8.

Life of Kim Hyoyeon (English Version)

8. Strong Heart Part I

I looked around the room, it was indeed a new place for me. If i were to think about it, when was the last time I entered this studio? Gee era? The set wasn't new, the design was still the same the first time I saw it but when you see the seats, tables and other things, all of them are new. Everything about here made me miss so much of thing in my life. I miss the Girls' Generation, I miss Yuri beside me or even the other members. Before, they even knew who my crush was but now? I can't even hear a single word from them anymore.

I scanned my eyes at the guests who are already present, the group who's really close to me wasn't present. Where is 2ne1? I can already see Se7en and Seungri of Big Bang. YG Family? My eyebrow lifted up a bit, am I the only SM artist here?

I walked towards the bunch of seats where idols are staying and playing with each other. The YG family are really close. I can see it with the way they laugh and talk to each other. I do not feel left out nor alone, in fact I am enjoying watching them. There's no way for me to feel that back in our company anyway.

As the time goes by, I can already see and hear the staffs whispering about who just have arrived. I looked to my left- oh, there is Taeyeon. Why is Taeyeon here? I thought I was the only one? I also see Tiffany with Jessica beside her.

I know this is not right but I'm feeling nervous. I want to get out of this room by now. Their presence are enough to make me feel this way. I love them but after what happened yesterday? I couldn't keep myself to look at their faces. I was panicking and packing up the bag that I am holding when I suddenly felt a weight shifted beside me and an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I looked at who it was and saw G-Dragon's face near mine. So handsome.

The shock I felt cannot be explained, the Girls' Generation on my left and the almighty G-Dragon on my right, I was about to remove his arm when he brought his face near my ear and whispered, "Hey, well, Chaerin's rule and no worries, I also offered," he stood me up at his last word.

If it was Chaerin's orders, that means she knew that Girls' Generation would be here with us? G-Dragon dragged me and we walked towards the exit of ths studio, the opposite direction where my group was walking. As I have tried so much to hide my face and escape their eyes on me, I don't know why but I did it. Our eyes met with each other. Should I come with them or should I just let this handsome guy drag me? I tried to look around the members, Seohyun just put her thumbs up. Where is Sunkyu? I need Sunkyu right now, please.

The arm around my shoulder are getting tighter, we are about to pass the seven members when I felt someone turned me around, hard. That hand was too familiar that I know who the owner was. I know whose nails are those, I know the pain it felt especially when those nails are burying themselves on my skin. It maybe hard to admit but I know who it was. My favorite member, Kwon Yuri.

"Unnie, come with us. You're not even smiling at us, I'm sad," when she said that, my eyes quickly found themselves at her face. She was smiling but I know that that smile is something she never had before.

G-Dragon looked at my arm where Yuri is still holding me, he saw my skin turning red and he saw the burried nails at my skin. It was so evident but believe me, I tried not to make it one. Please, I don't want my members to be in trouble. G-Dragon brough his arm down and held Yuri's wrist, "Yuri, was it? Would you mind giving me back my girlfriend? It's been a while since we had this kind of moment, you see," G-Dragon eyed on me and winked.

Yuri didn't remove her hand on my arm instead she tightened it and God knows how much it hurts.

"You? Hyoyeon's boyfriend?" A slight arch on her eyebrow was made. I am quite disappointed, there's not even an unnie on it?

"Shut it Yuri, I'm older, at least learn how to respect."

Why do I even deserve this thing? I already gave up knowing that I can't bring back what we had years ago, the one we had before, what do they still want? They pushed me away and now, they want me back?

"Let her go Yuri, if she wanted to be there, let her. It's not like she's a loss."

"It's not like you're all my loss too Jessica," and when I snapped back at what Jessica has said, Yuri let my arm go and that certain hand went somewhere near my cheek.

I knew it was coming, I didn't even close my eyes. Maybe it was my way to make wake myself up from the dream of waiting for them to come back to me for 3 years. I felt someone covered my eyes and everything went black.

I didn't feel any kind of sting on my cheek but I heard a sound. A hand moved my face from earlier. I removed the hand that's covering my eyes and saw G-Dragon took the hit for me.

G-Dragon's calm face can still be seen but his other hand was curling up, he didn't have to do that, why did he take it for me? G-Dragon bit his lip and turned to speak, "I would really appreciate it if you won't hurt Hyo and you," he pointed his pointing finger at Taeyeon, "You let her do that to your member? You're the worst leader I've ever seen," he ended with a slight smirk and wrapped his arm around my shoulders once again.

He dragged me outside once again. I was trying to see his cheek but he's just blocking my face with his palm, even when we got outside already, he's trying his best not to make me see the redness of it. I know that the slap was hard, juding from the sound of it? That mark of redness would last for a long time and I caused that. I didn't really want to bother him but I just did.

When we stepped outside, I separated myself from him and turned to look at his cheek but boy- he was too quick. He already covered it with his hand. "Jiyong, let me see. I did that to you. Please, let me," I asked him with a slight serious face.

But he only replied with flashy smirk once again, stop smirking.

"You know my real name, are you a stalker or something?" His eyebrows were wiggling and the smirk he had was growing larger.

If only he wasn't handsome, I would've probably smacked his head right away.

"I am not a stalker, please," I stated with a roll of my eyes and reached out to remove hi hand from his cheek.

He cheekily smiled at my gesture and winked her eye, "Great, you just like me that much? Don't worry, you have a chance," and I can see his smile getting bigger.

I squinted my eyes at him and flicked my fingers softly at his cheek where Yuri just slapped him. Thinking about what he said, do I like him? Yes, but that was ages ago and now, I don't have any thoughts to like him again. I have had enough of everything.

Starting from the members to myself.

"Yah- it hurts. I already got hit and you hit it again."

I didn't reply to what he was saying. I shut my mouth and quickly shuffled through my handbag to find for a concealer to hide the redness. I can see that the force was too much, judging from its color right now. I dragged his wrist towards the side where he can sit and pushed him down for me to put the concealer on his cheek.

By the time I finished, I thanked him and even bowed in front of him. I know we're not close, we never even talked before, probably because I got shy around him before and the only person I talk to on their group was Taeyang.

I thanked him for showing his care and helping me earlier for a lot of times. The creeping sadness and the boredom I felt, he took it all away so I thanked him especially for the pain he took for my position.

I turned my body around when I finished and went inside the studio to feel someone's arm wrap on my shoulders for the nth time already. I need not to ask who this was because I know who owns it, he started it and I know, the rumors would spread.

"You're still not looking at me Hyo," he whispered against my ear.

"Jiyong, you're no single. Wouldn't she be mad at you?" I asked carefully at him, trying to hide myself from the looks of the staff at us and I know, he knew what I am talking about.

"Who? Aren't you my girlfriend?" It's now my turn to sigh heavily at his acting, I turned to look at him but he avoided my eyes, "Mizuhara Kiko," and that's it, I can see the displeased look on his face and a small roll on his eyes.

"We're not in a relationship, she termed me as her fling when I looked at her phone and saw her conversation with someone I don't know then that's it, she called me her fling," I saw how his eyes rolled once again and how it stayed still at what's in front of us. After my question, he didn't even bother to look at me again so I guess, he really likes Kiko?

Before I even opened my mouth, he already began to speak, "You see, I do like her but I've been courting her for years already and when I saw that conversation, I stopped," he didn't bother to look at me but rather he dragged me again back to the set.

I have decided to shut my mouth. We just felt the same, Kim Junhyung. He took my handbag and gave it to their manager. He has been showing me off around this set and was too excited to bring me to his group, Big Bang.

"Kim!" Youngbae shouted at me right when he noticed me. Aish, this guy never learns.

"Youngbae, please call me Hyoyeon. Not Kim, it is my surname," I told him with a small smile. He didn't listen to me and I saw him throwing daggers at the arm wrapped around me.

With a sharp pair of eyes, he eyed Jiyong beside me and opened his mouth, "Jiyong, remove those. Don't do it with Kim," he said with a warning tone remaining his sharp look towards Jiyong.

Jiyong could only smile a little at Youngbae. Youngbae has always been my good friend, we met at one dance academy and we became good friends. He asked me to come with him at YG but I was already at the SM that time and I couldn't leave that company because that is what my mother wants.

I saw Seungri ran behind Jiyong with my peripheral vision and patted Jiyong's back, "Oh hyung?! New one?" and there he turned to laugh and ran.

Jiyong removed his arms on mine and rolled his eyes before running towards Seungri who has been shouting "Sorry hyung!" for three times by now. Youngbae could only roll his eyes and mouthed me a small "Let them be," before pulling me towards his other members.

Youngbae started pointing at me when TOP and Daesung saw me, "This is Kim Hyoyeon," he started then he turned to look at me and just smiled at those two, "And Kim, that tall guy is TOP hyung and the other one is Daesung," I nodded my head at Youngbae and turned towards the two. I bowed as a hoobae and shook my hands with them.

"We know her Taeyang hyung, CL always talks about her."

"It's Girls' Generation, how could we not know her?" TOP stated in disbelief of Youngbae.

My smile turned down a bit. Girls' Generation, it always has been Girls' Generation.

I looked around when they started playing with each other. I know, my mood went down real quick but in order not to show them that, I needed to avoid them looking at me. Still having that bitter look on my face, I saw 2ne1 running towards me.

Bom slightly tapped my shoulder and Chaerin just went on fixing my clothes. Dara is combing my hair and Minzy went to greet Big Bang. Why did I suddenly have a personal stylist right now?

"You just got here?" I nugged at Bom beside me.

Bom looked at me seriously and answered, "We went to look for you at your group and Seohyun told us that you're with your boyfriend-" Bom was cut of by Chaerin who's holding her chest right now acting like she's hurt, "Babe, I thought I'm the only one?" Is that why Bom patted my back?

"Hyo, who is it?" Minzy asked me. Minzy also believed everything?

I closed my eyes for a while having my bitter face turned bright, they always make me happy, huh? I was about to open my mouth but it was cut of again by an arm wrapping on my shoulders. There he is, my so-called boyfriend.

"Chae, are you not happy with me being Hyo's boyfriend?" He had this huge smirk on his face while Chaerin rolled her eyes at Jiyong. Chaerin took my hand and pushed Jiyong from me, "No, I'm the only one for her, go away," and she secured me behind her.

I chuckled a bit from what's happening. I feel pretty, having two people fight over me- no, it's actually the first time even though I know everything was just a joke.

"And Hyo, why Jiyong?" Bom stated out of disbelief too. Why is everyone believing Jiyong right now?

"Well, apparently, nothing's real," Jiyong looked at me helplessly, he started walking away Chaerin and the rest while his hands are trying to make a 'x' but I was clueless, "Jiyong told me that Chaerin asked him to be my company earlier-" and I was cut off by Chaerin's loud voice.

"I didn't ask you for anything like that Jiyong!" Jiyong ran towards TOP and went behind him using him as a huge shield, "It's oppa, Chae! Oppa!" Jiyong added as is defense.

That made me confused right now. If Chaerin didn't ask Jiyong to do any of that then what's with earlier?

"Jagiya! Help me!" He's now behind me trying to use me because he knew Chaerin couldn't hurt me like what she did with TOP. I looked at TOP there are hand prints on his arm, looking at it made me flinch, Chaerin's hands are heavy.

I turned around and chuckled slightly at Jiyong's face but instead of helping him, I hit him lightly on his nape, "Don't jagiya-jagiya me, what's with earlier?" I asked him while looking at him with my eyes slightly closed.

He sighed two times and gulped down his saliva, "No, I saw you alone earlier and Chae told me you're fun to be with so why not give it a try?" Jiyong could only look at the floor.

But then, the PD called us, "Let's start! Choose your seat, okay?" PD ushed the staffs to hurry their preparations. Choose the seats? I can sit away from my group?

Minzy dragged me and whispered, "Yes, sit beside us," and made me sit beside them. It feels like I'm a part of their group. Sitting beside the 2ne1's leader, I don't know what should I feel. Should I feel great? Or should I feel worst looking at my members sit beside each other in a line.

I saw Sunny walking towards the reserved seat made for her. I stood up and run to her.

"Sunkyu, I don't want to involve you," was my first remark when I got to hold her hand.

Instead of being mad at me, she smiled at me, the sincere one, the bright one, "It's fine, I was one of those who made you feel that way," she replied still having the same smile as earlier.

It hurts my feelings seeing her smile at me like this, it hurts me seeing her looking like this. She doesn't look too well either. I didn't know what to do.

"But you've changed Sunkyu, I don't want to do this to you," I know that she knows that I wouldn't want to risk any of our friendship for this selfish reason.

Hearing me saying that, her smile only grew, I already came to see her eye smile with this, "Your choice Hyo, I won't get mad, don't worry." With what she said, I grabbed her and held her small figure inside me, "Fighting!" she whispered.

"Yah- tell them everything you watned to say, everything you've been keeping inside for the past three years especially that seven months. Lessen the weight you're carrying on your shoulders, okay?"

She hit my tummy lightly. 7 months? What did she mean by that?

"I won't," I told her honestly.

"I knew it. I'll get going, I'll be near you," she showed me her last smile and walked towards the seven.

How could I ever do that to her? With what I would be telling the whole nation would kill me inside, would destroy us. Maybe should I stop right here? Girls' Generation is Girls' Generation for everyone. We're one. We're supposedly one, but not today.

I've already decided, once that contract expires, I'll go straightly to YG. This family made me happy, Kibum and Jinki would be fine without me, the Girls' Generation would be fine without me, the SONEs- would they be fine without me?

Sunkyu told me to do whatever that is that makes me happy. Leaving the SM would make me happy and I know, leaving the Girls' Generation would make them happy. I'll die someday anyway.

How 'bout this idea? Bringing Sunkyu to YG? Nah, not a good idea.