crash and burn

Roar...it better

Loud music blasted all around the compound,a clear sign that muscles were burning with hardcore training;nothing out of the ordinary,really.

Then,  a shrieking glass shattering sound emerged from one of the dancing rooms.Soon after, music stopped mid- track,leaving only muffled screams to escape.

The sound proof booth was the only one safe from a certain character's wrath,which practically became everyone's safe haven.

Sunggyu pushed his headphones away from his ears the minute his personal space had been invaded by none other than a scared dino,panting rather fast,while grabbing onto his chest.He didn't have to ask him anything,rather let him take cover and wait for the latter to calm himself before listening to his whinings.He hadn't even gotten a single beat recorded,until Dongwoo pulled a chair beside him,leaning his head too close to his worksheets for his liking.

"Yah,get your act together!Stop playing scaredy-cat and get your filthy bangs away from my masterpiece!"he said, pushing the sweaty  Dongwoo with his pencil.

"Hyung,don't you understand!? He's gonna..."

"Leave him be,Woo-ah.Sooner or later he has to come to terms with his injury.We all tried to be there for him,but at the end of the day he's in this all on his own.Neither of us would like to be in his shoes right now and we sure as hell can't be empathic,no matter how much we'd try.No sense in stating otherwise."

Truth be told he did try to put himself in Hoya's shoes(be it only in his head) and hated the feeling.Ever since his accident,Hoya pushed his limits to the point where even one slip of his footing was considered a failure;the nasty thing was that he barely could even walk,let alone dance.

He didn't take too lightly the doctor's warnings that he was ahead of a slow recovery and turned himself into a modern life martyr,much to everyone's dismay.Sunggyu had had just about enough of his bravado before he confronted the sick bastard and tried to put some sense into his thick skull,but the damned "Dancing Machine"had to pull his wild card reminding him how much struggle he'd faced when his own girlfriend had given up on his singing when not at his best.He had to resort to that! One single drunken slip of the tongue and he used it to threaten him all the time.Needless to say,their "conversation"ended into fists thrown in their respected faces and a non-verbal agreement to stay out of each other's way for the time being.

"That's not the point.He just smashed the mirrors in there!Can't you see he's only making it worse?"Dongwoo reproched.

"I can't do anything about it."Sunggyu tried to avoid the facts.

"You mean you won't.What happened with you two,you used to be best friends?!How can you stand aside when he's dealing with this?"

"I betrayed that friendship when I took a liking to Woohyun.You know very well he never forgave me for that."he huffed,turning his gaze to some scribbled sheets.

"You both are so childish,I feel like smacking your butts!Stop acting like idiots already!I know how much time you spent investing in his solo promotions;he's not a very easy person to deal with,but somehow you managed to show a tolerable side of him."

He wanted to deny it,but Dongwoo had hit it spot on.And he never  really stopped being his bestfriend.

With a loud groan,he stood up,pushing back his comfortable chair.It had been the perfect day,up until then!

"What are you doing?"Dongwoo clutched on his T-shirt.

"I'm gonna have one final talk with him."

"Are you insane?I didn't mean it like right now! He's set on hell!Do you have a death wish or something?"the dino looked apalled.

"Woo-ah,please make up your mind already.Do you or do you not want me to intervene?"

"Uhm...I think it's best to let him cool down first."

"I could use a little rumble myself,actually."Sunggyu winked at him.

Contrary to what he portrayed outside ,he did love a good punching game now and then and he was far from the hamster version they bestowed upon him.Woohyun had experienced it first hand!

Two hours later,a disheveled looking Sunggyu emerged from the dancing room tagging along the limping Dancing Machine,obviously as run down as the other one,but with a small smile plastered on his chapped lips.

"Glad we're not promoting anytime soon;they'd have a hard time hiding those bruised faces."Dongwoo looked up both of them.

"He's gonna have plenty of time healing over his newly scheduled training."Sunggyu hooked his arm around Hoya's neck.

"What's he talking about?"

"Pff,he's officially lost it!Somehow he got it through his nuts head that I'd find entertaining being trained by a deaf choreoghrapher.How stupid is that?!"Hoya stood his ground.

"She only got good reviews from all the people that worked with her.Face it,you need a different approach."Sunggyu stated.

"Yeah, why don't you work with her?"

"I might if I was in your position.Don't make me comfront the CEO again;I barely managed to get him to agree to this.Trust me,you wouldn't like his proposal.

That had to have convinced Hoya!

"I'm not obligated to like her!"Hoya fumed,pushing past both.

"As long as she helps,I don't really care.Rather that than dis..." he cut himself going overboard.

"Something tells me I wouldn't like CEO's proposal either."Dongwoo searched his eyes.

"Trust him to get through this.I do."Sunggyu looked at Hoya's disappering figure."Besides,she came with great recommendations;a very close friend of mine put his head on the line for her.She has to be good,right?"

"I thought you only go for the best."Dongwoo narrowed his eyes.

"I'll aknowledge that when I see Hoya back on stage."

"You're going soft now?"

"That's not what his smug face felt in there."Sunggyu self complimented.

"Now who's the smug one?"Dongwoo half smiled, shaking his head.