#5: baekyeol

Drabble Dump #2

pairing: baekyeol  (FIGHT ME)

assasin!AU, police!AU

 

Chanyeol held his breath, feeling perspiration bead on his forehead and along his hairline. His exhale sounded extremely loud in the small room.

Again, he thought about how the hell he had gotten himself in this situation.

Sure, Chanyeol was an FBI agent, but he worked a safe desk job as a data analyst. Nine hours a day. Six days a week. The exciting car chases and shootings were left to field agents. He led an ordinary life, albeit a slightly boring one.  

He was twenty four years old this year and now in the process of saving up to buy an apartment of his own with hopes of finding someone to share it with (he had decided to finally spark some action in his lovelife after the constant teasing of Jongin and Chen). Chanyeol thought that finding someone would be fairly easy, he knew full well how attractive from the many stares he received wherever he went. Sure, he knew that he seemed a little vain (come on, who wasn’t?), but all in all, Chanyeol considered himself a good guy. He never forgot anyone’s birthday and made sure to always bring coffee in the morning to the office.

He was friendly to everyone no matter if they were a higher up sunbae or a younger hoobae so how in the world had he ended up tied to a chair in some room in the middle of nowhere with a gun pointed to his head?

Suddenly, the reality of it sank in.

He had a gun pointed to his head.

Chanyeol squeezed his eyes shut, hoping that not seeing could make his reality less futile.

He had started the day in a great mood, his roommate had made him breakfast (a very rare once-every-blood-moon event). It was only when he had arrived at the headquarters where he was told that the field team had needed backup when Chanyeol had started to feel the remote dregs of nervosity. The desk people had only rudimentary knowledge in hand-to-hand combat and gun-firing. It was only because of the recent murders that the force had been stretched was too thin. Somehow, like the dolt he was, Chanyeol had wandered a little too far and had been separated from the team. Suddenly, he had felt a blow to the back of his head and his last thought before he had fallen unconscious had been whether or not his teammates would find him soon or not. 

Any minute now, a bullet could enter his brain and his life would be reduced to nothing but a few splatters of gore and blood on the floor. He started to feel his hands shake and oh god he wouldn’t even have the chance to say goodbye to his mom.

So embroiled in his own depressive thoughts, Chanyeol didn’t take much notice of the actual person holding the gun until he felt a breath against the side his head and a pair of lips murmuring into his ear.

“Are you scared?” said the man. Chanyeol was surprised to find that his captor’s voice was surprisingly pleasant and melodic to the ear.

Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes on by one, blinking open his eyes to see a pair of leather combat boots. He slowly raised his head, eyes raking over the body of his captor, still mindful of the barrel of the gun that was pointing to the back of his head.

If I die I might as well find out who this bastard is so I can haunt him after my death.

He sees a pair of slim legs clad in leather pants, decorated with studs and buckles and almost rolls his eyes. Chanyeol is almost apprehensive as his eyes meet those of his captor’s, but he does a double take when he sees the thick eyeliner and droopy eyes because...well...they’re kind of pretty?

Chanyeol gulps when he sees him smirk and the gun dig a little harder into his scalp.

 

 

note: I have no knowledge on the FBI (too lazy to do research...mianhaeee) so disregard anything and everything I saw a propos to their actual jobs