5.

Life of Kim Hyoyeon (English Version)

5. YG's offer.

I felt a weight on my tummy and moved in my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes to get blinded by the light and saw Chaerin's arms hugging my waist.

I really did my best to remove that arm because I needed to drink my medicine and I need to prepare for my check up.

I poked her cheeks, her nose, her lips and down to her neck and there's still no sign of her waking up.

"You can't wake her like that. I'll do the pleasure, go and drink your medicine, hun." Sandara's sweet voice lingered in my ears.

"I know your doctor for years now and I asked him about your needs. He also told me that 2ne1 are the second peoplr to knoe about your condition eh?"

She went near me and removed Chaerin's arm. I smiled at her gesture and closed my eyes. She pinched my cheeks and let out a small laugh.

"Go now and eat, Park Bom cooked."

I stood up as to eat as what Dara told me but caught in my trance when my phone ringed out loud. Without any intention of knowing who the caller is, it might be Key or Onew anyway, my members are too impossible as an option so I went and get the call on my ear.

 “Hyoyeon, can you go here at the hotel? Please.” It was Jessica’s voice. Did something happen to them? Are there any accident or something?

“Why?” The undenying tone of my worries about them was too shown on my voice. I can’t help it either.

“Just use our van. Please, go here.” And to tell you the truth, this would be my first of hearing Jessica saying please to me after those whole years I got called a .

“Now?” But I love them, I cannot just let Jessica down. Not now when she just said please to me. I’ll keep my promise of keeping them safe.

 “You can go later, just go,” and the line on my ear was cut. Wasn’t that quite bitter-sweet? I felt the harshness on her voice and got goosebumps of how cold her voice was but still, here I am, doing my best just to attend their pleases.

Maybe, a part of Jessica still knows me too well. She knows that my heart will automatically soften whenever I hear that little ‘please’ of hers. Despite all the grudges and anger I kept inside me, I cannot just unsee the fact that they needed me. Right now.

I looked at the two people with me and saw Chaerin’s still sleeping while Dara is doing her best to wake her up. I felt relieved when no one actually heard what Jessica and I were talking about and Dara didn’t question me either.

I went to the kitchen and saw Bom frying an egg and Minzy’s whining on Bom because the egg given to her by Bom is burnt. They’re such a cutie. Knowing that I can cook well, I walked towards Bom and took the spatula from her hand and cooked for everyone.

I put the last fried egg on the plate and gave it to the doomed Chaerin and because she;s the last to get up from her bed, she got the last piece of egg. Bom on the other side looked at me like she was too amazed by how I made the egg, throwing me questions like ‘How?!’, ‘How high the temperature was?’ or something like those. Minzy still resting with her usual poker face, no one can deny her gentleness. She gave me my medicines in case I forgot about it.

"Hyo, want to visit YG?" Maknae asked me while munching the food and took a bite from Bom’s who’s still looking at me with her eyes widened.

"YG? I’ll go inside your company?”

"Yes. Our CEO likes you." Sandara added, her hand reaching for the stubborn maknae and boom, hit her forehead with a spoon.

"But I am an SM artist, won’t that bother your colleagues?” I asked curiously.

"Like what we told you, no actually only Dara did, our YG likes you. He actually wanted to get you from SMent before." Chaerin made a note on the word ‘before’.

"But your CEO doesn’t want to, so our YG let go. Our CEO wants you to be a solo artist of YG." Chaerin continued.

"I think, I'll be fine with SMent for now. I want to see your studio." Almost declining the offer of being a solo.

I wouldn’t want that kind of chance to escape, but I am weak. My priority right now is my heart. I do not want to die.

"Sure, we can have a dance duo." Maknae said.

I smiled at her and messed her short hair. She returned it with a smile and proceeded on getting a portion of Bom’s food in which Dara, took a chance to hit her forehead again. What a crazy bunch.

They gave me clothes and all the necessities I need were simply provided by them. Chaerin dressed me like how she dresses. Baddest one. I am kinda feeling uncomfortable but their concept is great, I like it. If only Girls’ Generation’s concept not that girly, I might get the chance for a spotlight? Yeah, maybe.

I got inside their huge van and Chaerin urged me to sit with her because she told us that a guest must sit with a leader and I am like, what? But sat with her because she’s pouting and that’s not like her!

Oh, I forgot my car!

“Hey, how ‘bout my car? Why don’t we use it?”

“Sitting here in the van with a huge space is fun, we can do anything her. After you visit our company, we will bring you back here and get your car. Is that okay with you then?”

"Yes ma'am." I chuckled slightly and saluted my right hand at Chaerin.

Laughs were all I heard, it’s kind of much better here than my group. Why? There’s no drama here, I can feel the happiness I am longing for way back then, I can feel the love and their acceptance towards me. I can’t help but compare the 2ne1 to Girls’ Generation. Right, I said that my girls will still be the best for me but if you are just to look at the bond of these 4 to the other 8, of course without me, it seems like these four are actually sister.

I just smiled at the thought and at the scene, this was how we acted before but ever since ‘The Boys’ concept was created, everyone changed, everything. I won’t ask for bringing back what was on the past, I can’t do that anyway. I’ll just wish for the distance between us will shorten. I want the big wall that separates us get lost. They are so close to me but yet so far to reach.

“What are you thinking about again, huh?” And someone threw a crumpled paper on my head, how did they even got papers?

I acted like I was hurt and faced Bom who threw me the paper, “Bomie, it’s the first time you did that to me! I was hurt Bomie,” I also acted like I was nearly on the verge of crying.

"Oh my God, Hyonie I'm sorry." With her sad face, she went near me and hugged me. It cheered up my loneliness for a bit, to be honest.

As a revenge, I got the crumpled paper I prepared and threw it directly on her head, bull’s eye! I gave her a cheeky smile as I heard laughs surrounding me.

"Yah! You made me worried right there!”

“Kekeke, why are there papers here?"

I saw their eyes got widened at surprise. What’s wrong?

"We asked you earlier if you wanted to play a game and you just declined our offer that’s why we played one without you.” As if it was a big deal, Bom’s tone is getting dramatic and the more she explains something to me, the more Dara giggled at Bom’s side.

"I did?” I nonchalantly questioned her as Chaerin breathed heavily and stuffed my mouth with a bread thinking that maybe it was just because of my hunger.

I raised my head higher and saw their cool building. It’s pretty, really pretty. It’s not simple and it’s not that grand. If you will just look at it and admire it, you can see how badass it was designed and that made me understood the reason why their artists are so cool.

I was brought inside and saw a huge pictures of them, from Epik High to Winner, complete. Even their debut’s picture is here. On my side was Big Bang’s, a lot changed. I was also brought to a huge hallway wherein all the albums of YG Family are collected and protected by a glass. Since the first album till the latest, same as the former, complete.

If only SM cared this much to their artists, we won’t be called as the most hated company.

Chaerin talked to a woman, it was YG’s assistant. Chaerin only smiled at her and then looked at us with a huge smile plastered on her small face.

"YG said okay,” she even high fived me and took it without knowing why are they even celebrationg.

What okay?! I’m always clueless here, huh. The other three also has their own huge smile and pushed me towards a room wherein I saw YG sitting freely on his little couch. I saw this a lot on shows, it’s his room, I’m very sure of it.

I bowed several times as a sign of respect and without knowing what to do, I introduced myself as the usual.

"I'm So Nyeo Shi Dae's Hyoyeon." With a bow, I hesistantly loked at YG before turning my head to my back and to see no one. The four left me, how dare them?

My body’s quite shaking, I’m too nervous, what to do? Actually, I wanted to audition at YG before but my mother wanted it to be SM so I had no other choice.

"Please sit down." I did what he told me and sat on the opposite of where he’s resting. Still having this nervous expression on my face, I looked down to release some hot steam from my embrassment. I just really don’t know what to do. The man in front of me is one of the most respected people here in South Korea industry.

Thinking and collecting words to response, "I'm sorry for this, but the 2ne1 girls want me to meet you. I'm sorry sir," and turned to bow my head again for how many times already.

Instead of getting all that serious, a munchy crooked laugh was all I heard and there it goes, he smiled at me.

“No, it’s fine, I knew that the four are with you yesterday that is why I asked them to bring you here.”

"Sorry for asking this, sir but for what purpose?"

I saw a sly smirk curved at YG’s lips as if he has just casted a good artist on his team at these talent shows he’s been, "Well, I fought for you with Youngmin, a lot. Unfortunately, you signed a contract with him last 3 years. Your contract, it will get expire on January, right?”

"Yes sir, we’ll do the contract signing at the third week.”

Getting that sly smirk bigger, the confident YG clapped his hands together and looked at me with a very gazing look, "Yes, before that Youngmin will get to you first, I want to offer you a contract. You'll be a trainee for a maximum of 3 months. I'll debut you as a solo or as a part of a new girl group."

It took me a while before I realized all what YG said. Last night, I was thinking that if I was a part of their family will I get that happy? But today, YG’s on my face, shoving me a contract saying that I’ll be one of their family, officially.

I wouldn't want to leave my girls, but this is my dream. How about my heart? What if this won’t last that long? What if I can’t even woke a day on January, what if… What if before I got the chance to sign, I got my existence gone?

I was also planning on leaving the Girls’ Generation for my health. It’s not like I matter anyway, it’s not like removing one from the nine would affect something. Maybe, they’ll get happy, or no? I don’t know what to believe.

"I'm not rushing things with you Ms. Kim Hyoyeon. This contract is for you to sign right after January next year. I'm saying this to you, for you to have time to think."

"Sir, I appreciate your way of thinking about not rushing things. I wouldn't give any final answer about the conditions. Can I still back out in case?”

I saw a genuine smile just now from him, I can see that he likes what’s happening. It was quite creepy since it was my first to see YG smile like that.

"Of course, since your trainee days I'm waiting for you. Sooman has always been bragging you on me. I will be fine whatever your decision is but of course, I want you here and will be so happy to manage your career." This is how a boss works, not forcing things out to their artists. Every YG artists are lucky, really.

I smiled and stood up, I bowed as my final remark and went out of his office to see the four standing in line waiting for me.

"She's here already!" The four all shouted like it was practiced. They knew everything about this for sure.

"You guys probably knew about the contract?" I looked at each of them but I rested my eyes at Chaerin. She only gave me a peace sign and her smile before responding on my question, "I thought that maybe our chemistry can work and I told it to our boss. He said yes and gave you a contract, fun right?” I can see that she only bluffed. Of course, it would be obvious, it’s a bluff.

"Shut up. You’re all crazy, you planned it already. Is that the reason why I can’t get this Chaerin up from her bed?"

"We talked at KakaoTalk, by the time you get into your sleep, we all planned it out and Chaerin told our boss that you’re with us. Hehe." Dara explained.

I only sighed while recollecting my scattered thoughts, I am thinking about YG’s offer on me once again. Solo artist? Another girl group? I do prefer solo though but I can’t take to see my group, Girls’ Generation and I competing for a certain trophy. We all worked hard for everything. If I sign at SM this January, another 3 years of pain if I don’t, I get the chance to rest. How about the other 8? What will happen to them? I can’t leave them. Do they still need me? I’m going crazy right now.

I can't leave the other 8 but my dream. How 'bout my dream of having a solo, dream of becoming a part of YG Family? Of course, there will always be the time that one of us will leave the other till everyone got in their separated ways.

Like what I said, I am weak. If ever the wall got vanished between me and the other eight, I’ll go and get lost. I will leave the Girls’ Generation, wouldn’t that be a nice thing? There I can say that I can sleep in peace, not that I fall asleep in midst of thinking about my situation every time.

Today is September 23. Yesterday was the day I aged once again. I still have 4 months to think and 4 months for me to fix the relationship between the Girls’ Generation and me. I still have 1-2 months before my operation. 2 months to endure the pain in my chest.

Right now, I'm happy. I’ll go get back at the dorm later, will I still be happy the way I am now? I love Girls’ Generation so much, that it hurts and it hurts me to love myself also.

What should I choose? The other eight or myself? Girls’ Generation or Kim Hyoyeon? What would they feel if one day they came to know that I left? Will they get happy or sad? How ‘bout my lovely Miyoung? Will she even be able to keep her promise of being my number one fangirl?

I have a lots of question to myself that only my leaving of Girls’ Generation would answer. I made a promise to myself, right? Ot9 forever.

"Hyoyeon!" Chaerin shouted taking me out from my deep thoughts.

I looked at her as if questioning her what the problem is.

“We’ll go to the dance room right? Come one, the other three went first.”

"Okay, I understand. I need to dance with the maknae."

She wrapped her arms around my shoulder and as if she knew what has been going on inside my head, she whispered, "Don't think about it anymore. 4 months. You still have 4 months. Use that 4 months to think. Be calm. Don't worry too much. Your heart." Right, my heart.

I can't afford to lose this game right when I already got the chance. She's right. I need to calm myself. I reached for my handphone.

Opened the gallery and look for an ot9 picture.

How 'bout the idea of destroying the ot9, when in fact it was already destroyed?

(SORRY FOR THE ERRORS, STILL HAVEN'T DOUBLE CHECKED IT HEHE)