Chapter 3

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                         

 

"I don't like you."

Eun's words kept echoing in Sehun's mind as he drove towards the house back in the woods. She didn't like him? Sehun frowned and fastened his speed. How was it even possible for someone to not like him? Suddenly his alpha's words came back to him. 'You're too cocky for your own good.' He snorted and took a left turn. Maybe he was. He buried his frustration at the back of his brain. What did Eun's opinion of him even matter? She was just a human. She didn't matter. He was just surprised for her to use such strong words and even more, towards him.

Well, the words theirselves weren't strong but the way she'd said them - like she actually really meant them.

The other cars started to slowly disapper from his side and the asphalt got thinner and eventually vanished as he arrived to the woods. From the distance he could hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol bicker inside the house. He shook his head. Sometimes he really doubted he was really the youngest one in the pack.

He killed the engine and got out of the car taking his keys with him.

His car was a white Audi. He could've gone with something more impressing but he didn't feel the need to show off with objects or money so he just chose a car to his own liking.

So what if Eun didn't like him? Sehun's lips suddenly curved up into an evil smirk. He sure as hell was going to make her.

Sehun jogged up to the front porch and stepped in the house - to a chaos.

Like he had said, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were arguing about something pointless while pointing their fingers toward each others, Kyungsoo was trying hard not to lose his and Kai - what he was the guy doing? From the looks of it, he was doing something, being really into it, shaking his hands and swinging his hips from side to side - oh for the love of God, was he dancing?

All the noise and movement suddenly stopped when Sehun slammed the door shut.

"Finally." Kyungsoo sighed in relief looking like he would pass out at any moment.

"What the hell took you so long?" Kai frowned after he had stopped danc- he didn't even want to say the word.

The sight he'd just seen a few moments ago might have seriously traumatized him for good.

"I told you." Sehun said lazily while hanging his jacket to the knob. "I was running."

He always kept some spare clothes in his car in case if he needed to run and when that happened, his clothes got ripped apart unless he didn't have the time to undress.

"Yeah." Chanyeol said from the couch. "You said you'd be back soon, it's been like, what, three hours?"

"I'm here aren't I? Stop whining." Sehun growled quietly. Chanyeol murmured something which Sehun chose to ignore and turned around to see Baekhyun behind him sniffing the air.

"Is it just me or does it smell like cherry blossoms here?" he wondered. Sehun stiffened. Since they were all werewolves, their sense of smell was very sharp.

And right now the smell of cherry blossoms was all over him.

Eun's scent.

The others started to catch on the scent too.

"Yeah why do you smell like flowers?" Chanyeol asked too.

They all stood there for a while staring at each others until Sehun started to cough awkwardly.

"I was umm-" he started. "There was a field."

That was followed by a large amount of eyebrows raising.

"A field?"Kyungsoo looked suspicious. "In the woods?"

Sehun nodded. "Yep. Well not exactly in the woods but a couple miles further on the side of the road." he lied.

"So..." Kai stretched the 'o' letter. "You were just running around in a flower field?"

Sehun pictured the image in his head and felt his cheeks flush.

"Shut up." Sehun couldn't think of anything else in that moment.

Kai was holding back a laugh.

Just then the front door flew open and Suho stepped in the room making the athmosphere shift immediately.

They all bowed their heads in front of their alpha who started to sniff the air as well.

"No offence but if this is someone's new fragrance I'm gonna have to kick you out of this pack." he joked and got rid of his jacket.

Suho was a handome guy with broad shoulders and althought he was pretty young, his expression looked older than it should have. He had seen so many things that had changed him during the years and he never really had the chance to be a child so he matured at a young age and became an alpha.

"Blame Sehun." Baekhyun said innocently, deserving a murderous glare from him.

Suho smirked and brushed his dark hair from covering his eyes.

"Speaking of the devil", he began and sat down on the couch next to the other guys. "How was school?"

Since he had been away for a few days - dealing with alpha stuff - he had missed Sehun's first days in school.

"Lame." Sehun answered and sat on the chair in front of the window. He looked at the dark sky. It was full of stars, all blinking at him. He wondered what was behind all of that.

If someone was there, watching him.

"Got any friends?" Suho asked with a smile. Kyungsoo snorted.

"Look at him." Sehun heard him mutter.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Don't need 'em."

"Seriously." Suho emphasized.

"Nope. No one with an intelligence big enough to be worth talking to."

"You are just too damn picky because they are human..." Baekhyun sighed.

Sehun ignored him again and Suho was ready to hit him with the next guestion.

"Any girls?" he asked with an evil smirk.

Sehun snorted loudly. "Please."

"Well?" Suho raised a brow.

Sehun thought about it. Of course there were girls but they were all human so he didn't bother to look at them. The only girl he had encountered with was Eun Mi.

"There's this one girl." he began and immediatedly the guys around him started to make noises earning another eye roll from him. I'm surrounded by idiots.

"Tell me more, are you finally starting to actually feel something towards another being?" Baekhyun cupped his own cheeks in a mocky awe and smirked.

"This is a miracle." Chanyeol added.

"Yeah. I am." Sehun said earning a pleased look from his alpha. "I hate her."

With that the expression faded.

", I got excited." Baekhyun muttered.

"Now if you'll excuse me, someone has to wake up early to go to school." Sehun groaned and left the room, walking up the stairs.

His thoughts wandered to Eun. The way she talks is so annoying, like she's not capable of answering even a single guestion without being rude or sarcastic and she has this resting face on like half of the time. I don't know, she's just so... Annoying. 

Sehun realized that his description sounded an awful lot like himself.

If it was as bad being with him than it was with her, he was seriously starting to feel sorry towards his pack.

 

 


Eun woke up to her alarm and let out a loud yawn. Maybe she had been a little too rude to Sehun yesterday but he had been so damn self centered she just couldn't shut up.

At least now he would propably leave her alone if he had anything in that head of his.

"Dad?" she called him hoping he was home. She wasn't feeling like walking to school today.

"Right here!" she heard his answer from downstairs. She got out of bed and did a small victory dance.

She started putting her uniform on. "You happen to be free now?"

There was a short silence. "Maybe. Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering if you'd take me to school?" she asked, praying silently in her head, brushing her hair.

"What's wrong with your legs?" he grumbled.

"Please!" she whined.

"Fine. Five minutes."

She grinned widely. That's what I'm talking about.

"What do you mean five minutes? I'm all ready to go!" she said as she hurried to brush her teeth.

She could hear him snort. "As if..."

When Eun was ready, she flew down the stairs and they were ready to go.

 

 


Ki Moon was driving her daughter to school, watching her from the rear-view mirror. Eun Mi was singing along to some song which played on the radio and Ki Moon had to cringe to stop himself from letting out a groan. His ears were in pain. Don't get him wrong he loved his daughter more than anything else in the world but if there's one thing she didn't inherit from her mother it was the ability to sing.

He didn't want to mock her but seriously it was starting to sound like a cat dying a slow, painful death.

Ki Moon made a painful expression and switched the radio off, earning a confused look from Eun.

"Why did you do that? I was singing..." Eun pouted.

Her dad smirked. That's exactly why, sweetheart.

"Didn't like the song." he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter