Search

The Moon Bearer

AN: Wow! Thanks for your awesome response! U guys are jjang! I'll do my best :D


Ever since that incident, the couple spend their days and nights looking for a cure yet all the response they were getting was all the same.

"S-she's the curse one!" The older man yelled.

"With all due respect my King but I cant do anything with it. Please my king, please leave my place as much as possible" He continued. This ticks the king so he retaliated.

"What are you trying to do?! Forcing me out here! How dare you to do that to your ruler!?" The older man was afraid but he managed to reason out.

"My king, please forgive me. She will kill me and my family please my king. Leave my place" The older man pleaded.

"She? What do you mean she?" The older man was about to answer but suddenly a thick dark cloud made their vision vague.

"Your time is up" The king recognize the voice

"VERA! DONT YOU DARE TO-" The king was cut off when he saw the older man lying on the floor lifelessly. 

"No! NO!" Due to his emotions, the whole place was a mess. He destroyed everything in just one shout. Being the most powerful one has its own consequences and being out of control was one of it.

"Please Charles, stop. Its okay" Her wife pleaded.

"I'm sorry Mary. This is all my fault." Charles fell on his knees but fortunately catched by her wife.

"He's the last one. I dont know what to do know." He continued.

"My lord, there's still another one in town" One of the king knights said

"I know the way my lord" He continued.

Charles did not responded and he followed his soldiers. The walk was long but he remained silent. All his complains were left unsaid. All he ever wanted was a cure for his precious daughter. All the agony,guilt,anger were trapped inside him. So Vera better not to interfere this one or else. No one knows what he can do.

After a long walk, they already arrived at the house of the quack doctor. A new hope begins to spark through their bodies and their wish was one, the end of this.

"Is anybody in here? Open the door. This is the king's knight." The knight said calmly. The king was known for being calm and humane so his soldiers were also calm and humane. A kind leader as his people described him.

"Your looking for the cure right King Charles?" The quack doctor said. This surprised them. All of them. But maybe the news were already scattered all through out the country the king thought.

"Indeed. Do you know about the cure?"

"Just like Vera said, there's no cure for it."

"What?! What do you mean there's no cure for it?" The king yelled. 

"I-im sorry. Im just tired. I dont mean to yell at you."

"Its okay my king, I know its frustrating."

"There's no cure for it. No herbal medicine can cure the princess. This sounds lame and cliche but only a kiss and a touch can break the spell."

"A touch?" he mumbled but enough to be heard by the old man.

"Vera didnt tell you, isnt she?"

"No, she didnt tell me. All she said was a kiss can void the spell however, death will be the result of it."

"It's indeed true. But of course she will not tell this part" Charles paid his attention to the old man.

"A kiss will break the spell but also a touch from a person will also void half of the spell. If that person touches the mark on her forehead, the half of the moon will be back at the night sky." At this point, the king was shocked.

"But unfortunately, that person will die. I'm not quite sure about this spell. This spell was included in the black book so any wizard or sorcerer was forbidden to touch this book. I never saw the forbidden book before but I had some knowledge about its content. Im deeply sorry my lord if you need to get through this. Everyone here knows the answer but Vera will kill them. She really likes to play games around you my lord."

"But why do you chose to tell me this?"

"I dont have any family and I want to help you my king. I know this daughter of yours will be the only one can defeat Vera. She's the chosen one my king. I know it. She's different."

"How can you say that?"

"I can feel it my lord. Trust me. She will be the answer for this catastrophe." A sudden strong wind came towards them.

"Its time my king. Protect her and love her. That's the least you can do."

"No wait!" But it was late. The old man layed lifelessly but it was different, a smile was evident to his face. Contentment was written all over his face.

"Thank you." He muttered.

The king and the queen made their way back to the castle with a smile plastered on their faces. Yes, they know there's no way someone will risk their life for a person but at least there's some answers. There's one thing they want, The end of this.


Thanks guys! I was thinking of removing the subribers only tag but I dont know. Maybe in the future this story will have some rated chapters :D See soon again :D And also your comments always matters.