Chapter 3

Our Song

When he gets back home he goes straight to his room. He couldn’t take the pain. He couldn’t bear the piercing knife stabbing at his heart right now. Oh who am I kidding? Of course he would move on, Baekhyun thought. He sat down on his chair and scooted close to his desk.  He his laptop and went to Google.

 

He searched the name Areum when a bunch of results came up. He narrowed it down to the Areum in the group, Bowties. It would make sense because they both performed at many music shows. That could be where they talked and got to know one another. Chanyeol wouldn’t really have time to talk to groups, besides in music shows. of course he could message and call others, but Areum from Bowties just made more sense.

 

He went to google images when results for Areum came up. He started scrolling through pictures of her and gazed in awe. She really is pretty. Of course Chanyeol would like someone like her. She’s beautiful, Baekhyun sadly thought. He knew that he shouldn’t be doing this, but he just couldn’t help it. He even went to youtube and looked up some shows she starred in to get a look at her personality.

 

It was until he started approving the girl that he shut the laptop and sprawled out on his bed. He just couldn’t take it. It was just painful. Maybe a nap would make things better. With that, the said boy closed his eyes, and attempted to visit dreamland for now.


 

~~~


 

“Chanyeol come on! We need to go!” Kyungsoo yelled, standing at the front door. He has been ready and waited for Chanyeol already for ten minutes. He just wanted to go practice. He finds that practice makes perfect. Also how a certain bronze skinned dancer would be there, but that’s not the point.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol finally made his appearance at the front door. His hair was wet from just taking a shower. “Damn Kyungsoo. If I knew you wanted to see Kai that much, then I would have woken up earlier.” Chanyeol got his keys and made his way out the door. But not before he got a punch from Kyungsoo.

 

“Oh shut up, you twitchy buffoon,” Kyungsoo muttered. “We also have to write something new. Member?”

 

Chanyeol put a piece of gum in his mouth before he nodded. “Of course. maybe while I’m coming up with a tune, you could go and pay someone a visit.” Chanyeol started to wiggle his eyebrows.

 

Kyungsoo scrunched his face. “Ew, don’t do that again.” Chanyeol just laughs before entering the van.

 

When he got in the van, he put in his earbuds. Once his music starts playing, he leans his head down on the back of his seat. He always liked this part of the day, relaxing in the car while listening to his music. He always found it calming. He faintly heard Kyungsoo and their manager talking. He just turned his head towards the window. He watched as the buildings and trees passed.

 

He then saw a specific ice cream parlor pass. He smiled when he saw it. It wasn’t just any parlor, it was a particular brunette’s favorite. How could he forget? He always went with the brunette to buy him ice cream. His smile faded when he realized it was also where they ended it. He looked away with that thought and just focused on the music that was playing in his ears.




 

When they arrived at their company building, they both exited and were met with screams and camera flashes. Chanyeol smiled and waved, but the moment the two went past those two doors, his smile faded. He ruffled his hair and followed Kyungsoo to a available studio.

 

“Hey do you know where room 9493 is?” Kyungsoo asked a passing trainee. The trainee shook his head, and Kyungsoo groaned. Kyungsoo gave him a quick ‘thanks’ with a bow before he continued guiding Chanyeol to the studio.

 

Chanyeol bit back a laugh and continued following Kyungsoo. “So, what exactly is so special about room 9493?” Chanyeol mocked. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and ignored the tall man. Although he didn’t forget to quickly smack Chanyeol in the shoulder before he continued.

 

When they both got there Kyungsoo went straight to the couch. Chanyeol went to get the guitar and joined Kyungsoo on the couch. “If only I had two extra minutes to get Baecho, then I wouldn’t have to use this mediocre instrument.” Chanyeol shakes his head and clicks his tongue.

 

“Yeah well maybe if you weren’t so stupid, I could be happy. I guess we all can dream.” Kyungsoo snarkily remarked. He then started to hum an unknown tune.

 

“Don’t need to get all sassy with me. Can’t you just go and charm Kai? It’ll be better for both of us anyways.” Chanyeol then started to tune his guitar. He saw how Kyungsoo was actually debating the option before the wide eyed boy shook his head.

 

“I’ll find him after we at least start something. Then I can take a break and try out my charm on the handsome man.” Chanyeol laughed at the comment and just shook his head with a smile.

 

“Fine.” The two boys got settled on the couch and started to brainstorm.


 

~~~


 

Baekhyun was walking towards his favorite place in the world when he got a call from a good ole friend. Baekhyun smiled and pressed accept.

 

“What?”

 

Sometimes I wonder if you really do love me.”

 

Baekhyun snorted. “And who would?”

 

The person on the other line feigned pain and said, “I am hurt. I should just run away and hide from the world. I should bawl myself to sleep while crying ‘Why me?!’. I should-”

 

“Look I have things to do so I can just easily end-”

 

“Sure you do. Anyways me and a couple other guys were supposed to train and everyone bailed. Soooooo I was wondering if the second bestest friend in the world could pay the first bestest friend a visit?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You know I have no talent whatsoever. That’s why I never visit.” Baekhyun then finally arrived at his destination and opened the doors to his wonderland.

 

I know but I’m so bored. And your non-existent talent can entertain me.”

 

Baekhyun scoffs and walks towards the counter. “Fine whatever. Just send me the address. Also you want ice cream?”


 

~~~


 

Kyungsoo sighed and said, “I can’t. I’m trying but I just can’t. What about you?”

 

Chanyeol groaned and shook his head. He ruffled his hair in frustration and sprawled himself out on the couch. “I keep getting the same idea. I want to do something new for once.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and then got up. “How about a break?”

 

Chanyeol snorted and said, “Of course. Maybe the sight of a certain face can brighten and inspire the one and only Do Kyun-”

 

“Do you want a break or not? Cause I am honestly getting stuffy here,” Kyungsoo asked with an annoyed face.

 

Chanyeol just nodded and got up as well. “Alright.”Kyungsoo let out a breath and walked outside of the room.

 

He was on his way to find a directory or something like it when he realized that Chanyeol was following. He turned around and stopped walking causing Chanyeol to stop.

 

Kyungsoo put on a suspicious look and asked, “Why are you following me?”

 

Chanyeol had on a blank face before he replied, “Well nothing is more inspiring then you embarrassing yourself.”

 

Kyungsoo glared at him and said, “No you’re not. Now go away.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and shook his head side to side. “Nope. Cause I know where the room you are looking for is.”

 

“I can find it without you.”

 

Chanyeol laughed and wagged his finger in front of Kyungsoo and replied, “Yes. But knowing you, by the time lets say, you actually do find it. It’ll be time to leave. Sooo, me being an amazing friend decided to save us some time, and just guide you.”

 

Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol for a few seconds, before he groaned and put his head back. He then looked at Chanyeol and said, “Fine. Now lead the way.”

 

Chanyeol smirked and went in front of Kyungsoo and started walking.


 

~~~


 

Baekhyun was driving towards the address where he was sent to and parked where he was told to. He realized it was the back of the building since he did see girls waiting in the front. However once he realized the building he was at, his breath hitched.

 

The back door of the building opened and a tall slim male walked out with a smile. The male had a cap and mask so no one can know who he was. But Baekhyun knew who it was. The male approached the Baekhyun, who was standing stiff near his car, and smiled.

 

“There he is. I’m surprised you don’t know where I practice still.”

 

Baekhyun was kept silent while looking at the sign that said the company’s name. The male noticing this then looked at where Baekhyun was looking and mouthed an ‘Oh’. He then turned back to Baekhyun and stood in front blocking Baekhyun’s view.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot. But hey, what’s the chance that he’ll be here practicing or composing. You do know he has a crazy schedule.”

 

Baekhyun then started to think. He’s right. What’s the chance? So Baekhyun out on a smile and looked at the male. “You’re right. What’s the chance? Also the ice cream is in the passenger seat.”

 

The male grinned and went around to the other side and opened the passenger door, grabbed the ice cream, and closed the door. He went back around towards Baekhyun was standing and said, “Come on. I will be your guide.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and followed after.


 

~~~


 

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you. You are and idiot. It’s my fault for even following,” Kyungsoo said with a groan that followed.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were standing in some unknown place. Chanyeol was squinting and kept looking in rooms. That is when Chanyeol finally looked at the room numbers and saw a pattern. “Oh! They go higher the higher we go up. So if this is room 1288, then we need to go even higher!”

 

Kyungsoo mentally facepalmed and just walked to the elevator. Chanyeol followed closely behind. Kyungsoo muttered a quiet “Idiot”  before going into the elevator.


 

~~~


 

The two males were just sitting in the dance studio eating their ice cream. Baekhyun was finished with his and sprawled out on the floor. The other male laughed and put his ice cream down.

 

“With this amount of ice cream, I won’t be surprised if you turn obese one day Baek.”

 

Baekhyun just laughed and said, “My ice cream, my happiness.”

 

The other male rolled his eyes and stood up. “Now come on. I am here to practice. Might as well teach you at the same time.”

 

Baekhyun groaned and flailed his arms and legs. “But I .”

 

“I know. That is why I must teach a feeble minded peasant like yourself, this wonderful art.”

 

Baekhyun blinked at the taller male and said, “I am actually surprised you even know what feeble minded means.”

 

The other male just scoffed and grabbed Baekhyun by the arms and lifted him up on his right shoulder. Baekhyun screamed a high pitched scream and let out a sigh of relief when he felt his feet on the ground. He then punched the male in the shoulder and stretched his arms out.

 

“You actually don’t punch hard. But your scream is perfect for destroying eardrums.”

 

Baekhyun put on a glum smile. “Why thank you.”

 

“Now shall we start?”


 

~~~


 

“Well finally. Next time, I’ll just ask the front desk or something.”

 

Chanyeol put on a hurt expression and replied, “Just go in there and charm his pants off. Or at least try.”

 

Kyungsoo then walked up the door and stood there. He turned around with a panicked expression and looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed and walked towards Kyungsoo. He put his hands on the shorter male’s shoulders and look at him straight in the eye. “Soo, you are a cute piece of squish that the man in this room will die for. Just go in there and use that charm that I know you have. Now get in there.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and turned around to face the door again. He breathed one deep breath before he finally turned the knob of the door.


 

~~~


 

“I give up. I am just gonna sit right here. I’ll watch and admire you instead,” Baekhyun said while he set himself down on the floor. The other male just laughed.

 

“Fine. And by the way, that wasn’t even the whole first verse. And the least you can do is play the song when I tell you too.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. “Deal.”

 

The other male then walked toward the center of the room. “Okay, play it.”

 

But before Baekhyun pressed play the door of the room was opened. His eyes widened when he saw who it was.


 

~~~


 

He turned the knob and walked inside the room. He saw the tall slim sun kissed male turn around and put on a surprised face when he saw who it was. Kyungsoo was internally panicking but was surprised when he saw who else was in the room.


 

~~~


 

Chanyeol was waiting outside the door. He began to get bored and decided to risk it and entered the room as well. He saw Kyungsoo just standing in front of Kai and was about to say something but stopped when he saw who was sitting in the room. The atmosphere in the room turned tense.


Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

a/n

:O wwhhaaa??? So yeah, Baekhyun and Kai/Jongin are friends, good ones at that. 

 

 

Hoped you liked it !!