Chapter 1

Our Song

He sat up with messy hair and yawned. He turned his head to the clock and immediately got up and went straight to the bathroom.

 

! He’s going to kill me.”


 

After taking a quick shower and hastily putting on his clothes, he went to his car and put in the keys.

 

“I can not be late again.”

 

After ten minutes he finally arrived at his destination. He got out and ran to meet with a blond lean man.

 

“You’re late again, Baek. Come on, we have to discuss the details to this.”

 

“I know Sehun, but I didn’t hear the alarm. I had trouble falling asleep last night.”

 

“Were you looking him up again?”

 

Baekhyun just sat down and sipped from the iced coffee that was ordered from him.

 

“Baekhyun! You got to stop doing this to yourself. You have got to move on,” Sehun said with a concerned face. Baekhyun just sighed and put down his drink. He closed his eyes for a second before looking back at Sehun with hurt eyes.

 

“I know, I know. But can we not talk about that right now? I’m trying to just not think about it, I really am.”

 

Sehun unconvinced, just nodded his head and continued, “Well, we need to work on the melody you provided.”

 

“Well, what’s wrong? I want it to be a calm beautiful melody. That’s why I chose the piano. Also since I am a pretty good player if you say so myself” ,Baekhyun said with a proud smile in the end.

 

“Yeah yeah. But the company wanted to liven it up a bit. They also think something in the lyrcis is missing. Like unspoken words or feelings.”

 

Baekhyun just scrunched his eyebrows. His songs were always approved without a second glance. He’s not bragging but it’s just something he's used to. He just furrowed his eyebrows and asked,” What?”

 

“I don’t know, but I was told it feels a little stuck. Like there is something being held back. However, overall its perfect. All we need is for you to go in and negotiate a melody. Also go over the lyrics and see if there are any changes you can make before finalizing everything,” Sehun said with a smile on his face.

 

They talked for an hour when Sehun said he needed to go. They said their goodbyes and left the coffee shop. Baekhyun went to his car, got in, and just sat there. He just thought of everything that happened the past five years, meeting him, falling in love with him, and his heart breaking because of him. But now, he writes songs and publishes them. Eight years ago, he will have never thought he will become a songwriter. Hes still working on the singing, but the songwriting is going perfect. He already published three songs. He was lucky in meeting Sehun. If it weren’t for him, then all his songs would still be in a folder in his closet.

 

He kept sitting until his phone started to ring. Baekhyun picked up his phone from the seat next to him, and checked the caller i.d. He sighed and closed his eyes, not wanting to speak to him right now. However, being the nice guy he is, he answered the call and put on a fake happy voice.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hey Baek! We just finished recording and we have some free time on our hands. I was wondering if you were up for dinner at the dorm?”

 

“I’m sorry Soo, I actually have a thing today so I can’t make it. Sorry.”

 

“No, its fine I get it. You’re living your dreams.”

 

Baekhyun just smiled a sad smile and said,” Maybe next time. Okay. Bye.” He pressed the end button and threw his phone on the passenger seat. He just let out a breath and started the car.

 

It was like this all the time. After the break up, Kyungsoo and him still kept in contact. They would sometimes have lunch together. They would just catch up on one another. He misses them. He misses him. He just didn’t know how it went wrong. Was he not good enough? No Baekhyun! Stop. He left. He doesn’t deserve you, he tried to persuade himself. He doesn’t like to think about him, but he just can’t stop.

 

He finally arrived to his little condo. It was actually really small. But to him, it was perfect. He wasn’t really into big or fancy things. When he was little he was raised in a small house, but to him it was home.

 

He entered his room with a soda he got from the kitchen. He went to his desk and his laptop. He went to his email and saw he got an email from Sehun that just reminded him about the meeting with the sound guy. He decided to just work on his songs some more when an thought came to his head. He went to youtube and searched up his name. A bunch of results came up: fancams, music videos, performances, etc. He decided on watching the performances.

 

He smiled once he saw the two familiar faces. One playing the guitar while the other sings. He always knew that’s how it worked. His smile grew even wider when he heard all the fans loudly cheering for the two. When the video ended, he decided on just ending the day here. He turned off his laptop and went under the covers of his bed.

 

Once he was lying down, he put one arm under his head. He looked up at the ceiling before thinking. He thought of how much those two musicians he watched performed improved since he last saw them. He thought of how those two kept on practicing and practicing before succeeding. Then he thought of him. He thought of how he left. He thought of how it all ended in one single day. He thought of all the things said between one to the other. He just kept, thinking. Then when the last thought went through his head, his eyes closed before he went on to dreaming.


 

~~~

 

“Hey Soo, do you think my arms got buffer?” Chanyeol asked, flexing his arms out, while he looked in the mirror.

 

“Totally,” Kyungsoo said in a monotone voice, while he kept looking at the magazine he was flipping through.

 

Chanyeol noticing this just rolled his eyes. He stopped looking at himself in the mirror before he plopped down on the couch next to Kyungsoo. He sighed before he got his phone out and started playing the game, aa. He kept tapping and tapping, but the word ‘fail’ kept popping up on the screen. He just groaned and put down his phone. He looked at Kyungsoo before he decided to bother him to pass time.

 

“Hey Soo, have you ever thought of getting laid?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Kyungsoo froze from flipping pages, and cleared his throat. He looked up and closed his magazine. “Well, I guess I’ll be honest,” Kyungsoo then looked at Chanyeol and nodded.

 

“Really? Damn. Oh! Is it with that choreographer? He seems like he knows how to move. Especially in the bed,” Chanyeol said with a smirk and wiggling eyebrows.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he began to splutter. “What? Heh, what do you mean? What choreographer? I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

 

Chanyeol started cracking up. “My gosh, you actually do like him. Well he’s coming to the to company tomorrow. He’s choreographing a group’s song. He’ll be there the WHOLE day. But you obviously don’t know who he is, so I guess we don’t have to practice tomorrow.” Chanyeol then put on a teasing smile.

 

Kyungsoo glared at him. “I hate you.”

 

Chanyeol just grinned and stood up,” Well I have to go. Areum wanted to get a cup of coffee with me. Being the nice gentleman I am, I just couldn’t say no.”

 

Kyungsoo just scoffed before sinking down on the couch. He got out his phone before opening up his messaging app. “Sure you are Yeol. I’ll just ask a friend to get lunch with.” With that said, he started typing a quick invitation to a certain brunette.

 

Chanyeol just scrunched his eyebrows while leaning down, trying to get a look at who Kyungsoo is messaging. Kyungsoo just laughed before locking his phone. Chanyeol groaned and said,” Fine. But when I get back we need to start working on something new. Our manager said we need something new.” After that, he got his coat before saying a quick ‘bye’ and exiting the room.


Kyungsoo muttered a ‘bye’ before his notification tone rang. He picked up his phone before unlocking his phone. He looked at the message before smiling. He quickly sent a reply before standing up, getting his coat, and leaving the room.