Paper Roses

Dreams In A Cloud

This story is dedicated to my precious Kia - Nature - Ra! I hope you ENJOY! :)

Characters: Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin, Rosalie

Foreword:

Paper roses, paper roses,

Oh how real those roses seem to be,

But they're only imitations

Like your imitation love for me.

 

--

The heavy pulse of the music led the bouncy rhythm of the lights. His hot breath awakened every part of her body as she swayed her hips to the music, feeling every part of him. His gaze was intense, powerful, hungry just as his love for the girl against his frantic heart. Their chest rose up and down in perfect synchronization as if the one only lives for the other. He pulled her closer, desperate for her warm touches. This time, it was his turn to lead as they slowly walked away from the middle of the dancefloor.

" Take a seat."

He said, his tone full of sweetness.

Her breaths came in deep gasps as she tried to recover from dancing. She took her seat next to Taemin. He reached for her hand that now rested on his lap. He gave it a squeeze, sending jolts of pleasure through her body causing her to shiver. She met his searing gaze, looking at her reflection through his eyes. He pulled something out of his pocket, revealing a red, paper rose. Her eyes widened at the sight of it.

" Is this what I think it is?"

She exclaimed between her heavy breathing.

" The very same one, baby."

He said, handing her the paper rose that started their dangerous romance. It was what brought them together, the rose that will never wilt. Tears started to form in her eyes, glittering against the blinding flashes of the strobe lights.

----MEANWHILE----

" WHERE IS SHE?"

Jonghyun's booming voice could  be heard outside the room as it echoed through every corner it could reach.

His eyes bruned with fury as he shattered anything he could lay his hand on. Looking at his face from a stranger's standpoint, one would think it impossible that the monster before him is the same person. His men shivered in fear as they watched their leader release his anger.

" I saw her. She went to Rampage with Taemin."

One of s finally spoke up, braving his chance. He entered through the door.

" Did I hear you right, Key? My possession, something that is MINE, is with another man?"

He grabbed the boy's blonde-dyed hair, forcing him to look into his eyes that were red with anger. He returned his gaze with the same intensity, unwavering.

" Yes. I followed them there about 15 minutes ago. I came to tell you actually."

His reply was calm, almost melodic. His voice was even, without a trace of fear. He wore an eccentric expression, unreadable. Jonghyun sighed, releasing his hold on 's hair.

Jonghyun ce again, now to face the rest of his gang. He walked across the room, grabbing his gun. He now wore a devilish grin on his face.

" Boys, we're going clubbing tonight."

His voice was husly, still strained from his screams earlier.

In less than a minute, the boys were assembled with bats, knives, and guns in their hands. Their faces showed a thirst for violence, blood.

----RAMPAGE----

They were back on the dancefloor, the sweet melody of the saxophone serenaded them as lovers swayed to its velvet beat. Rosalie's hands rested around Taemin's neck, supporting herself. His arms enveloped her slim waist, holding her tight. Somehow, he felt his insides tightening, sensing something. He shrugged it off, holding her closer against his body. With closed eyes, they savored the moment,both feeling a strange sense of desperation for each other's warmth. Their hearts almost screamed fear as they drummed through their chests as if struggling to escape the impending danger lurking in the corner.

Rosalie opened her eyes at last, watching the people sway to the intoxicating hum of music, looking over Taemin's shoulder. Her eyes widened as she watched the thick crowd part in the middle, revealing the worst ofher nightmares. The devilish image of Jonghyun burned through her heart, reminding her of the bitter reality she longed to escape. He walked with anger evident in each step he makes. The floor seemed to tremble under Rosalie's feet despite the deafening silence that now replaced the soothing music. They met each other's eyes and the intensity of Jonghyun's stare locked Rosalie's eyes with his.

Taemin felt Rosalie's body stiffen as the music abruptly stopped. He opened his eyes, feeling her grip tighten around his neck, her body obviously tense. He held her waist and pulled her away so that they met each other's eyes. He saw fear, she was petrified. He turned around to see what it was that she saw to be in her current state. His mind went blank as he saw Jonghyun, only steps away from them.

" Hey there, babe. Cheating on your man? How naughty. I like naughty."

Jonghyun's mocking voice became the music that filled each heart in the club, undulating fear. His gun reflected the lights in the club, reflecting the threat he posed.

" You . You dare cheat on me, huh? You're lucky you when your naughty, huh? It upsets me though, how dare you cheat on me with him?"

Jonghyun extended his hand and pulled Rosalie by the hair, prying her apart from Taemin's firm hold. Her scream was frozen as the crowd remained silent as if holding their breaths, waiting for the blood to be spilt.

" Get your filthy hands off of her!"

Taemin bartked at Jonghyun who returned his gaze with rage.

Jonghyun snapped his fingers and at once, men with thirst evident in their eyes appeared from all the corners of the club, earning loud gasps from the crowd.

" Let me go, please let me go!"

Rosalie pleaded asJonghyun tightened his hold on her hair. He pulled her head up to meet his and devoured her lips, marking his territory. He bit her lips, the blood that flowed from them.

" Honey, you are mine and I don't like sharing."

He whispered to her ear, a trail from her ear to her jawline. She shuddered with the sensation, her knees buckling as she collapsed against his chest.

" NO! Let her go!"

Taemin charged towards Jonghyun but was quickly restrained by Jonghyun's men. He could do nothing but watch as Rosalie was carried away from him.

" AHH!"

He screamed as one of the men hit his head with the of his gun. His vision went blank and all he could hear was the heavy shuffling of the feet of the men that dragged him.

-----------

" My baby, why did you do this?"

Jonghyun asked as he trailed kisses along Rosalie's neck and shoulders.

" I don't want this anymore, Jonghyun. Please, let me go, let me be happy!"

" Am I not enough? I did everything for you! Money, clothes, cars, I gave you everything! I love you Rosalie and I'm never letting you go!"

He said as he planted another kiss on Rosalie's restrained hand.

" Is this how you show your love? Do I seem happy? I loved you, yes, I would never deny that, but Jonghyun this is not what I wanted. I never wanted to be chained by anybody's love, I never wanted this. "

" No you don't mean what you're saying. You're just confused, drugged. That bastard, Taemin is nothing compared to me! You'll see, you'll realize it's me that you want."

He stood back on his feet, turning away from Rosalie as a single tear escaped from his eye.

" Jonghyun, where is he? Where's Taemin?"

" Oh you'll see him soon, enough."

His words pierced her like knives.

She could only watch as Jonghyun's footsteps dissapeared.

---------

 She drifted into a restless sleep as the heat of the room drove her to extreme exhaustion.

" AH!"

Her eyes bolted open, with the loud screams that passed through the wall.

The door opened and Jonghyun's cruel hands grabbed her by the hair once again, dragging her out of the dark room. The screams grew louder, more definite. Taemin's screams pierced through her like a knife.

" Where is he? Jonghyun, where is he?"

She struggled against his grip, lifting her head up to meet his eyes that were full of rage and fury.

" Hush baby, we're playing hide and seek. You don't want us to be discovered do you?"

He said before devouring her lips like a lion hungry for his prey. He now held her by the waist, pushing her body closer to his, crushing her. Her breaths came in deep gasps as he let his grip loosen. They walked, with Jonghyun still dragging Rosalie's weak body. A gunshot echoed. A malicious smile spread across Jonghyun's face.

" Oh honey, your Taemin must be horrible at hide and seek. Come, we shall see where his hiding spot was."

They followed the echoes of the single gunshot they heard. They turned around corners, left to right, it seemed endless. They stopped at a black door, it was destroyed by what seems like an ax. Jonghyun kicked the door open, breaking it off of its hinges and the wood fell on the dusty floor with a crash, producing clouds of smoke around them.

" Taemin, Taemin, Taemin. I was too nice don't you think? Was thirty minutes not enough for you to find your dearest Rosalie? What a shame cuz' here she is, in my arms."

Jonghyun gave Rosalie another kiss then tied her up to a chair, restraining both her hands and lips. She struggled but her screams were muffled by the torn sleeve that wrapped around her head, covering her lips.

" Hush baby, its not time to struggle yet. We're gonna have a little more fun, then you can cry. Arasso?"

He whispered to her ear, then walked towards Taemin's bloody image.

" You dare touch what is mine? Now, you get the consequence."

Jonghyun said and with that, a bat was thrown his hands and he caught it, playing with it. Taemin eyed him carefully, his stare was full of burning anger. His eyes shifted from Jonghyun to Rosalie.

 " Let her go, just please let her go. I'll leave, I'll leave her, just please don't hurt her anymore, let her go!"

" Hmm. I'll consider that suggestion, but first, let's finish our playdate shall we?"

Jonghyun's voice was cold, emotionless as he hit Taemin with the bat in his hands. His manic laughter filled the room, together with Taemin's coughs and Rosalie's restrained screams for mercy.

" Oh my poor little Taemin. This is what happens when somebody tries to touch something that doesn't belong to them. You feel the pain? Well, there's more where that came from."

Jonghyun leaned close to Taemin's ear whispering incoherent words. He straightened up, and made his way, now to Rosalie.

" My baby, do you see what happens when you fool around behind my back. But no worries, it won't be hard for me to forgive you. I will forget everything that you did tonight, in one condition. You want to be free, am I right?"

He whispered but the whole room, filled with silence still heard his hushed voice. He snapped his fingers and Key appeared by his side, carrying a gun.

" Baby, now's your chance to show me the skills I taught you arasso?"

He said as he kneeled in front of Rosalie to untie her from the the chair.

" Key, give her the gun."

The blonde boy handed her the gun, her fingers shivered to the feeling of the cold metal against her skin. She barely had any power to grip its handle.

" Okay, here's what I want you to do. You're gonna walk to your dear Taemin, and aim the gun on his head, in the temple. Like this."

He said, re-enacting his instructions with a gun he made with his fingers.

" Oh and honey, one wrong move, as in you, aiming the gun at me, your beloved Taemin's head blows up into pieces. Okay, when you reach him and aimed the gun at his head, I want you to pull the trigger after I count to three. Remember, one wrong move, and it's BANG!"

He said and his mocking laughter once again, filled the room. 

She stood from the chair, her knees shaking with bith fear and exhaustion. She was confused. What does she want more? Would she give up Taemin to have her freedom, or would she rather be forever chained to Jonghyun's suffocating admiration? She reached Taemin's beaten body, without her heart's consent, she aimed the gun to Taemin's temple, he shivered at the touch of the cold mouth of the gun. Her hand shook, still battling between her two options. Suddenly, as if on cue, she felt something in her pocket and without thinking she reached for whatever it is. The men around them shifted, ready to shoot, but Jonghyun raised his hand and beckoned them to continue watching the show, his actions were also tense.

A tear fell from her eye, it was the paper rose. She pulled out the piece of paper, now crumpled from the impact of the beatings she took. Her heart raced, she can't take it anymore, not if she has to choose between her future and the man she wants to be with her forever. No, she can't take it anymore.

Her tears now flooded her red face, they trickled to the hand that held the gun still. The pressure from her grip turned her knuckles paper white, she struggled and the gun dug deeper into Taemin's skull.

" Rosalie, choose what your heart wants. If you're happy, that would be the greatest gift I couldgive you. I want to see your genuine smile one last time even if it will cost me my life. "

Taemin, still with his hands restrained behind his back, looked deep into Rosalie's confused eyes.

She couldn't think anymore as emotions drowned her struggling heart. She dropped to her knees, with one jhand holding the paper rose against her chest and the other still holding the gun against Taemin's head. She closed her eyes. This was the moment.

" BANG!"

The loud gushot rang through the room. And loud screams of anguish followed.

" NO!"

Taemin's strained voice was filled with tears and pain. Rosalie's blood drenched the floor where his feet lay. He dropped down to his knees, feeling every part of Rosalie's body that he could manage, his hands still tied behind his back.

Jonghyun's eyes glittered with the sudden actions he just witnessed. His heart throbbed, he couldn't belive his eyes. Rosalie aimed the gun at her chest, directly above her heart and pulled the trigger. He tran to her, tried to pry the gun from her hands, but the bullet has already pierced through her.

" Taemin - shi, I'm so sorry. I would never give anything, my freedom let alone you, for my own happiness. Please live your life well and be happy."

She choked as blood now flowed from her lips as well. She raised her hand that held the red paper rose and caressed Taemin's face for the last time.

" Rosalie! NO!"

Jonghyun came to his senses, finally words escaping his lips.

" Get off of her! Oh, my baby! This was not supposed to happen. Oh my god! What have I done?"

Jonghyun covered Rosalie with desperate kisses, soaking himself with the blood that gushed from her broken body. He cried as if it could turn back time. His remorse was too late as he held Rosalie's body.

" You did this! You're a monster! Let me go, NOW!"

Taemin screamed, frustration clearly audible in his voice full of melancholy.

Jonghyun looked up and at once, Key let Taemin loose. At once, he pushed Jonghyun with all his might off of Rosalie's body. He took the gun from her hand.

" I will forever be yours. I will never let you go!"

His last words were drowned by another gunshot and this time, he dropped dead beside the only woman he ever loved

The war was over, his war was over. Jonghyun couldonly watch as the two bodies layed beside each other.

He realized that even with death, they never separated. He cried as he realized his imitation love. His obsession caused their deaths. He stayed still, sitting beside the dead bodies as each of s left the room with Key, the last.

He stayed beside the bodies until the sun rose and fell again. He was trapped in a fabricated love, an imitation love that Rosalie struggled to escape. He was a monster.

" I'm so sorry."

He said, caressing Rosalie's ice cold skin for the last time and closed his eyes. He layed next the them with tightly closed eyes, hoping the nightmare of his life ended sooner.

-----

A/N

To Kia - Nature - Ra

I hope you understood that I had to make Jonghyun the way he was in the story. Please don't get me wrong and my main intention was to fulfill your request to include both Taemin and Jonghyun in a story together and this is the only way I could think of. Jonghyun is absolutle one of my fave SHINee members and will always will.

                                                                                     LOVE,

                                                                                                   francin200