled together a variety of beautiful flowers for her next arrangement. 

“There wasn’t anything off with him?” I carefully asked. 

She shook her head. “There was not a single thing wrong with him.” She continued with a bright smile upon her lips. 

The bell chimes with the appearance of the young man. 

“Jiwon, you’re right on time.” Aunt Dara greeted him. “We just got new deliveries today that need to be organized.”

He nodded his head. “I’ll get started.” 

Watching him walk behind the counter towards the backroom prompted me to do the same. “I’ll help him.” Leaving behind my aunt, I walked up beside Jiwon. I opened my mouth but nothing came out right away – how was I supposed to tell him about the Mr. Lee situation? “…I couldn’t stop it, Jiwon.”

He was slipping his sweatshirt off when he heard the news. With his eyes on me, he hung the clothing onto the back of the chair at the bench. 

“Aunt Dara went out with Mr. Lee.” I clarified.

“And what happened?” He questioned back. 

He was either unreactive or hiding it and I didn’t know how to respond. “She said it went well. Like, really well.” 

Hearing my words, he sighed. 

“…Can’t you tell me the reason why we should avoid him?” I asked carefully. 

Jiwon goes quiet for a moment. “Even if I were to tell you, do you think Ms. Dara would listen?” 

Once the truth settled, I shook my head. “She believes otherwise.” Aunt Dara is fixated on this Mr. Lee. After their date, she is certainly head over heels for him. She believes she has a clear image of him and I don’t think anything we say would change it. 

Thinking about it now, Mr. Lee usually stops in today. While trying to figure things out, my eyes go back to the boy in front of me. Watching him, I noticed how unsettled he grew. 

“Jiwon, do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter