Brewing Storm

Choice of Love

 

Donghae and Yoona bumped into each other again at their workplace. A storm was brewing. A storm that nobody knew or predicted.

"Umm...Oppa, did you, by chance, see a yellow notebook?" Yoona asked him. Donghae was about to return it to her when they heard a voice. A very familiar one.

"Oppa? He is your sunbae! Only I can call him oppa, because he is my boyfriend!” She demanded Yoona.

“Hey! We broke up already.” Donghae yelled back at her, as he hid the notebook behind him, worried that she might see it. It was Taeyeon.

“Unnie, I just…” Yoona tried to explain to prevent chaos, but things didn’t worked out as planned.

Taeyeon interrupted her. "Taeyeon unnie? I am not your unnie, I am your sunbae, your leader! Go ahead and call me! "

Yoona’s POV

Just then, somebody yanked me. It was Siwon.

“Yoona, I am sorry for being so harsh on you without clarifying things first. I thought through the whole night. You are the reason I am still alive. Let’s get back together.” He hugged me, but I pushed him away.

For some reason, I felt the need to explain to Donghae. “Donghae oppa, ani, sunbae, don't misunderstand me...I don't love him anymore.”

Taeyeon was disgruntled upon seeing such a scene. “Oh won’t you shut up!” She barked impatiently, rolling her eyes in irritation.

Donghae oppa accidentally dropped something from his hands at this moment.

“Oh my notebook!” I went to retrieve it from the floor. Luckily it was still intact. But as I flipped through the pages, the photo was missing. I dreaded the prospect of knowing Donghae had read through the diary.

He confronted me and said, “Are you looking for these?” Donghae flashed the two pieces of the photo in front of me. He had torn it.

“How could you…” I slapped him.

“I am glad you still love me,” Siwon forcefully put his lips against me.

“What the hell …” Taeyeon ‘sunbae’ cursed me.

I pushed Siwon away, and stomped out of the scene. A faint rumble of profanities spilling out of my mouth directed at everyone: the world, my fate, and these people.

“Yoona!” He’d come chasing after me: Donghae.

I ignored him, so that I won’t feel yet another heartache.

“I am sor…” He didn’t continue. After all, he had read through my diary and knew the line. Love means never having to say sorry.

“Let’s break up.” I firmly answered his calls. But since we weren’t an official couple yet, we didn’t have to break up. Tears choked me. Fear engulfed me. The fear of being left alone; of being abandoned.

End of POV

Sooyoung and Yuri had witnessed the scene as they were passing by. They followed closely behind Yoona to ensure her safety. They couldn’t lose her. After all, they are still the best of friends aren’t they?