Friends, Love or Power?

Choice of Love

 

“Yoona-ah! Wait for us!” The two girls panted as they chased after her.

Yoona was still crying, her heart hurts, not the sharp pain of a million needles piercing her hopes and dreams, but a dull pang, an endless churning of confused emotions.

“Why didn’t you wait?” Sooyoung punched her in the arm.

“How’d you expect her to wait?” Yuri answered her sarcastically. “Hey you wanted to chase after her too!”

Sooyoung argued back, feeling accused by Yuri’s statement. “YA!” The two girls quarrelled and quarrelled. And then Yoona finally laughed.

“I love you guys…” She cuddled the two of them.

“I don’t love you, I am not a lesbian!” Yuri jokingly replied.

“Are you alright now?” Sooyoung cautiously asked her.

“What’d you like my answer to be?” Yoona giggled.

“Well… I am just confused. Do I love Donghae or not? Because I know he’ll treat me better than Siwon.”

Yuri slapped her, “You do!”

Sooyoung angrily replied to her, “I asked you out of concern but you didn’t reply! I ain’t caring about you anymore!”

Sooyoung turned her back to face her.

“I guess I love Donghae that’s the reason for more heartache now." Yoona paused before she continued.

"Okay then. Let’s leave, Yuri hurry!” Yoona grabbed Yuri’s hand as they both broke into run.

“Wait for me you brats!” Sooyoung was pissed, as she chased in hot pursuit behind the two of them who were ‘fleeing from the police’. The other two girls vaulted away from her reach.

“NANNY NANNY POO POO!”

~~~

They hurriedly scampered back to the practice room worried that Taeyeon might scold them. Yoona had the need to bond with the other members before their debut. Although she was the best of friends with Sooyoung and Yuri, they were also looked down upon by the other members of the group.

“Im Yoona! Come here right now!” Taeyeon ordered her.

Yoona tiptoed across the room being embarrassed of being the focal attention in the room. Sooyoung and Yuri never had a say in the group, so they stood there, watching Yoona quietly. They were feeling much guilty and remorse in their hearts.

“You ! Not only did you steal Donghae from me, but also have no form of respect for me!” Taeyeon arrogantly scolded her.

“No I dare not, unnie… I mean sunbae…” She replied frightened out of her guts.

“No I dare not,” Taeyeon mimicked in a whiny, high-pitched voice.

She continued to talk, monopolizing their whole conversation. Finally, one of the quiet members spoke.

“Stop bullying her won’t you!” Taeyeon turned to look at her, it was Yuri,who couldn't stand seeing Yoona being bullied anymore.

Taeyeon grabbed her chin, “Yuri, why are you defending her? Where'd you get the guts from?” Taeyeon hollered, as she gave off a demonic laugh.

“MY UNCLE IS HERE!” Sunny yelled, diverting the attention of Taeyeon.

There was a long, tense silence.

“WHAT IS THIS!” Lee Soo Man (also known as Boss) asked, his face suffused with anger. 

“You girls don’t want to debut is it? If I were to cancel your contract now, you girls will have to pay me back because you all violated the terms!” His deafening voice startled the girls who were still in their mid-teens.

“And Im Yoona! You still owe me an explanation for leaving work early yesterday.” He snarled at Yoona, who was almost on the verge of crying.

“I am sorry, I forgot to apply the leave yesterday. And all these problems were because of me…” She apologised profusely.

“Glad you know! Now you girls get back to practice!” His threatening tone made everyone get back to practice and forget all the unhappiness for the moment. He left the room, still furious from the immature girls’ attitude when he saw Donghae.