#2: baekyeol

Drabble Dump #2

pairing: baekyeol/chanbaek because OTPPP

artistAU, dancer/balletAU

     Chanyeol sat at the back of the classroom, sketchbook in hand and the classical piano music drifting in and out of his ears.The ballet instructor nodded at Chanyeol before summoning his class.

    “Assemble please! Class is about to start! Please welcome Chanyeol, he will be drawing some of you today so please carry on the lesson like always!” 

     Chanyeol stood up and bowed once to the class before sitting down again. He considered himself very lucky, being one of the only ones assigned to visit the ballet academy to sketch the dancers. It was an opportune opportunity to select a model for their newest project. The art program he had enrolled in was demanding and Chanyeol wanted to make sure that he was always on top of his game. Their latest project was to capture a dancer in motion. Their class had collectively groaned as the teacher announced the topic, knowing how hard drawing a human figure would be, a figure in motion even more so. Chanyeol had decided that a classic Degas would never go wrong.

    Once the dancers started dancing, Chanyeol tuned out the rest of the world and put his pencil to paper. He was immediately captured in the fluidity and beauty in their movements. He frantically slashed their lithe figures onto paper. It helped that he was attending a male class. The Tutus and pointe shoes of ballerinas had never captivated him in the way that the long muscled legs of the ballerinos had. 

     His eyes fell upon on one the dancers in the second row. Chanyeol hurried to capture the delicate arabesque he was positioned in. The grace of his movements enthralled Chanyeol. Before he knew it, pages and pages of his sketchbook were filled with that one dancer. Now that he had had the time to examine the dancer closely, Chanyeol perceived that there was nothing truly remarkable about the dancer. He was not as tall or as handsome or as chiseled as some of the other members of his class. In fact, his legs were rather short and stubby. Yet Chanyeol still found the sweep of his neck and the line of his torso oddly captivating. For the rest of the class, Chanyeol could not take his eyes of the dancer. 

   Chanyeol stood by the entrance of the dance academy with his hands stuffed in his pockets, scuffing his sneakers on the pavement with his duffel bag slung over one shoulder. He fiddled with the snapback that was stuffed over his unruly curls as he waited. Some of the dancers in the class he had visited waved to him with a friendly smile as they exited and Chanyeol waved back. His mind wandered back to the one dancer that he had paid particular attention to. He had sketched the figure so many times that the outline of his backside was practically imprinted in Chanyeol’s mind. Chanyeol snapped out of his reverie when said dancer suddenly swept out of the door dressed in a casual hoodie and tight black jeans, his bangs through the reflection of his phone’s screen.

  Chanyeol gave an awkward cough before raising his voice. “Uhh excuse me, I’m Park Chanyeol. Ya know, the guy who was in your class earlier?”

   ”Oh, I remember you. The guy who was drawing us?” the dancer said.

He had a soft, melodic voice. When he turned around, Chanyeol found that the dancer`s face was even more captivating than the lines of his waist. The downward turn of his eyes and the slope of his cheek was so beautiful that Chanyeol thought it was stay in his mind for a long, long time.

   ”Hey,doyouwanttobemymodelforanartprojectI’mdoingforschool becauseyouareincrediblybeautifulandI’msureyouwilllookjustatbeautifuloncanvasandthisprojectisgoingtocountforalotofthissemestersmarkandyourdancingisjustsobeautifulsopleasepleaseplease be my model?” Chanyeol blurted out, feeling a blush rise to his face.

   The dancer looked momentarily stunned. Chanyeol steeled himself for the rejection that he was positive would come. The shorter burst into a wide grin.

   Chanyeol thought he saw stars.

  “Wellllll, only if you treat me to coffee.” he said teasingly.

Chanyeol laughed, pleasantly surprised. “Of course! Of course!”

   The dancer grinned again. “I’m Baekhyun by the way.”