Chapter 8

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun stumbled over a few large rocks as she ran until she slowed her pace to walking. No matter what she was going trough running always helped her. Now she unfortunately couldn't do that because she spotted two familiar figures standing about a mile away.

Baekhyun and Sehun.

She swore quietly and squatted down, hiding behind a tree.

"I don't know how you handle Eun so well. I was about to lose my mind back there", Baekhyun sighed.

Eun made a face. Such a dirty little-

Sehun chuckled. "Yeah. She's difficult I give you that."

Her jaw dropped. So they're both ganging up against her now? Not on my watch.

"What were you guys doing there anyways? You looked like you wanted to strangle one other." she heard Sehun ask.

She changed her position so she could see better and noticed Baekhyun's eyeroll very similar to her own.

"Oh believe me we almost did." he snorted. "I made a mistake and asked her to help me practice for my date tomorrow."

"Wait what, you have a date? With who?" Sehun interrupted.

After that there was a certain amount of guy talk which she'd rather like to ignore.

"Well good luck for that." Sehun shrugged as they walked closer to her spot.

"Eun didn't help at all though. Can you believe she insulted my pickup lines? Unbeliavable."

"Yes, I can actually."

"Hey!"

Sehun laughed as Baekhyun punched his shoulder playfully. Sehun smiling was a pretty amazing sight. The way his lips curled up and his straight row of white teeth appeared behind his lips made him look almost irrisistably attractive.

"But seriously, that girl must have never received such good pickup lines in her life", Baekhyun said. Eun snorted quietly. "Or then she's never been on a date. That's no wonder actually."

Sehun could tell Baekhyun was obviously joking but his words still stung him for some reason. "Don't talk about her like that." He grumbled making Baekhyun glare at him, startled.

"Relax, I was joking... Why are you getting so worked up?" he wondered but Sehun just brushed him off and continued walking, alarmingly close to Eun now.

Baekhyun's eyes grew larger. "Wait- You didn't... Did you?"

Sehun looked at him annoyed. "Did I what?" He though he caught a familiar scent in the distance but Baekhyun's questioning distracted him enough to let it go.

Baekhyun looked around them as if to check if someone was listening, missed Eun and whispered something in his ear which Eun couldn't possibly hear from such a distance.

She watched as Sehun's face went totally blank and pale for a moment.

"Nope." he then said going back to normal his normal look. "No. That's impossible. She is a human Baekhyun. It can't be."

What is he talking about?  Eun furrowed her eyebrows. What else could she be than human? Unless they were talking about wolves which she doubted because if they knew about werewolves they'd have to be hunters.

Which was not the case.

"Just saying mate, those things have happened." Baekhyun raised his hands in surrender.

"Not with me. Now let's go." Sehun said and with that they both stormed off.

After a while Eun got up and sat on one of the large rocks next to her. If they knew about werewolves they had to be hunters, there was no other explanation. But then one of them must have recognized Eun since her reputation was quite large around here. Not to brag or anything. 

Unless someone had told them but that was breaking the laws. No hunter could be telling humans about werewolves. It lead to certain consequences, such as losing your spot as a hunter and going back to normal life, unallowed to any association with the hunter life. 

The final option was Sehun and Baekhyun being werewolves which was impossible. Eun would've sensed them somehow already. This might sound weird but she had been doing this job for so long that she could kind of sense this energy radiating from a werewolf so she could sense when one was around and she didn't get those vibes from Sehun or his friends. And if they were werwolves they would have been executed or at least caught already.
She would definitely have to dig in this later.

Her thoughts wandered back to the fight she had with her dad and her head sinked in her palms with a frustrated sigh. She had never had an argument with her father. They were always in sync and if they felt the need to discuss something, they did it wisely with no yelling or harsh words. It surprised her how he had gotten so worked up though she should've guessed it would happen when Mi Young had been brought up.

Ki Moon was always on thin ice over discussing his past wife. He still wasn't over her death and it ate him up every day.

Finally after a long time Eun got up and headed home. She needed to face her father sooner or later. 

 

                                                                                 ----


"Eun? Is that you?" she heard his voice after she'd closed the front door. She took her shoes and jacket off after following his voice to the living room.

He was there sitting on the sofa, his expression looking worn out, revealing he had been thinking about their argument too.

Eun looked down on her toes as she sat down next to him on the sofa.

Ki Moon let out a sigh before looking at his daughter.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." he really was. He shouldn't have used such harsh words with her. He regretted it.

Eun kicked her feet together still unable to face him. "It's okay. You had every right to."

Ki Moon shifted in his spot and Eun raised her head to look at him. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I've been giving it a lot of though and I was wrong." Eun admitted. "It was childish of me to state otherwise and I even went to such extints as making a new law of it! I don't know what was I thinking and I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

On her walk home she had been thinking about things a lot. She didn't understand what had happened to her at all. She had always hated wolves. For what they did to her mother, of course, but also because of what they were doing to other people. All the time. And the hunters were the only ones who could help them. That is why she chose to become one. To help protect those who couldn't protect themselves. That was what she loved doing. And she hated werewolves from the bottom of her heart.

Every single one of them.

And when she though of it now, she actually did know what had gotten into her. She kept thinking about the people in her school. How easy their lives were. They didn't have to constantly think about what was better for others or how to kill a werewolf. They didn't have to be scared for their own lives or the lives of their loved ones. They didn't know about the dangers that awaited them in the woods. They had no clue. They had no clue about the people that put their lives on the line to protect them.

They were normal.

And sometimes, Eun wanted to be normal too.

It was a luxury she couldn't afford.

"Sweetie." Ki Moon's voice was gentle. "Don't be ashamed. You're young. People make mistakes. You're not the only one who has difficulties in their career as a hunter."

Eun made a helpless face. "But you never had any! I'm supposed to be good. I'm supposed to be saving people, not wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter