Temper

Towards You

As your trembling legs made their way over to Jongin, you realized you were holding your breath. He was barricaded by a metal chair that was pressing into his bleeding arm.

 

 

“Jongin! Your arm!” you shouted, your voice quivering with every syllable. He glanced up as he heard the distress in your voice and managed to fling the chair off his body. “I’m okay.” He stated, the vigor in his body returning with your presence.

 

 

A frown covered your lips as you reached out to inspect his injury. Absentmindedly, you pressed a little too hard on his gash, earning a disapproving groan from the boy. “I’m sorry!” you panicked, retracting your hands almost immediately.  His frown was soon replaced with a grin, he was playing with you. If it wasn’t for his bleeding arm, you’d be slapping the boy silly right about now.

 

 

Meanwhile, Sehun was standing a distance away, confused out of his mind. He had just returned home after a weekend full of graphs, statistics, and mind-numbing presentations. It was safe to say it hadn’t been the most enjoyable weekend, but he was grateful to be home. Naturally, he was in much need of some bubble tea and he figured you would be at Chews since the camping trip was only supposed to last till Sunday.  What he didn’t expect to see was you in the arms of some man, an unrecognizable figure who had the hood of his coat cloaking most of his features. Who was this person? And why was he holding you in such an intimate way. Whoever he was, he didn’t like him.  But, Sehun was a practical man and he would calmly approach this situation seeing that in the past, his anger had often stolen the reigns. Just as he began to approach you though, he noticed you struggling against the said stranger. Stop! He had heard. And before his mind could’ve interrupted the contextual meaning of the word, his temper had already beaten him to it.

 

 

Jongin stirred underneath your hold, flashing another teethy smile at your irritation. You placed a hand on his arm in an effort to help him stand up, even though it was clear that he didn’t need it. As your eyes took in their surroundings, they widened in shock.  Several customers were huddled in a circle, terror and bewilderment apparent in their stares. Jongin’s injury had gotten you so worked up, you had almost forgotten you were at Chews. And right now, it looked like there had been a herd of bulls set loose in it.

 

 

“Everything is okay! Please continue while we clean up. Sorry for the inconvenience.” You apologized.

 

 

A few of the customers were hesitant at first, but eventually continued their discussions with their acquaintances. Making a point to glimpse and whisper in your direction every so often.

 

 

.

 

 

Aunt Yumi was so going to kill you.

 

 

You reached down to pick up the napkins and cutlery that had been tampered with.  In the corner of your eye you could see that Jongin was approaching Sehun, and a sense of uneasiness began to bubble up in your tummy. 

 

 

What was the point in trying to stop them? It wasn’t like they would listen to you anyway.

 

 

As you disposed of the dirty napkins, you reached down to clean up the shattered glass.

 

 

Sehun glanced over Jongin’s shoulder and noticed what you were trying to do. “Yah! Don’t touch the glass-” he yelled. But before you could hear him, the sharp glass had already sliced through the tender skin of your finger. A quiet hiss escaped your lips as droplets of blood made their mark on the white tiled floor.  Jongin turned his head in your direction and cursed under his breath. Just before he was about to make his way towards you, the taller boy inched forward and Jongin turned his attention back towards him.

 

 

“Don’t.” Jongin sternly warned, a restrictive hand pressing into his chest.

 

 

Sehun could see that Jongin was outraged, his body language alone illustrated that another step towards you would be a foolish, if not dangerous decision. But, Sehun was past the point of giving a . He pushed past Jongin, their shoulders aggressively meeting each other along the way.

 

 

As you glanced down at your bleeding finger, you realized you were in pain. Though, it wasn’t from the glass.

 

 

The thoughts of your mind were interrupted when you felt a hand close around your wrist, pulling you up to your feet. “I told you not to-”

 

 

His words were cut short as you withdrew your arm from his hold.

 

 

“Yah…” Sehun reached a hand out in your direction, his eyebrows furrowing in displeasure. “It was an accident, you do know that right?” he reminded, before taking another step towards you.

 

 

No, you didn’t know that. How could you possibly know that? It was not like Sehun and Jongin had been best friends in the past. It was known that they weren’t fond of one another.

 

 

It was unmistakably obvious that Sehun had anger issues, but you hadn’t thought he was dangerous. He wasn’t dangerous… right?

 

 

You weren’t so sure anymore.

 

 

He brought his hand up to move a stray hair away from your eyes but hesitated when you flinched. “Hey…” he spoke, the despair apparent in the tone of his voice.

 

 

Jongin was standing behind him, giving you the chance to speak with your friend if need be. But when he noticed your apprehension towards the boy, he decided it was time to draw the line.

 

 

Sehun was searching for something in your eyes, forgiveness? Understanding? You weren’t sure. But, you weren’t giving it to him. At the moment, you wanted to be nowhere near him.

 

 

You were disappointed in him, so ing disappointed.

 

 

The sound of crushing glass was heard as Jongin stepped around the mess to search for a napkin that hadn’t yet met its end. Once he found one, he walked over to you and gently wrapped it around your bleeding finger. He glanced over at Sehun, giving him a glare you thought nobody should have the misfortune to witness. Sehun didn’t notice though, he was staring at you, wishing you’d return his gaze. But before he could voice his thoughts, Jongin had already led you out of the bakery.

 

 

Leaving an upset and baffled Sehun behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You were being directed through the busy Sunday afternoon crowd, Jongin’s reassuring hand grasping onto yours. Once you arrived at your apartment, Jongin headed straight towards the elevator. The entire walk here had been quiet, there hadn’t been a single world exchanged between you two. And at this point, you were too afraid to say something. Jongin was fuming, though not as livid as the day Kwangchul ambushed you. So maybe, you could say something after all?

 

 

You glanced over at him, his jaw was clenched and his eyebrows furrowed. Though he managed to keep his hold around your wrist fairly gentle, you knew he was holding back his anger.

 

 

Once your floor arrived; Jongin stepped out and headed for his apartment. He unlocked the door in a way that can only be considered impatient and ‘angry as ’.  You cringed at how hard he shut the door and diverted your eyes as you made your way to his living room. You sat down on his couch and noticed Jongin was nowhere to be found, your eyes began to wander around his apartment. It seemed more disheveled than usual, like he had been having a rough week. Almost like not being able to speak to one another had affected him just as much as it had you.

 

 

Jongin returned a few minutes later and placed a first aid box on the coffee table in front of you.

 

 

“Give me your hand.” He stated, the rage in his voice ringing through your ears.

 

 

“No.” you stated, which earned a confused frown from the boy. “There’s a huge gash on your arm, let me clean it first.” You said, getting up from your seated position. An annoyed sigh left his lips as he reached over and sat you down, his patience running dangerously low. Then, while ignoring your fits of protest, he grabbed your hand and forced it into his.

 

 

“Yah! I said-”

 

 

“Shh.” He glanced up at you, his eyes worn out and perturbed.

 

 

“But Jongin-”

 

 

“Sit. Still. ” he snarled, his patience finally exhausting.

 

 

You gulped and complied, focusing your attention back to your lap. It was not that you were scared of Jongin, you were sure he would never hurt you. It was just that he rarely ever got angry, so on the unusual occasion that he did, it wasn’t pretty.

 

 

He grabbed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and placed your finger over a glass bowl. “Just look at me okay? This will sting.” He reminded, the tone of his voice far softer than it was a few seconds ago.

 

 

As he poured the chemical over your wounded finger you didn’t even flinch, you had felt pain far greater in your life. This was pale in comparison.

 

 

He was pleasantly surprised with your bravery, though he didn’t say a word. He finished it off by wrapping your finger in gauze and giving it a small kiss. He then walked around the coffee table and sunk into the sofa next you, reaching out to caress your hair. You ducked slightly, determined to a little due to his recent outburst. “Fine.” He breathed; he was far too tired and frustrated to entertain your antics.

 

 

“No, wait!” You pulled on his arm, bringing him back down to the sofa.

 

 

Damn Jongin, always has to have it his way.

 

 

 

 

He smirked and let you pull him down, the smile on his lips disappearing as soon as his eyes met with yours. He widened his eyes as a single tear made its way down your rosy cheek and on to his hand. “You’re an idiot, Kim Jongin.” You managed to say before burying your head into the warmth of his chest.

 

 

He sighed and smoothed his hand over your hair. “Yah, I’m the idiot? Your friend almost killed me!” he accused.

 

 

You nuzzled yourself farther into him “He’s an idiot too!” you shouted, although it was muffled and barely comprehensible. Jongin chuckled and leaned in to kiss the back of your head. For a second, it had felt like you had lost him. Just the way he was trapped underneath that mess, the only thing you were able to see was blood, and his limbs that weren’t mobile. Just for a second, you thought he wasn’t going to get up. In that one second, all your fears had revisited you, reminding you of their presence. Without thinking about it you let out a quiet sob, cursing under your breath after its release.

 

 

Jongin furrowed his brows and pulled you closer, resting his chin on your head. “Were you scared?”

 

 

You didn’t say a word; you just nodded your head. He smiled and pulled you back to look into his eyes. “Were you worried about me?” he smirked while trying to meet your eyes. You turned your head, partly out of embarrassment but mostly out of annoyance at the fact that he was teasing you even at the moment like this.

 

 

Of course I was worried you blonde mushroom!!!

 

 

He hooked a finger under your chin and turned you to face him. “I’m okay, see?” he grinned like a little child. You rolled your eyes and smacked him in the stomach which earned a breathless whine from the boy. “Alright, now I’m not okay.” He wheezed.

 

 

You smiled and grabbed the first aid box. After inspecting his wound, it seemed like it was rather deep, although not emergency room worthy. Judging from the cut, there was no way he wasn’t in a fair amount of pain. Yet, he still felt the need to look after your small, less serious wound first. He really was a bone-head.

 

 

You let out another sigh. “You call this okay?”         

 

 

He shrugged and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, which you shrugged off. As you reached for the peroxide, you realized he would either have to remove his shirt, or you’d have to cut some of it in order to properly cleanse the wound. The former was spurring something strange in your stomach, so you decided on the latter.

 

 

“Wait, you’re not cutting my shirt are you?” he questioned, eyeing the scissors suspiciously. You hummed nonchalantly and continued. He inched away and shook his head. “No need.”

 

 

Without another word, he stood up and pulled the dirtied shirt over his head. Although you were trying your best to look away, eventually your eyes fell to the magnificent dancer’s body. His beautiful bronze skin was shining in the light, the shadows playing with the bends and dips of his muscles.

 

 

“Like what you see, huh?” he smirked, delighted by your reaction.

 

 

At this point you could say your face resembled a ripe red apple right before it loses some of its flush.

 

 

“A-As if!” you stuttered pathetically, reaching for some gauze.

 

 

He shifted over on the sofa and patted the spot next to him. You gulped and seated yourself on the sofa, your shaky hands reaching for his laceration.

 

 

With his shirt off like this, his heavenly scent was even more prominent.  Without a warning you covered his wound with a generous amount of peroxide, he cursed under his breath and his teeth harshly pressed over his lower lip. You frowned and lightly blew some air on the gash in an effort to reduce some of the discomfort.

 

 

“Just a little longer Jongin.” You said, noticing the sweat bead that was forming on his temple.

 

 

He nodded and ran his hand through his hair.  After his wound was clean, you grabbed the gauze and began unraveling it over his injury, trying to wrap it as evenly as possible. Your concentration was soon interrupted as you caught Jongin staring at you from the corner of your eye. His eyes were fixed on your shirt, which he had noticed was slipping off your shoulder. He reached over and covered your bare shoulder with the material, his fingers brushing against your neck in the process. You shivered slightly and your eyes met with his, a slow but steady blush making its way through your heated cheeks.

 

 

His own face began to redden slightly, though it was barely noticeable. He leaned in closer and your hands halted their actions on his arm. “You’re so beautiful.” He uttered, reaching in to graze his lips on your neck before placing several kisses along it

 

 

“J-Jongin.” You whispered as you shut your eyes.

 

 

He pulled back to glance at your nervous expression, a smile formed on his lips. You were so cute to him. “Don’t worry. I won’t make you do anything you’re not comfortable with.” He assured. Then, just as he was about to kiss your forehead, he stopped himself and pulled away. “That includes touching you.”

 

 

A sense of disappointment lingered inside you. Was it wrong that you actually did want him to touch you? To feel you, to make him yours. You weren’t sure. After all, you had never discussed…’that’ with him and you weren’t sure how to bring it up. Just the thought of it intensified your nerves. Oh god, what am I thinking. You shook yourself out of your strange thoughts.

 

 

When you finally did open your eyes, Jongin had already put on a fresh shirt and changed into his sweatpants. “Excuse me, Miss?" He said, turning around with a pan that seemed to be cooking something. “Are you going to help me? Or would you rather I feed you.” he smiled.

 

 

“C-Coming!”

 

 

✥✥✥✥

 

You ran a frustrated hand through your hair. “Aishhh! Why can’t I get this stupid question.” You yelled, about to rip your assignment in half.

 

 

You had been putting off your calculus assignment all weekend long, but you figured you would have enough time on Sunday to work on it. Ultimately, lunch at Jongin’s had lasted longer than you would’ve thought and it didn’t help that he’d asked you to lend him a hand cleaning up his apartment. Of course you didn’t mind, but Jongin’s interpretation of ‘cleaning up’ was a bit different from yours. His involved tickle fights and cuddling while watching re-runs of sappy Kdramas. You hadn’t thought he was the type, but he really did enjoy those clichéd storylines and pathetic characters. Well, who didn’t enjoy Kdramas? You couldn’t deny the fact that they also held a special place within your heart. The more time you spent with him, the more you grew to understand him. The more you grew to love him. He was everything you had ever wanted in a lover, and you couldn’t be happier.

 

 

A smile crossed your lips as you scribbled on your assignment.

 

 

“Oh , what am I doing!?” you growled, trying to erase the scribbles. “Focus, just focus.”

 

 

Your phone began to buzz and you sighed. Maybe you could focus better if Sehun would just stop messaging you. The fact that you hadn’t replied to any of his texts or calls should’ve been proof enough; you didn’t want to speak to him.  The buzzing rang in your ears again and you just about flung your phone across the room.

 

 

Fine, ill answer it.

 

 

“Can I help you?” you spat.

 

 

Suddenly, a knock interrupted the phone call. What idiot comes knocking at 11PM? “There’s somebody at the door, hold on.” You said, although you couldn’t care less what he did. You lazily headed over to the door and looked through the peephole. Huh, there’s nobody there?

 

 

You shrugged then headed for the kitchen when there was another knock on the door, this time it was louder and seemed more impatient. A frown appeared on your lips as you walked over to your door, ready to punch the idiot who had no manners or sense of time.

 

 

“It’s late can you stop knock-” your eyebrows knit up in confusion.

 

 

The man pushed open the door and walked past you, the subtle scent of alcohol lingering behind him.

 

 

“Go away. I don’t want to talk.” You stated, ending the call and placing the phone on the coffee table.

 

 

You sighed and walked over to the kitchen, draining the coffee you had made in an effort to stay awake and finish your work. But right now, all you wanted to do was sleep.

 

 

“Please, just talk to me.” Sehun pleaded, making his way over to you. He rested his hand on the counter beside you, trapping you in place. “I thought he was that scum, your stalker.” He explained, running his other hand through his brown locks.

 

 

You crossed your arms over your chest, not buying any of it. “You didn’t see that I was laughing with my ‘stalker’? Or the fact that he wasn’t my stalker at all, but somebody that means something to me? How could you possibly jump to conclusions like that, how could you be so impulsive?” you questioned, the anger evident in your tone.

 

 

He took a step towards you and you took two steps back.

 

 

He sighed. “I’m sorry. I misunderstood.”

 

 

“I’m not the one you have to apologize to.” You stated, walking past him and towards the living room.

 

 

Sehun’s head fell back in annoyance. “Fine, I’ll apologize to that guy too.” He said, making his way towards you again.

 

 

He stopped in front of you and reached out to pat your head, you flinched.

 

 

“Why do you keep flinching when I try to touch you.” he snapped.

 

 

“I’m… not.” You lied.

 

 

“Are you… scared of me?” he frowned. He reached out to grab your arm, which once again, your body seemed to avoid. “See? You are.” He concluded, the pain of your neglect building up within him. His focus was now on the ground, he was upset, really upset. More with himself than anybody else.

 

 

“I accept your apology.” You said.

 

 

He glanced up, a small smile forming on his lips. The confidence within him was rising, and he brought up the courage to take another step towards you. He reached out to pull you into a hug, which you somehow managed to dodge again. “Really, I can’t even hug you now?” he roared.

 

 

“Just please, don’t touch me Sehun.”

 

 

The words were like daggers. He felt like someone had just impaled him with something sharp, something that would leave an inexplicable mark in the morning.

 

 

He reacted fast, grabbing your arm and pulling you into him. He secured his hand at the small of your back and pulled you closer. “Why can’t I touch you.” he questioned, his hold uncomfortably tight.

 

 

“Sehun, let’s talk tomorrow morning. You’re not in the right state of mind-”

 

 

He brought his lips to your cheek and softly brushed them against your skin. The smell of alcohol was overwhelming, and shocking. Sehun wasn’t a heavy drinker; in fact he preferred the sober life. “Why can’t I touch you like this?” He reiterated, waiting for your answer.

 

 

You weren’t about to give it to him. It was true. You were scared of what he would do, he was intoxicated and upset. Although Sehun would never hurt you, this wasn’t Sehun.

 

 

“Tell me.” his voice reverberated through the apartment. “TELL ME.” he finally shouted, the pain overflowing within his chest.

 

 

Your heartbeat increased significantly and you swallowed in an effort to quench your dry throat. “I’m with Jongin now, Sehun. We’re together.”

 

 

 “To-Together?” he said, his hold on your body tightening. A whimper escaped your lips as the pain ran through your body. “Sehun you-you’re hurting me!” you cried, trying to push him away by the chest. It didn’t seem like he realized what he was doing, it was only when he heard your cry that he let go of your body.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, though you thought you might have imagined it since it was barely audible.

 

 

Then without another word, he walked out. Leaving nothing but the faint trace of alcohol, that was now making you queasy.

 

 

You had misjudged him, he wasn’t the amazing guy you thought he was.

 

 

Sehun had lied.

 

 

He said that he would be supportive. He said that he’d try to like Jongin, for you. But the truth was he wasn’t okay with it, he wasn’t okay with any of it.

 

 

 When it came down to it, he’d rather start worthless fights than swallow his pride and be-friend Jongin. And now you were certain, you would never ask that of him again.

 

 

Infact, you weren’t sure if you ever wanted to ask anything of him ever again.

 

 

The boy you knew two years ago had changed. He had changed into someone you could no longer recognize, someone you feared even.

 

 

He was now someone you could no longer trust.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Oh no, things are not going so well for Sehun, are they? What did you think of Sehun’s outburst? Was he just mad or is he someone OC should fear? I wonder how Jongin will react to all this, that boy has a dangerous temper too. Maybe OC just shouldn’t tell him? What do you think?

I hope you liked this chapter! Remember to comment like always, I love reading all your comments it makes my day, no my week! ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Also, some bad news. This story will be ending soon, but hold your horses! i'll leave you with tons of romance. I promise.

Until next time!