Chapter 4

Our Song

No. No. No. No. No. This can’t be happening. Inside, Baekhyun was having a panic attack. Even if they were happening to practice today, he could’ve easily avoided them, or more him. But the fact that they were the ones who entered that specific studio. 

“Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo broke the silence. Kai looked at Baekhyun then at Kyungsoo.

He then pointed to Baekhyun and asked, “You know Baek?”

Chanyeol, who kept quiet throughout this whole time, then whispered, “Baek?”

Baekhyun shut his eyes and stood up. He then ran out of the room quickly, and brushed shoulders with Chanyeol before exiting the room. When he was out of the room, Kyungsoo broke the silence once again.

“You know him?”

Kai nodded with his hands in his pockets. “Yeah. We’ve been friends for at least 2 to 3 years.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. Kai then looked at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. “So I’m guessing you two are the legendary Soo and Yeol?” 

Kyungsoo nodded. “How do you uh, know?”

Kai laughed and took one hand out of his pocket to point out the door. “Well with that long of a friendship, you get to know someone.” He then walked past Kyungsoo, towards Chanyeol. When he was standing right next to him, he patted the tall male's shoulder. After, Kai left the room to find Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo stood still for a few seconds, and then turned around to walk to the stiff tree. “Yeol?”

Chanyeol then broke out of his silence and his eyes widened. Kyungsoo patted his shoulder in sympathy. “Why don’t we go back?” 

Chanyeol nodded and put his head down. Kyungsoo then thinned his lips and nodded. He then started to walk out the door, towards their studio with a quiet giant following.

 

 

Baekhyun ran out of the building, all the way to his car. When he got in started breathing heavily. He closed his eyes, put his hand to his heart, and started to count to 3. 

1
Breathe
2
Breathe
3
Breathe

Once his breathing started to return to a normal rate, he opened his eyes. He looked good. Looked pretty healthy. Maybe Areum is really helping him. With that thought Baekhyun quickly shook his head as if that would rid the thought.   

Baekhyun was then interrupted when the passenger door opened. He was met with Kai’s concerned face. Baekhyun turned back to look out in the front. The two males were then sitting in silence, looking out the front of the car. 

Kai decided to break the silence. “Sorry, I didn’t know that would happen. To be honest, it didn’t even pass my mind.”

Baekhyun nodded. “Do you know them?”

Kai thought about it for a while. He slightly nodded. “Well Kyungsoo I’ve seen around. I had a few talks with him. However not Chanyeol. I greet him sometimes, but that’s it.”

Baekhyun then started to wring his hands. He laughed and looked down. “Of course this would happen to me.” 

Kai looked at the boy with a sympathetic look. He then rubbed his shoulder with his left hand. “How about I drive you home?” 

Baekhyun looked at Kai and nodded. Then both males got out of the car, went around to the other side, and entered once again. Kai started the engine, and made his way towards Baekhyun’s condo.

 

 


~~~

When the two got back to their studio, Chanyeol lied down on the couch. He couldn’t breathe properly. He couldn’t even think properly. He’s having trouble even processing the fact that the boy who he loved with his whole heart, was sitting in the room of a hot dancer. Loved? Really Chanyeol? Chanyeol groaned and turned to Kyungsoo.

“Soo, my heart hurts.”

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol. “Do you think Kai and Baek have something else going on? Like I don’t know, something romantically?” 

Chanyeol's eyes widened at the thought. Just the image of Baekhyun and that dancer being all romantic and intimate was enough to make him puke. Chanyeol put on a sour face. "Ew, that's gross."

Kyungsoo sat where Chanyeol’s legs were. He patted them. “I say we leave for the day, and just come tomorrow. Hm?”

Chanyeol nodded. They both then packed everything and walked out of the studio. Kyungsoo sent a message to their manager to pick them up. 

On the way to the main entrance, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol put on their caps and masks. Chanyeol even put on his glasses. Kyungsoo then admitted, “To be honest, I already saw Baekhyun this week.”

Chanyeol quickly turned his head to Kyungsoo. “What?! When?!”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Yesterday? When you met with Areum.”

Chanyeol then turned back to the front. He put one hand on his head while the other on his hip. He sighed a deep sigh. “What did you two even talk about?”

Kyungsoo pursed his lips and turned towards Chanyeol. “Honestly? You.”

Chanyeol whipped his head towards Kyungsoo the moment he said that. “And?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “How about you ask him yourself? It’s about time you confronted him. Especially after years of separation.”

Chanyeol groaned. Kyungsoo then got a message from his manager that he was outside. Kyungsoo signalled Chanyeol to follow him outside. “Let’s go. And get your straight cause I am tired. I just need sleep, so do not bother me. Got it? Now come on.” 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo then exited through the main entrance and were met with fans taking pictures. Both males smiled and waved and entered the van. When they got inside they took off their caps. Kyungsoo fell into an immediate sleep, while Chanyeol put his earbuds in, and was met with the sound of music.

During the car ride, Chanyeol looked out the window. He still looks beautiful. Why was he even in the dance studio? He can’t dance. Chanyeol laughed at the thought of Baekhyun dancing. Then the laughing started to stop when he thought of him and Baekhyun dancing together. 

He sighed and put his head back on the seat. He closed his eyes in hope of just getting rid of the thoughts he left a long time ago.

 

 

“Guys we’re here. Get out,” the pair’s manager said. Chanyeol groaned and turned towards Kyungsoo to shake him. Kyungsoo responded with a smack in the face. Chanyeol sighed and smacked Kyungsoo back.

The two exited the van, after saying thanks and entered the building. They went straight to their dorm and straight to their rooms. Chanyeol made a detour to grab a can of soda, then went to his room. He sprawled out on his bed, and looked at the ceiling. He decided to close his eyes and just get rest after that hectic day.

He was in the middle of his attempt to sleep when his phone went off. He groaned and sat up straight. He got his phone from the nightstand and checked to see who it was. It was Areum. 


From: Areum

Hey! I was supposed to go to dinner with my members but they bailed (∩︵∩)
So how about me and you go? ⌒°(❛ᴗ❛)°⌒

Chanyeol rubbed his face in exhaustion. He then typed up a reply.


To: Areum

Where were you thinking?


He received a reply seconds later. 


From: Areum

(≧∇≦*) Waahh, I knew you would say yes. Maybe you can come over and I can whip something up. And after we can go get dessert \(^▽^)/


Chanyeol made a face. Why all the emoticons? Calm down, sheesh. He then typed up a reply.


To: Areum

Sorry, I don’t feel like leaving my dorm.


He laid back down when he got another reply. He groaned for nth time. What now?


From: Areum

Oh that’s okay ! I can go there with food and we can even watch something together (#⌒∇⌒#)ゞ


Chanyeol rolled his eyes. She just doesn’t take a hint.


To: Areum

I already ate.

 

From: Areum

Aah, why didn’t you say so? How about I pick you up and we can go get a snack ? ≧ω≦

She just isn’t gonna give up. Chanyeol sighed. He figured it would be easier if he just gave in.

To: Areum

Fine. 

 

From: Areum

(*≧∀≦*) I’m already here !


With that Chanyeol quickly sat straight up. What?! What if I didn’t agree? You still would have come huh? Chanyeol let out a scoff.

Chanyeol rubbed his face and just walked out of his room. He made sure to send Kyungsoo a message so he knew where he went if he woke up. He then put on his shoes, mask and cap, and walked out of the dorm with his phone in hand. 


When he walked out of the building he saw a white sedan parked across the street. He walked towards it and walked around it to enter through the passenger door. Once he was settled inside, Areum yelled in glee and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

Chanyeol unwrapped her arms around his neck and just rested his head back. Areum was taken back.

“Oh, you must be tired huh? Well we’ll just get something small and then go back to your dorm. Hm?” Areum looked at Chanyeol in excitement. Chanyeol just nodded and closed his eyes to get in a few minutes of sleep. 

Areum smiled and said, “Don’t worry, I’ll wake you up when we’re there. I already know just the place!” She then started the engine and made her way. 

 

 

Chanyeol felt someone nudge and shake him. He groaned and moved to his side. But someone just kept shaking him. He opened his eyes and was about to go off when he saw it was Areum. 

“Finally. Sheesh, you were really out. Anyways, we’re here! Put your cap and mask on, I’m almost sure they would recognize you.” Chanyeol nodded and put them on. Areum even lent him some glasses to wear so he put those on as well. 

They both got out of the car and Areum lead him to the place. The moment he saw where they were he stiffened. 

Areum, who noticed this, asked, “What’s wrong?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the name of the place. “Areum, why this place?”

Areum furrowed her brows and looked at the building then at Chanyeol. “It’s just an ice cream parlor. Why’re you getting so worked up about it?”

Chanyeol then mentally groaned. 

Because this is the parlor where I shared the memories with whom I loved.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n :

:ooo Sorry for the long update, but had to do things. Then more things. And then some more. But you don't care :D lol jk

 

ALSO any bts lovas, any armys, my bts twitter is @xobangtan

(BTW little heads up, I ship yoonmin, they are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e)

Hit meh up !! We can Stan and cry aND get emotional togetha :,D