Why Don't You Smile For Me Now? (Hoya) | ranniekimura

Be Mine, Infinite? - Infinite Oneshot Request Shop

Aleina's POV

Why the hell am I here again? Oh yeah... it's because I'm related to that guy over there.

I glared at my cousin, who was sitting next to me. He felt my stare and turned towards me. "Yah! Quit it! I know you would rather be anywhere but this place! It will only take twenty minutes, at the most!"

I sighed. We were on our way to his workplace, where he had to collect his schedule for the upcoming week and have a little chat with s.

Since he stayed over at my family's place for a party, he decided to take me along with him. "Myungsoo, once it passes twenty-one minutes, I'm leaving you!" I warned him, while he just rolled his eyes and smiled slightly.

Yup, my cousin was in that famous band, Infinite. The one that was apparently the most "attractive" in the group. I say this with the most sarcastic voice I could muster up.

I loved my cousin to death, and wouldn't mind going to the Woolim building, except there was one tiny problem... Well, rather a tall, annoying somebody, who went by the name of Lee Howon. It's not that I had anything against his existence, it's just that he always finds a way to argue something that I say... Annoying, right?

His cheesy smile was the worst. It honestly made me want to punch him in the face. Just thinking of him made me cringe.

We got to the Woolim building and headed inside. I saw the receptionist, and waved 'hi' to her happily, while she gave me a wave back. She wasn't able to greet, since she was busy talking on the phone. She was one of the friends I made over the countless visits I made to this building.

When we got to the fifth floor, I saw Jiae, one of the trainees here at Woolim. She bowed to Myungsoo, and gave a small greeting. Myungsoo turned to me and said, "I'll be right back."

I turned to Jiae and she smiled at me. We both greeted each other with a tight hug. "Aleina! I was so upset when I found out you were going on vacation to Hawaii last month! I was hoping to hang out with you! Well, at least you're back now! How was your vacation?"

"It was awesome! There was this cute guy at the hotel I was staying at! We should definitely hang out this weekend, since I'm free!" I replied.

She nodded her head and said, "I need it! I'm tired from all this training! I need an actual human from the real world to tell what I've been missing out on!"

I couldn't help, but chuckle at her dramatic voice. She would make a great actress, one day, I thought to myself.

"Well, I gotta get going! My umma is waiting for me outside! It was nice seeing you!" She smiled and waved at me, while I waved back.

I turned into the empty hallway and sighed, "Now what?" I continued to stare at the door that Myungsoo walked into just a few moments ago.

I heard footsteps coming my way, but didn't bother to turn around. "Aleina! You're here?!" Voices shouted.

I turned to see Infinite standing down the hall. I smiled and waved to them, "Hey guys!"

"What brings you here to Woolim?" Woohyun asked, giving me a hug. One by one, they all came and greeted me.

"Oh, Myungsoo needed to get his schedule for the week, then we're gonna go out afterwards!" I smiled.

Sunggyu oppa nodded and said, "That's good! At least you'll be able to spend some more quality time with your cousin!"

"Yah~ Did you forget about me?" An annoying voice came from behind them. I tiptoed to see above Sungjong's head and saw Hoya standing there, pouting.

"Ewww... Please, stop making that face! My eyesight is gonna get worse!" I stuck my tongue out at him, while the members laughed.

Dongwoo knuckle touched me, and commented, "Nice one!"

Hoya just rolled his eyes at us, while I stuck my tongue at him.

"Now, now... children! Can't you guys be civil with each other just for a little while?" Sungyeol came in between our glaring contest.

"Pshh, she was the one who started it!" Hoya pouted, while I tried not to gag. 

"Wow, seriously you two? I'm gone for literally three minutes, and you're already at each other's throats? Aish..." We all turned to see Myungsoo standing with their manager, shaking his head.

"Oppa! You ready to go now?" I was happy to see that he was done with whatever it was that he was called here for. He nodded his head and replied, "Yeah, I just need to talk with the members... minus Hoya, that is."

He turned to Hoya and said, "You can watch my favorite cousin for two seconds, right hyung? And please... try not to kill each other while I'm gone!"

The rest of Infinite along with Myungsoo entered the room with their manager, leaving the me with Hoya in the hallway. 

"Aish..." I grumbled, and walked to the other end of the hall, away from him.

Why do I hate him again? I mean... he is kinda nice, besides the fact that he loves to showoff his dancing skills. Not to mention, he's actually hand-- Hold up! Gotta stop thinking about him. Did you forget that you hate him, Aleina?!

Hoya's POV

I glanced at Aleina to see that her eyebrows were furrowed and a adorable pout was on her lips. I smiled slightly at the cute expression on her face.

I thought entered my head, and I soon realized that this was a set-up... Me and Aleina? Infinite, manager hyungs, and Myungsoo? They all know about my less-than-tiny infatuation with her ever since I met her! Those fools! Thinking I wouldn't figure it out!

I turned to Aleina and saw her staring at me. She quickly turns away with her cheeks a tinge of red on them... That's normal, right? It's kinda hot in here... Who am I kidding, it's a freaking igloo in here!

I sighed to myself, and thought 'Might as well get this over with!' 

I got up off my seat, and walked towards her end of the hall. I saw her tense up a bit, and she avoided looking my way. I stood right next to her, and she still wasn't acknowledging my presence.

"Aleina?" I called her.

She looked towards me, as if she didn't see me, "Oh! Hoya! What brings you here to this side of the hall?!"

Why was she avoiding looking at me?

"Oh, look at the time! I forgot I had something planned! Tell Myungsoo oppa that I left and am sorry!" She stood up.

"You don't even have a watch!" I pointed out. "Why are you so nervous, huh?"

"I'm not nervous, and watches are overrated!" She replied, crossing her arms.

I suddenly knew what was going on... the blushing, the nervousness... It was me... causing this to her... Interesting.

I smirked and lowered my head to her ear, "Do I make you nervous, Aleina-ah?"

With that, she tensed up and backed away from me. "N-No.. Of course not!" She stuttered out.

I was about to reply, when Infinite came out.

Myungsoo called her over, as he pressed the elevator button. She quickly ran to him, while I walked towards Infinite.

The two said their goodbyes and entered the elevator. While Myungsoo was on his cell, Aleina kept her gaze on me.

I mouthed, 'It's not over yet' I gave her a smirk, while she looked away as the doors closed.

"What the hell did you do to poor Aleina?" Sunggyu asked. I just smiled at them knowingly and walked away.

A few seconds later, I got a text from Myungsoo that read "My cousin is beet red. Thanks a lot, hyung!"

I laughed and couldn't wait to see her again.