Prologue

Our Song

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo have been friends since kindergarten. It was when Chanyeol heard Kyungsoo humming one of his favorite songs, that they became close.

 

When they grew up, they had a dream where both of them, would become musicians. They both had a passion for music. So they took lessons. Kyungsoo took vocal lessons whil Chanyeol took guitar lessons. Both of them took many lessons while growing up that they know how to sing, dance, rap, and play instruments.

 

They both applied for Seoul Arts High School. The school known for making stars.Unfortunately, they got rejected. So they attended SM High. They still took lessons outside of school, and every Friday they would meet up at Kyungsoo’s house just to practice.

 



 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were chatting about the latest songs when a small brunette bumped into Chanyeol and papers flew everywhere. The boy just kneeled and started picking the papers up.

“Hey sorry, are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, also kneeling and helping pick up the papers.

“Yeah I’m fine, and thank you,” the brunette answered.

“No problem,” Chanyeol responded and looked at the papers. They were music sheets” Hey you play?”

The brunette looked up and saw Chanyeol holding up his song. “Um well kind of. I write songs, but I rarely play them.”

Chanyeol just smiled and offered his hand to the boy and said,” I’m Chanyeol, you?”

The boy took his hand and when he got up, he smiled a smile that made his eyes crinkle.

“Baekhyun.”






 

It took a year and some encouraging words from Kyungsoo for Chanyeol to ask Baekhyun on a date. It took one second for Baekhyun to wrap his arms around Chanyeol and say yes.







 

“Do you guys ever come up for air?” asked Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol, showing fake sympathy, says, “Don’t worry, someone has to be there for you. Forced, maybe, but still there.”

“Ha ha, very funny,” Kyungsoo says with a poker face.

Baekhyun just rolls his eyes and says, “Let’s go for ice cream. I’ve been craving some since yesterday.”

“Eh. Can’t we just get some tomorrow?” Chanyeol whines.

“Sure you can,” Kyungsoo replies, grabbing Baekhyun’s wrist and pulling him towards the direction of the ice cream shop. Baekhyun laughs and jokingly waves bye at Chanyeol.

“Hey!” Chanyeol says, gathering his stuff, before catching up to them and putting his arm around Baekhyun’s waist.


 

“Hey yeol?”

“Mmm.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”





 

“You know I never heard you sing,” Chanyeol said one day while they were cuddling on the couch.

“You know I write instead of sing,” Baekhyun answered.

“I know but it’d be nice to hear you sing,” Chanyeol pouted.

“Ew, don’t ever pout again,” Baekhyun covered his face with his hands leaving space open to see.

Chanyeol smacked him on the shoulder and laughed. Then he turned serious,” No but seriously, I always see you writing yet, never singing. You said you used to sing and I want to hear it.”

“Fine, but I warned you and your ears.” Chanyeol just smiled.

“But what should I sing?”

Chanyeol shrugged and then remembered,” Why not the one you were working on when we bumped into each other!”

“Can’t you pick another? Can’t it be anything but my songs?” Baekhyun pleaded.

“Nope. I want to hear that one.”

“Fine. Here it goes. But I warned you.”

“Yeah yeah now sing,” Chanyeol waved his hand signaling him to sing.

“Okay.” He then closed his eyes and began to sing.

 

*“Our relationship that shows of a watch spring How much would it have changed

Although I e page that I lastly wrote about you in, no longer

Do I have the strength to read on I’m going to erase the sad writings

It’s not going to be the end of our story

Because I’m going to meet you again”

Baekhyun then stopped and opened his eyes. “Well yeah, that’s it.” Chanyeol just kept staring at him, with his mouth parted open.

 

“Chanyeol? Oh my gosh was I that bad?” Chanyeol just kept staring. “Oh my gosh, my singing messed up your brain!” Baekhyun said mortified.

Chanyeol then snapped out of his trance and got up to hug Baekhyun. He then said words that made Baekhyun smile.

“You were perfect.”




 

Then auditions for Beta Music Ent. were being held.






 

“Hey Yeol, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked.

“Huh? Oh I’m going to go help Kyungsoo with his song for his audition.”

“I thought you were going to hear the new song I made?” Baekhyun said with a slight pout.

Ignoring the pout Chanyeol just said, “Yeah but me and Kyungsoo have been planning for this forever and you know how much we want this. That can wait.”

With that he left.

Baekhyun just sat there looking at the door.

 

“I love you,” he whispered.




 

“Hey Yeol?” Baekhyun asked.

“Mmm.”

“I love you.”

“.............Love you too.”


 

Chanyeol has been constantly going to Kyungsoo’s house and Baekhyun was starting to get worried. Chanyeol barely got any sleep or ate anything. So Baekhyun kept asking if and Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and said yes.. It was to the point that Chanyeol almost passed out that Baekhyun snapped.

 

When Chanyeol was entering their shared home, it was already 1 in the morning. He entered and saw Baekhyun standing there with his hands on his hips. Chanyeol sighed knowing where this is going.

 

“Where have you been?” Baekhyun demanded.

“Practicing,” Chanyeol calmly said.

“Yeol, you haven’t been sleeping and now you aren’t even eating! I say you take a break,” Baekhyun said with concern in his voice.

Chanyeol lifted his head and looked at Baekhyun in the eyes. There was no emotion.

“I can’t do that. Me and Kyungsoo need to practice until we are perfect. We need to get into that company if we want to become musicians.”

“What about your health? I mean I get it, you want to run after your dreams and I won’t stop you. But you don’t need to kill yourself for it. I want to help you but you don’t even let me do that. ”

Baekhyun started to get tired of yelling and just sighed,” I love you, but you just shut me out. I even want to go to your practice but you don’t let me. Sometimes you're sleeping at Soo’s house while I’m here with an empty space..”

Chanyeol sighed and just said,” Can I go to bed? I’m tired and I’m here so lets just go to bed.”

“You’re going to be there when I wake up in the morning? You’re not going to leave?” Baekhyun said with a doubt in his voice. He decided on just giving up for now and not drag this on.

“Mhmm,” Chanyeol hesitated for a quick second, but Baekhyun still caught it.

That night they were both lying in bed, with both men’s backs facing each other.





 

Next morning, Baekhyun woke up to an empty bed.



 

**“Why do you make my eyes shine like this

Why do you make my heart beat this crazily

Although I become breathless You are so precious to me Don’t forget

In the beginning your dream, your word, the summer that was fresh ………”


 

a/n

So i really like chanbaeksoo. Just incase it wasn't obvious. ^-^

*Peter Pan by Exo

**Baby by Exo