Paris

The world we used to play around

CHAPTER TEN

 

Coffee?” he sat at the bench beside a girl who is staring blankly at the blue sky. “Isn’t the sky peaceful to look at?” she smiled.

He took a sip of the warm coffee and stared too at the sky. “Still the same sky few years ago” he sighed. She cupped the coffee with both of her hands and felt the warm it brings to her body.

“What made you think of bringing me here?” she asked. Taec shifted his look from the sky to her face. The weather is just perfect, not too cold and not too hot. It gives them the idea of strolling in the strange country.

“Don’t worry its hyung’s Idea. This was given as a prize for finding the box he hid and luckily, we found it” he chuckled. Yoon stared once again in the sky. “We?” she asked. “I was supposed to be here with… Suzy”

“The same sky… everything is still the same as before, aren’t they?” she murmured. Her eyes we’re deeply focused in the sky. It somewhat orders her to just stay still and not to look at him. She thought that if she’ll even take one glance, she might not like what she’ll see.

Words seem too hectic to pop out of his mind. For a whole minute he was speechless.

Two people staring blankly at the sky.

“Yoona… you know we cannot be forever stuck in the past… something will always change” slowly tears fell down on her cheeks.

 “I brought you here because you are my friend. In all the bad and good times, you stayed beside me. I never heard you complaining about how hectic my schedule was, how late I call you at night, how I never once gave you a proper date, and how you sacrificed enough for love” he grabbed yoona’s hand and planted a small kiss at the back of her palm.

“You…. you will always be that special friend I will never forget no matter what” he smiled. Yoona took her hand back and used it to wipe her tears. “Then starting today… be a good friend and make this trip a memorable one” she genuinely smiled despite of the hurt she felt.

After all the years of waiting, it ended with a sweet goodbye. She lost a lover but gained a friend. “Thank you” he whispered as he leaned closer and gave her a friendly hug, just as how friends do it.

The whole week they spent together after the new start was enough to say the old buds are back together. They watched real musical dramas at night, talked in a different language, ate strange foods, meet new friends, and had fun.

In the last day of stay in that country, they decided to spend it by admiring the tall tower in front of them. “Don’t you know that the Eiffel tower was almost demolished but saved for telecommunication use?”

“Really, Why would they do that?” she asked, confused. “Because they think of it as a scrap and didn’t know the true value of it” he growled. They both look at the tower. How come a thing was seen only as a scrap can become this famous and be admired by millions.

Maybe just like humans, if we can stand still in every problem that will pass through us… we can be like the tower.