in between

Roar...it better

He was stuck! Pinned to a cold surface as the medical personnel worked on easing whatever pain Sheenae was experiencing.The whole act was excruciating to witness,much less undergoing and Hoya wished to be somewhere far away,not really grasping how in the world he was the one that ended up inside with her.Wasn't it Sunggyu's place?!If he spoke the truth in the car,than he should take responsability,eventhough they'd been apart all this time.But,just as soon as they'd arrived, his "leader" all but pushed him together with Sheenae to help get her treated and he had yet to see his face.

At some point,Dongwoo poked his head inside the ward they'd assigned to keep her under observation.

"Hey, how is she?"

"Finally breathing steadily."Hoya exhaled."I thought she'd start convulsing.Not sure what happened in there,but I never want a repeat of that;it was scary!"

"Yeah,I can only imagine."Dongwoo took a seat next to the bed."We could hear her screaming from outside."he admited.

"Then why the hell didn't he stay with her?!"Hoya deadpanned.

"He said it was for the better;she needed someone she'd trust beside her and, as far as I could see it,they'd parted on not quite friendly terms.Gyu feared he'd only make things worse in there."Dongwoo patted his shoulder.

"Stop finding him excuses!He's just a coward."Hoya fumed.

"I'm not one to jump to conclusions,Howonie.You know me better than that.If he made that decision we have to give him the benefit of the doubt,until further...."

He didn't get to finish his sentence,the loud thud of the door being pushed aside interrupting him,a rather disheveled guy storming his way towards her.

"Sheenae...oh, man...I'm...Sheenae,sweetheart,are you..."

Granted he didn't make any sense,but both Hoya and Dongwoo could see the distress displayed on his worried face.He obviously knew her and they tried to give them privacy,but the sick girl wouldn't let go of Hoya's hand which she'd been tightly grasping ever since they arrived at the hospital.

"I'm sorry...I'll try and free you."the stranger wiped his bleeding lip,a faint smile adressed to Hoya."She's quite the koala after the treatment."he said while prying her frail fingers and intertwining his own with hers.

"You sure know a lot."Hoya aknowledged with a slight bow of his head."We, uhm..."

"I don't know how to thank you enough for being there for her.I'm sure she'll tell you this herself if possible."he said caressing her fringes."Guess you're her pupil?"he eyed Hoya.

"What?"

"No way!"Dongwoo clasped his palms."Marcus Cheong!?I thought you looked familiar!"he sing-songed happily.

"I'm afraid I don't..."

"Hey, sorry for coming so strong like that,but I'd only found out about your relation with her just recently.I'm actually a fan of your work.I...I think I should probably stop ranting now;this isn't the best time."he tried to keep it down.

"Thanks, I guess,but you don't need to feel embarrased.If any, I'm the one in debt."

"It was really lucky that Gyu was there when it happened.She could've still been in the EU,if he didn't call you and got a briefieng on her disease."Dongwoo admitted.

"Maybe we should give them some privacy."Hoya spoke,well aware of the dark aura he saw on Marcus' face at the mention of Sunggyu."I guess our sessions would be postponed for the time being,so...give her the best and..."

"Don't get your hopes too high.She'll be back in 2 days to give you hell;that much I can assure you.Just, try and get it right on the first go,so as not to overwork yourselves neddlesly.can you promise me?"Marcus stopped them.

"Doesn't she..."

"Sheenae can be a mule after a seizure like this,mostly because the treatment is so painful that she needs to get her mind off it;so she'll work herself or whoever she's assisting to total exhaustion.I could never keep her away from it,so I can only warn you and maybe dare to ask for another favour."

"Anything we should be paying close attention to?"the responsable Dongwoo hicked in.

"Are you taking her classes,too?"Marcus frowned.

"I think I should.Her work is amasing."

"When she puts her head together."Marcus smiled.

"You mean when she doesn't ballet my brains out?"Hoya scoffed.

"It's meant to strenghten your injured mucles without putting too much strain on them.I admit her techniques can sometimes be...."

"Whatever, just tell her to step her up!Otherwise she'll lose this awesome...pupil!"Hoya stated before going out.

"Who paired them again?"Marcus laughed,shaking his head.

"I'm taking a wild guess,but it's probably a joined effort on your and Gyu's part."Dongwoo said."If I'm not mistaken,he tried to get you to help, but..."

"I didn't think he'll ever come in contact with her,though.i specifically insisted on him not prying into her affairs."

"Did you really?"Dongwoo squinted his eyes."How well do you know him?"

"The Sunggyu I knew is no longer the one I played;he's changed."Marcus touched his bruised lip.

", he did that to you?"Dongwoo screeched.

"That's actually the one part familiar about him!He'd always fist his way around when dealing with thick heads.He may have been partly right to act like this,but it still stings like a ."

"I bet."

"Sheenae...she'll be alright as long as he doesn't give her a hard time.Can you help me,keeping them apart?At least for now?"

"I can't make any promisses.Heck, I can't even understand where they stand right now.But she's what we need to help Hoya get back on stage.I'm sure Gyu won't do anything to jeopardise it."

"Thank you again.And forgive my daring."

"Hey, man.I'm one for making amends.but I'll keep watch over the kids."Dongwoo wincked."Hope she'll better soon."

"Sure."

Just as he was making his exit,Hoya came back,asking him to give him a few minutes.

"I..I found this latched onto my clothes;it must've slipped on the way here.She'll probably look  for it when she wakes up."Hoya said, handing Marcus a thin golden bracelet with a music note charm attached to it.

The other one took it and looked over to Sheenae's body resting beside him.

"Did Sunggyu see this?"

"I don't get what's he got to do with this?"Hoya frowned."Can you just make sure she gets it?She seemed fond of it whenever she struggled with her speech."

"Don't question her too much;she's really good at what she does."Marcus eyed him intensely.

"I'm just begining to see it.I'm not the patient type, unfortunately.But, as someone stated recently, she's not here to choreo."

"It's easy to misjudge,sometimes."

"Or mislead."Hoya smirked."I'm not really thrilled I lost my teasing over Sunggyu,but I can always find other ways."

"You seem detached, yet you find time to pay attention to small details.Can you keep her away from Sunggyu?"Marcus pushed the bracelet inside his pocket.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much.He's pissed enough as it is and I'm pretty sure he blames her.It's not my place to question any of you,I just want to get this over with as soon as possible."