Visiting hours

Choice of Love

The next day...

Yoona's POV

Today was a tiring day. You know all and all after staying in the hospital for days. Donghae wouldn't let me be discharged, and the doctor said I needed much more rest before I am healthy enough to be discharged and perform again. It was saddening. I mean, the mood of the hospital. It's as if something bad will fall upon me. I hope not.

Dad finally came to visit me.

He embraced me, "My little daughter, are you okay?"

I nodded my head, not wanting him to worry too much.

"I saw the news... You and Donghae dating... Why didn't you tell me?"

His worried tone made me uneasy, my dad have aged a lot, more wrinkles were etched on his face since the time I had seen him. At his age, he still works, he wanted to work just so I could spend more time with him and work less hard. How much stress must he have to bear alone: My mum's disappearance, work, my oppa and an unfilial daughter. And now, he has to worry for me again.

"I didn't want you to worry."

Dad sighed, "at least I have a good son-in-law."

Just then, the doors of my hospital ward flew open, and Sooyoung, Yuri and the other members swarmed in.

"YOONA! YOONA! TROUBLE! TROUBLE!" I giggled, as their voices echoes in unison.

Sooyoung handed me today's gossip newspaper. It wrote, "SUPER JUNIOR MEMBER RECEIVES CRITICISM".

The members then realised my dad had been there and they bowed politely to him, "Hello uncle!" They said respectfully.

Yuri began to read the article out loud. "Yesterday, Super Junior member Lee Donghae visited his girlfriend, Im Yoona from Girls' Generation who fainted upon the word '' at the hospital. It was rumoured to be their first ever real date they had between them, and Lee gave her a bouquet of chrysanthemum and a chocolate cake. Sones argubly quarrelled with the elfs, saying how Lee did not consider Im being allergic to cocoa; and giving her a bouquet of chrysanthemum,an offering of the death. The elfs commented at how it was their first actual date, protecting their favourite idols from receiving criticism."

Dad nearly fainted, due to his old age, he couldn't supress his anger. "How can that guy do such a thing to my daughter!"

I held him back. "No dad, it's true. I didn't tell him. I will explain to you later."

The other 7 members of the group embraced me tightly, all feeling upset for the article. Taeyeon stood at a side, behind my father. Just then Donghae barged in the hospital ward. The 7 girls stopped embracing me upon his appearance.

"The gall of you to treat my daughter like this!" Dad gave Donghae a slap on his cheek. A red mark was imprinted on Donghae's right cheek.

"Hae..." I pulled him away from Dad.

"Please don't Dad... Please!"

The members and dad left the ward, leaving the two of us alone. Dad was still not appeased yet. I still owe him an explanation.

~~~

"Hae!" I catapulted into his arms. My arms wrapped around him tightly.

"I am sorry... I really didn't know... I was tricked by Siwon..." He pleaded.

"Love means never having to say sorry." I shushed him.

"I am glad you're alright. Please don't feel dejected from the news." I cried.

He gently took my hands off him, as he held it tightly. I looked into his eyes earnestly, waiting for him to respond... We kissed. That was when I was sure. I love him. Perhaps because we never really had any dates before. But deep inside our hearts beats as one, we are similar.

~~~

After Hae and my members left, Dad came back into my ward. He had taken a leave off specially for me.

"Dad, I realised, after all the times in the hospital, I've become nostalgic for home; the times we had together, without mother."

Dad bawled his eyes out for the first time. Even when mum had disappeared, he didn't cry at all. It was heartwarming to know how much my dad had cared for me despite his unfilial daughter. "

Why did you suffer in silence when he bullied you?" Dad nudged my arms. He was the coolest and the best dad ever.

"No he didn't. It's a long story." After explaining to him, I came out of the bed and knelt on my knees before him.

"I am really sorry dad. Please forgive him." Dad was touched and he pulled me up.

"Your oppa and sae unnie like Love Story remember? Love means never having to say sorry." I've always been thankful for my dad who considered my feelings no matter what. He was probably the first person to approve Donghae and I's relationship.

"Dad, don't worry for me anymore." I patted his hand. For once I suppose, he'd probably think I was more naggy than an old lady.

As he was about to leave, I told him

"Don't overwork yourself. Be mindful of yourself, and I love you."

A/N: How was this chapter? I lack details again! If you all want me to add in details, do comment below! Always remember to subscribe and comment!(: