Chapter 16

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Step away from the girl."

The words left his mouth the second he saw Himchan circling in on Eun Mi who was being tied to a chair in the middle of the room.

Eun Mi's eyes were pinned on Sehun and he could see the worry in them.

Sehun momentarily let his eyes soften and lock with hers. You're okay. I'm going to get you out of here. I got you. Sehun tried everything in his power to get the message through to her, and something about the honesty and determination in his glance brought comfort to Eun Mi.

She nodded slowly and felt her shoulders relax just a bit. She felt this wave of relief wash over her.

Sehun was here. He'd come to help her. He came for me.

Now it was time to start thinking about what she could do to help herself out of the ropes so she could possibly be of help to Sehun.

"It's a bit unfair for you to be in your fluffy form, don't you think?" Sehun taunted Himchan teasingly, wanting to get a rise out of him. He didn't exactly know what he would do to protect himself since he couldn't change into his wolf form in front of Eun Mi, but he'd figure it out when the time came. Right now his main focus was to get Himchan away from Eun. "But then again, this way I don't have to hear you talk, so that's a plus."

Himchan growled timidly and turned his back on Eun Mi, just as Sehun had hoped he would.

"I'm just curious, what did you think you were going to achieve with this plan? What were you trying to accomplish? Fill me in here, man."

As Sehun kept provocating Himchan, Eun Mi suddenly stopped trying to wiggle herself out of the ropes she was tied in as something registered in her brain and her stomach dropped.

Himchan was in his wolf form. That she understood long ago. It didn't faze her. She'd seen that before, up close.

But Sehun was here now. He was human. So why was he just standing there, full of confidence, running his mouth to a wolf without as much as a flinch? As if he'd known what Himchan was all along?

Eun Mi's somewhat of a calm state didn't come as a total surprise to Sehun either. She looked shaken, sure, but she wasn't on the verge of a breakdown as most would very likely be.

Sehun had already had a hunch that there was something there but this confirmed it. He still had to figure out what. Eun Mi wasn't a werewolf, that was for sure.

He'd sense it off her. But something wasn't right here. There was something hidden under the surface. And the fact that he'd seen Dong Chul, who happened to be her best friend, in hunter gear was really throwing him off. Where does Eun Mi fit in all of this?

But before he could start figuring that out, he had to get them both out of here.

"You were just going to take Eun Mi, bring her here, tie her up to a chair, and then what? I'm just trying to understand, what for...?" Sehun wondered, his questions mostly sincere. He really did not understand why Himchan and his pack would have brought her here. What business did she have with them? How was she that much of a threat to them...? A human girl?

And most importantly, why was Himchan showing his wolf form to Eun Mi? Why was she being completely calm about it?

Himchan let out a frustrated groan and shifted his eyes between Eun and Sehun. Sehun guessed he was wondering whether he had the time to change back before Sehun would untie Eun Mi and get her the hell out of here or not.

Being aware of 's inability, he probably came to a conclusion that he would not get whatever it was he wanted out of her in the first place, since Sehun was already here too, so he adjusted to growling at him, signalling that this was not over and leapt towards the corner, where Sehun had left his pack, unconscious.

Sehun stared after him, wanting nothing more than to just run after him and beat him senseless but when he heard Eun Mi's relieved whimper behind him, all his focus was regained on her.

He spun around on his heels and raced to her side, kneeling behind her chair to pull at the ropes, trying to get them off of her wrists and ankles.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Sehun asked, voice laced with worry as one of the ropes started to loosen in his grip. It was a good thing he had his supernatural strength because these ropes weren't the lightest material.

Eun Mi kept nodding her head. "I'm okay. Thank you for coming."

Sehun finally got her free of the ropes and moved so that he was standing before her and only then he noticed the large, purple bruise that had formed on her left eye, with a small cut in the middle of it.

Sehun felt his blood run cold as his breaths got staggered. He slowly raised his hand up to brush his thumb over the bruise, ever so gently, but his voice was cold as ice. "He touched you?"

Sehun was shaking with rage. He did not know why but the thought of Himchan, or anyone for that matter, hurting Eun Mi made him want to destroy everything in his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter