drabble #4
 
 

Pairing: baekyeol/chanbaek

PalaceAU, royaltyAU

Immediately after hearing the message that the servant had whispered into his ear, Chanyeol leapt off his throne and sprinted out of the throne room giving no thought to the meeting that he had just walked out of.

They had found Baekhyun. 
After weeks of searching through the various prisons scattered throughout the city, they’d found Baekhyun. 
Chanyeol had spent night after sleepless night tearing at his hair over how idiotic he’d been. There had been days where he had wanted to walk right out of the palace, away from his duties to search for Baekhyun himself, so anxious he was restore his beloved back to his side. He’d spent days crying after realizing what a grave mistake he had made and how foolish he had been for suspecting Baekhyun, his precious Baekhyun, of the murder of one his brothers. Chanyeol’s other concubines had tried to console him one by one but none of them had even remote success in soothing the king.

Chanyeol mounted his horse, anxious and impatient beyond words. As he rode down the roads of the city with his guards furiously trying to catch up with his speed and the people parting for him with yells of “The king! The king!” , he felt a ball of dread curl in his stomach. Prisons did not treat their inmates well. He’d seen plenty of emaciated prisoners to know this fact. Just a few days within a jail could turn the healthiest of men into gaunt ghosts with its meager meals that were often to spoiled to eat and unsanitary conditions. Chanyeol feared to see what had become of his lovely Baekhyun with his pink cheeks and full thighs.

Once he arrived at the prison he wasted no time dashing in, not sparing the crowds of people that had gathered at the front gate eyeing the royal guards a glance. Chanyeol first recoiled at the smell as he entered; an odor so strong that he felt a momentary dizziness. But he pushed on, overwrought with anxiety to finally see Baekhyun. Chanyeol skidded to a stop in front of his cell. He could already hear the bustle of servants that were no doubt already tending to Baekhyun. He stepped in and immediately gasped and brought a hand to his mouth, feeling tears well up in his eyes.