Chapter 2

Our Song

Baekhyun didn’t know why he agreed. The ‘Chanyeol won’t be there’ was pretty convincing, but he still didn’t know. All he knows is that he hasn’t had a proper conversation with Kyungsoo in at least a month. He always kept avoiding the invitations he got. What if he insults him? What if he starts boring him? Baekhyun just sighed, and entered the unknown coffee shop.

 

As he entered the shop, he looked around to see if Kyungsoo was already there. Its when he heard the door open behind him that he went to order an iced coffee. Once he got his order, he sat at an empty two seat table. He took a sip of his drink before taking out his phone. He decided to scroll through his feed while waiting for Kyungsoo.

 

While he was scrolling and double-tapping, he heard the bells ring, meaning someone has just entered the shop. He looked up to see if it was Kyungsoo, but it was just some random customer. He went back to his phone, and just played some Crossy Road.

 

When he was at 97, he heard the doors open again. He ignored it and continued since he was almost at beating his high score. It wasn’t until he saw a pair of black shoes in his peripheral vision that he looked up. The sound of him losing Crossy Road rang, while he looked at the short black-haired boy in front of him. Once he was done being frozen, he locked his phone and smiled.

 

“Hey Soo, it’s been quite a while.”

 

Kyungsoo just smiled, and adjusted his cap further down so no one can notice him. “Hi Baek. I’m surprised you accepted. So how have you been?”

 

Baekhyun took a sip, and cleared his throat. “Well I am in the process of publishing another song. An artist is already picked, but we just need the melody and rhythm. But Sehun, you know him, said i just have to change something. Well more like add something because someone said it’s missing something. So I have to figure that out.”

 

“Well maybe I can hear it and give some suggestions? It’s not like I’m expert like you, but still. Also can I ask a favor? Can you order me an iced americano? I would, but the girl there seems like a fan,” Kyungsoo asked, while he pulled his hat down and angled himself so he faced away from the cash register.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Was it from the phone case she has? Or was it how her ringtone was one of your songs?” Baekhyun put on a teasing smile and stood up, avoiding Kyungsoo’s wrath. When he got to the register he ordered for an Iced Americano. He hid a laugh when he heard the girl’s phone ring, and Kyungsoo’s song played.

 

He turned to his table and saw Kyungsoo facing away everyone. He had to bite his lip to prevent himself from cracking up when he saw Kyungsoo’s outfit. Ha. Black. Should've known. Wouldn’t be surprised if his underwear was black too. With that thought he couldn’t help but let out a laugh. The barista looked up towards his direction to see what was funny, when he put on a weird look when he saw that Baekhyun was standing alone. Baekhyun cleared his throat when he saw the barista’s actions, and got the order that’s been called.

 

Once he was seated, he handed the drink to Kyungsoo. “Your welcome.”

 

Kyungsoo took a drink and then asked,” Why did you laugh? The barista gave you a weird look.”

 

Baekhyun then remembered his thought and let out a laugh again. He started playing with the straw on his drink before he responded,” I saw your outfit.”

 

Kyungsoo glared at him. “Don’t question my fashion. I just happen to like black a lot.” He then sunk down in his chair. He then looked around and noticed that the shop was pretty empty. He looked back at Baekhyun who was playing with his straw. “Hey Baek. Can I ask you something?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. Kyungsoo then asked,” Do you miss Chanyeol?”

 

Baekhyun froze. He was never asked this until now. In fact, he hadn’t even thought of it until Kyungsoo asked. Of course, deep down he missed the big-eared giant’s presence, but he didn’t know if he could ever admit that. So in the end, he just made out a weird gurgling sound.

 

Kyungsoo just smiled. “You don’t have to answer. But you know, you should visit our dorm. The three of us used to be so close. To be honest I miss that.” A nostalgic look was on Kyungsoo’s face when he finished talking.

 

Baekhyun sunk in his seat, and let out a breath. He ruffled his own hair before he answered Kyungsoo,” Soo, I do miss him. In fact, I still love him. It hurts when I see every picture of him. It hurts when I see him smile his twitchy smile because he’s happy. I mean I’m happy when he’s happy, but it hurts when I’m not the reason of his happiness anymore. I miss how all three of us sang and performed songs. I miss how we always went to a karaoke place and were the loudest people there. I miss everything that involved the three of us.”

 

Baekhyun was starting to get emotional, so before he started to let his tears, that he was holding back, he took another drink from his coffee and closed his eyes.

 

“Look Baek, if it makes you feel better, he does miss you. Of course the giant idiot doesn’t admit it, but he does miss you. Does he love you? I don’t know. I’m not one to really know love. But Baek, you really do need to hang out with us, together, again,” Kyungsoo said, with a crestfallen face. He didn’t know how much pain Baekhyun was in because of Chanyeol. He was gonna say something when his phone rang. Well what do you know, Kyungsoo thought. He sighed and pressed accept before putting the phone to his ear.

 

“What?.......Now?.....Fine. But you have to pay for lunch tomorrow…..Then I guess I won’t go…..Well why don’t you just tell Areum..” Kyungsoo would've continued when he realized Baekhyun heard. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. Kyungsoo saw how he mouthed ‘Areum’. He heard the dopey idiot talking through the phone but just hung up.

 

“Baek it’s not-” But before he could continue Baekhyun just stood up.

 

“Um, well it was really nice talking to you Kyungsoo. I just have to go. Have to work on the song. So um I hope we can uh meet again. Heh,” when Baekhyun finished talking he smiled, and took his drink and left.

 

Once the brunette exited the door, Kyungsoo sighed. His phone rang again and he got up and answered his phone while he exited the shop.



 

~~~


 

Chanyeol was waiting for Kyungsoo in their company building. He kept glancing at his watch before he got out his phone. He was gonna press the call button when he saw a van drive up. A short boy got out, and he knew it was Kyungsoo. He put his phone back in his pocket and waited. When the front doors opened and the black-haired boy got inside. When the doors closed, the boy took off his hat and big coat.

 

“Why did you want to practice? We agreed on practicing tomorrow.” Kyungsoo said while he patted down his hair. The pair then started walking to an empty studio.

 

“First, we didn’t agree on practicing tomorrow. You made that decision when you found out that Kai was going to be there. And second, the date with Areum was boring. She’s nice and all but still. She’s also really  pretty, but just too much of a talker. This was the only way of getting out of it.” When they finally got to the studio, Chanyeol opened the door.

 

“Exactly why couldn’t you just lie that you had practice and not make me come all the way here?” Kyungsoo sat down on the couch while he spoke.

 

Chanyeol sat down next to Kyungsoo,and got the bouncy ball on the table next to him. “You see that’s exactly what I would’ve done. But she came in the van with me and wanted to drop me off. She even told the driver to wait until I actually got into the building.” Chanyeol then started throwing the ball up high and catched it everytime it came down.

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “Ha! And that is why girls don't appeal to me.” Kyungsoo then got the iPad on the coffee table and started playing some games.

 

Chanyeol scoffed and said,” You’re right. Kai is the one who appeals to you.” Chanyeol then started laughing when Kyungsoo punched him in the shoulder. He even saw how the squishy boy’s cheeks were tinted with pink.

 

Kyungsoo then muttered a silent shut up. The two then decided it would be better to just go back to their dorm and practice tomorrow. So they both stood up and started walking out of the empty studio.

 

 

 

a/n

Yea I know nothing about how the whole idol thing works 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sorry

 

also sorry if theres any errors or mistakes