Chapter 5

Our Song

“Did you have to choose ice cream? Why not donuts?! You love those don’t you?” Chanyeol asked in desperation. He temporarily let his mask down a bit.

 

Areum gave him a weird look. “What is with you? I heard this is the best parlor so I thought we can give it a try.” She then crossed her arms while her hips were cocked.

 

Chanyeol sighed while ruffling his front fringe. He then let out a breath, covered his face, and put on a smile. “You know what? Fine. But I just remembered that I left Kyungsoo without telling him about this new uh tune we’re working out. And it’s really been bugging me so I can spare 5 minutes here.”

 

Areum sighed and grabbed his arm with a pout. “Oh come on! I’ve been wanting to have a hangout, the two of us! That lasted more than 20 minutes for the longest time,” she then began to swing his arm, “Give me at least 10 minutes? I get it you have stuff to do, but please?”

 

Chanyeol removed his arm from her grasp and sighed. He glanced at his watch and rubbed his forehead. He then started to nod. “Fine, fine. 10 minutes. But then we have to leave, deal?”

 

Areum beamed up at him and nodded happily. She then walked up to the front counter and began to order for the both of them. Chanyeol just put his mask back on and walked to an empty table hidden in the corner.

 

When he sat, he took a quick look around. He noticed that they sort of cleaned the place up and chose a more 50s American look. It looked pretty nice and was welcoming to people. Chanyeol remembered when it was simply just tables and chairs with a few plants in the corners.

 

“Well you look like you’re deep in thought.” Areum walked up to the table with an ice cream cone in one hand and a cup in the other.

 

Chanyeol took off his mask and gave a laugh. He then grabbed the cone from her hand and said a quick thanks.

 

Areum sat down and took a scoop of ice cream. She then asked while holding the spoon near , “So, whatcha thinking about?”

 

Chanyeol ate some of his ice cream before he shook his head with a polite smile. “It’s nothing.”

 

Areum groaned while throwing her hands up. “You know, I don’t know much of you so I would appreciate you saying something.”

 

Chanyeol was taken aback by the sudden outburst. He cleared his throat and sat up straight while tugging his coat closer. “Well, I just uh, you know, have a not so nice memory connected with, well, this specific parlor.”

 

Areum scrunched her brows and shrugged her shoulders. “Well maybe we can make some nice memories that can sort of block those bad ones.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “That’s the thing. They were wonderful memories. I was the happiest person. In fact they were some of my best memories. But unfortunately, it just reminds me of how much I miss those times.”

 

Areum then nodded and took his hand into hers. “Well just know, that I am here to create some new happy and great memories with you.” She started to lean in but Chanyeol just looked away and ate some more oh his ice cream.

 

She cleared and smiled. “So how’s the new tune going on? I heard you were gonna come back soon.”

 

Chanyeol gave an unsure face and said, “It can be better. But I’m sure when me and Kyungsoo go in tomorrow to come up with something.” He then glanced at his watch. “Oh! I have to get back now, sorry.”

 

Areum groaned. “Fine, fine. Let me throw away my trash.” She got up and walked away to the trash bin.

 

Chanyeol took the last bite of the cone and ice cream. He then put his mask back on and walked towards the exit. He saw Areum was already there with her hand sticking out for him to take. He just patted it but let it go and walked out toward the car.

 

When Areum got to the car, someone suddenly called out her name. She lifted her head up and looked around. She then realized her mistake and quickly got into the car with Chanyeol copying the action. They both entered with pounding hearts. Areum locked the car and quickly turned it on. Both with the feeling of getting out of there.




 

When they finally pulled up in front of Chanyeol’s dorm, they both let out a big breath. It was until Areum finally decided to break the silence. “Do you think that was-”

 

“No. It can’t be since people think that we are both just practicing for our comebacks or concerts. Listen, let’s just not think too much about this.” Chanyeol said, with a hint of panic in his tone.

 

Areum nodded with a nervous look on her face. “You’re right. So um, text you later?” she turned to face him. But Chanyeol was too busy flipping his phone around.

 

“Um I don’t know. Sorry if I don’t, I might be too busy. Anyways, good luck with your concert. Bye,” Chanyeol then left with no other word.



 

When he entered his apartment he just let out a breath. He got comfortable and went to the kitchen to get water.

 

“Didn’t think you would go see Areum after just seeing, hmm I don’t know, the love of your life?”

 

Chanyeol jumped up and let out a yell. “God! Not cool Soo!”

 

The lights . Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and walked closer to Chanyeol. He then smacked him in the arm. “Are you serious?! You literally just saw the boy you loved so much for who knows how long, and then go see the girl that you barely find any interest in! What is wrong with you?!”

 

Chanyeol rubbed his arm and continued onto his way to the fridge with an angry Kyungsoo following him. Chanyeol opened the fridge. “Look it’s not what you think Soo. She wouldn’t take no for answer, alright?” He then got a water, closed the fridge, and took a sip.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed with his arms crossed. “Well did you even think of calling him and maybe saying ‘Hey Baek, I’m sorry I’ve been the biggest idiot in the whole entire universe, but I think you might be the one and only love of my life, so if you could please please take back my moronic, stupid, giant ?”

 

Chanyeol glared at him. “Well I didn’t think Kai liked a kidder.”

 

Kyungsoo got a pillow from the couch and threw at Chanyeol. He then pointed an offensive finger towards Chanyeol's direction. Chanyeol then made his way towards Kyungsoo. “Aren’t you supposed to be on my side?! Like support me and say that everything is alright?! Cause I’m not feeling any love.”

 

Kyungsoo then uncrossed his arms, and put them on his sides while his hands were fisted. “Well maybe you can call Baekhyun for that!”

 

Chanyeol groaned and threw his hands up in the air. “You know what?! I can’t deal with this! Yes! Yes I loved Baekhyun and maybe I still do! Whenever I see him I just feel like grabbing him and just kissing the daylights out of him or maybe even sweeping him off his feet and carry him all the way to the bedroom to show him the ride of his life! But it’s a little hard to do when I haven’t been the man to make him smile for years! And seeing him with the man that makes you, the devil, light up just didn’t exactly help with boosting my confidence to call!”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He looked at Chanyeol with concern while Chanyeol was trying to catch his breath with rounded pathetic eyes. Kyungsoo walked up to Chanyeol and wrapped his arms around him. “Hey. If it makes you feel any better, Baek may still love you too.”

 

Chanyeol’s face slightly lit up. “Really?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. Chanyeol smiled then asked, “Hey. Wanna go play some games in my room?”

 

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded. “Yeah, let me just get my phone from my room.” Chanyeol nodded and left to his room.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the giant’s back and sighed. “You both are huge idiots.” Then he left to go retrieve his phone from his room.






 

~~~






 

“It’s nice to know that you can take care of yourself.”

 

Baekhyun the lights of his apartment and let Kai in. “What do you mean?”

 

Kai took his shoes off and went straight to the couch. He rested his arms under his head and laid down. “Well I don’t know, maybe it’s how nice and tidy your place is. And I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a stocked fridge and cabinets.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Didn’t know it wasn’t the norm,” Baekhyun moved Kai’s legs, sat down, and then replaced his legs on his lap, “to have a clean home. Now if you aren’t planning on staying for some food then the door is right there.”

 

Kai laughed and sat up, “Getting rid of me. Yep, seems like you are totally fine.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled and then slapped Kai’s legs. Kai snorted. He then asked, “No but really. You okay? Cause it seems like you got your own little drama going on here.”

 

Baekhyun sighed and laid himself in a position where his legs were near Kai’s face while Kai’s legs were near his face. “I don’t know. But do you think my drama would have nice ratings?”

 

Kai exhaled from his nose and smiled. “Number one.”

 

Baekhyun gave him a smile and a pat. “Well I’m rooting for the two leads to get together. What about you?”

 

Kai thought about it. “Well if I’m one of the supporting characters, I’m gonna need my own love story too.”

 

Baekhyun put on a smirk. “Well now that I think about it, why was Kyungsoo visiting you?”

 

Kai sat up. He then had a blank face and replied, “I actually don’t know.” However Kai then smiled, “But if that whole awkward scene didn’t go on, I would be making him blush and laugh. I apparently can make him all mushy and gooey. A skill I picked up.”

 

Baekhyun gaped at him. “Oh my god. You and Kyungsoo?!”

 

Kai laid back down with his arms behind his head. He had a smug smile. “More like me milking this whole thing before he asks me out or I just can’t wait anymore. He’s really cute all flustered and I feel like the moment I say anything, he’s gonna go running. And then me and him are gonna end up being the leads in this drama.”

 

Baekhyun threw a pillow at him and laughed. “You know people would find this cruel. Plus, how do you know Kyungsoo so well?”

 

Kai shrugged and swung his body around the couch so his feet touched the ground. “I told you, it’s a skill I picked up. Anyways I’m thinking of staying the night since I am a great friend that just decided to help thy grieving heart.” Kai stood up and walked to the fridge to get a soda.

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “More like a friend that pretends they are a great friend but in reality is just someone in looks for food and a place to sleep.”

 

Kai shrugged and took a drink from the can in his hand. He put his free hand in his pocket He then walked to Baekhyun’s bedroom. “Yeah well you don’t have the heart to turn me down so I’ll just get comfortable.” He entered Baekhyun’s bedroom after he was done with that.

 

Baekhyun sat up and yelled, “Better not ruin anything!”

 

“No promises!” Kai yelled back.

 

Baekhyun laid back down and let out a breath. He looked up at the ceiling and put one arm in the back of his head. He began to hum a song and eventually the humming turned into quiet singing.

 

Kai popped his head out of Baekhyun’s room. He thought of how lucky he was that the couch faced away from his room. He put on a sad smile. He leaned against the doorway to continue to hear Baekhyun singing.

 

Kai crossed his arms and then said under his breath, “Such idiots.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

 

I am horrible I know, but I did not forget about this.

 

I apologize for any mistakes and hope you guys like it !!