Picture Perfect (Myungsoo) | disfuncshional

Be Mine, Infinite? - Infinite Oneshot Request Shop

Raera's POV

"Hey, are you doing anything after school today?" My friend, Jinri, otherwise known as Sulli, whispered to me as we were studying in the library.

"Oh, actually I am! I'm going to have a late dinner with Woohyun tonight after we get out of school." I whispered back, trying to focus on my studying for the university exams.

"Really? Aigoo, I wish I had a friendship like that with someone!" Sulli pouted as she turned the page of her Calculus notebook.

"Yah~ What am I to you, then?" I asked, feeling a little offended.

She just shook her head in reply and said, "No! I meant with a boy! I wish I had a guy friend that I'm close with!"

"What about Taemin? You two seem close..." I replied, my eyes still on the book in front of me.

"Yeah... I guess..." She sighed and we went back to our self-study.

I was finally getting the concept of a science question when I was rudely interrupted by the screeching sound of the chair next to me.

I turned to find the person who annoyed me to no end... Kim Myungsoo, aka L. The kingka of Woolim High, who had the biggest ego.

"Park Raera~ so... you finally came to your senses and decided to accept my offer on that date?" He smirked and gave me a wink, which made me want to gag.

The reason he annoys me --- he doesn't know what "no" means. Seriously, he's been trying to take me out ever since the end of second year!

I put on a fake smile and replied, "Look, Myungsoo-shii. I would really appreciate it if you'd stop asking me out. My answer isn't going to change!"

He scowled at me and said, "Is there something wrong in your head? I have girls at my feet trying to get me to go out on dates with them, but you just easily reject my generous offer!"

"Sorry, but I'm not one of your little L-fangirls! And why the hell would I go out with a cocky bastard like you?" I replied, closing my books and storming out of the library.

On my way to my locker, Sulli caught up with me saying, "Y'know, you should give him a chance! You never know, he might not be as cocky as you think! If you get him away from his fangirls, he'd probably show you his true personality!"

I rolled my eyes, as I put my books back into my locker. Sulli sighed and said in a sing-song voice, "You never know~ He may surprise you!"

I shot her a glare, and she laughed and ran down the hall.

Slowly, I walked out of the school to go meet Woohyun at the gate.

I saw him playing a game on his phone, and greeted him. "Hey, Woohyun oppa!"

He looked up and put away his phone. He gave me his 1000-watt smile and waved happily at me, "Annyeong, Rae-ah!"

He pulled me into a tight hug, and said, "Oh, you're gonna love me when I take you to where we're gonna eat!"

I was having trouble escaping his grasp, and replied, "A-ah, o-oppa! You're suffocating me!" He quickly let go of me, and took hold of my hand.

"Kaja~!" He started walking towards the metro station.

Myungsoo's POV

I watched as she left the library, shocked at what she just said.

I turned to her friend and asked, "Am I really that conceited?"

She shrugged and answered, "You tend to brag about yourself more than the average person."

She left me there to think of what she just said.

I shook my head and muttered, "That girl doesn't know anything. I'm not that cocky!"

I walked out of the school and saw Raera walking towards one of my classmates, Woohyun.

They know each other? I wondered, as I continued watching them.

All of a sudden, Woohyun attacked Raera with a hug. I felt my fists clench, but I didn't do anything.

A few seconds later, he let her go and grabbed her hand, leading her away from the school.

As I watched them walk away, I had a sinking feeling in my heart. "Eh, I don't like this feeling." I muttered to myself, as I ignored it and continued walking towards the gate.

The Next Day at School (Lunch)

I walked into the cafeteria with Sungyeol, and as we were on the line for food, I scanned the tables.

I spotted Raera sitting in between Sunggyu and Woohyun. "How the hell does she know so many people from my class?"

"What?" Sungyeol turned to me with a confused look.

I nodded over to their table and asked, "Park Raera. How does she know Woohyun and Sunggyu?"

He glanced over at them and he gave me a smirk, "Ohh, her~ Yeah, she's like best friends with Woohyun eversince middle school! Where have you been? And Sunggyu-hyung? They're on the student council together."

I was annoyed at the fact that they were so close with each other, specifically Woohyun, since he was practically sharing the same seat as her.

From the corner of my eye I spotted her friend talking to Lee Taemin. "Sungyeol, just get me a slice a sandwich, okay? I'll meet you at the table." I handed him the money, and approached them.

"Hey, Taemin." I nodded at him, while he just nodded back at me.

"You're Raera's friend, right?" I said to the girl.

She smirked and replied, "The name's Sulli. What do you want to know about my friend Raera, huh?"

"Do you think you can help me get a date with her? After that, she'd at least know if she wants to actually go out with me or not." I reasoned.

She thought it over and looked to Taemin, as if asking permission. He just sighed, while Sulli smiled and turned to me. "We'll both help you, since we're the closest to her after Woohyun."

I shook hands with her and Taemin, and left for my table.

Raera's POV

"What are you doing today?" Taemin asked me, since his locker was right next to mine.

"Oh, uhh... Woohyun wanted to go and get ice cream today after school. I would invite you to come with us, but last time I invited Sunggyu... Woohyun was kinda mad at me for two days." I chuckled, remembering how he would glare and turn away from me everytime I tried to talk.

Taemin laughed and replied, "Yeah, I wouldn't want that to happen again... Sooo... I'll see you later!" 

I turned to ask him why he was in a rush, but once I turned, he was long gone. 

"Weird..." I muttered to myself.

An hour later at the ice cream parlor

Woohyun was busy deciding whether he should get mint chocolate chip or oreo ice cream, while I was sitting at our table.

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone sit in the seat acroos from me.

"So, which ice cream did you finally decide on, Woohyun?" I looked up, and my eyes widened at Myungsoo, smirking with a lollipop in his mouth.

"I've never been a fan of ice cream... It melts fast. Want a lollipop?" He took out a cherry lollipop from his jacket pocket. I sighed as I accepted it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, annoyed. He smiled and said, "Well, you looked pretty lonely sitting here all alone! Where's that boyfriend of yours?"

I gave him a confused look and said, "You mean Woohyun? He's not my boyfriend." I shuddered at the thought of dating my own best friend.

"Hey, Rae-ah! After a lot of thinking, I finally decided on a flavor!" Woohyun walked to the table and stopped once he saw Myungsoo sitting in his seat.

"Oh~ L, wassup? You two know wach other?" He looked between the two of us.

"Unfortunately..." I muttered. Myungsoo just smiled brightly and replied, "Oh yeah, hyung! We're really close! We always talk during class, and we even share a table in the library when we study!"

I scoffed, "More like you talk nonstop while I try to pay attention to the teacher." 

"Oh, seriously?! Cool! Hey, I actually got to go! It's a good thing you came by L! Now, you'll be able to keep Raera company! Byeee~" Woohyun smiled, and gave me my ice cream and ran out of there.

I stared at the entrance, hoping he was kidding. 

"Ahhh, I was wondering when he'd leave!" Myungsoo said and I noticed he had a camera next to him on the table.

"Is that your camera?" I gestured towards it. He smiled and nodded, "Yup! It's a hobby of mine, actually."

I smiled and replied, "Really?! Me too! However, my camera is at home right now."

"Seriously? You wanna go to the park now, and have a little photoshoot?" He suggested.

My eyes brightened at the idea, and I eagerly agreed. He stood up and took hold of my hand, "Come on! Let's go~"

Woohyun's POV

I exited the ice cream parlor and was faced with Taemin and Sulli standing nearby.

"Are you sure this is going to work? Their common interest in photography will bring them together?" I asked, unsure of their so-called 'brilliant' plan.

Taemin nodded and replied, "Yeah, hyung! Trust us--" He was caught off when Sulli yelped and dragged us away from the sidewalk into an alleyway.

"Omo, that was close! We almost got caught by those two!" She pointed and we turned to see L and Raera walking, hand in hand, towards the park.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go follow them!" I said.

Raera's POV

I was admiring the rows of trees before us with their bright orange leaves, when I saw a flash from the corner of my eye.

I turned and saw Myungsoo looking at his camera. He glanced up at me and smirked, "I couldn't resist. You looked so peaceful."

He showed the picture, and I had to admit that he was right. The lighting was perfect, and I had a tranquil look on my face.

We ended up taking tons of pictures with his camera. Taking turns on solo shots and even shots of the two of us together.

I was looking through the pictures and couldn't help but notice the fact that Myungsoo looked great in every shot.

Well, of course! He'd look good even if he was covered in mud and dirt... I found myself thinking. I shook my head, trying to get those thoughts away from my mind.

"Waah, Raera! I personally love this picture of you!" Myungsoo's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even notice that he took the camera away from my hands.

He was too busy showing me the picture, that he didn't notice how close we were on the bench.

I looked at the time, and saw that it was already 5 o'clock. I stood up quickly and said, "I better get going. It's getting dark already."

Myungsoo stood up and smiled genuinely, "Well then, I'll walk you home!" 

My house was only a few blocks away from the park, so we arrived at my house only after a five minute walk.

"Well, L-shii... Thank you for today! It was surprisingly fun!" I smiled at him.

"T-That's the first ime you called my by my nickname." He grinned happily. I smiled and laughed at his reaction.

"Oh! But you have to call me 'oppa' instead. If you're not comfortable with that... Maybe you can try 'jagiya' or 'yeobo', whichever is better for you!" He smirked at me.

I hit him playfully and said, "Yah! I think I'll just stick with 'oppa' for now!" 

He pointed at me and stuck his tongue out, "Ha! You said 'for now'! Which implies that you plan on calling me those in the future!" 

Before I could yell at him, he gave me a peck on the cheeks and ran away. 

"Bye, Rae-ah! See you tomorrow in school, yeoja chingu!" He yelled back.

I smiled and walked into my house, feeling happy that I got the chance to know the true Kim Myungsoo.

"Aigoo, I guess Sulli was right all along!" I said as I took my shoes off. Sulli wasn't going to let this go so easily.

Taemin's POV

The three of us smiled as we saw Myungsoo running away from her. 

"YEEEES! My genius plan worked! I'm so good!" Sulli patted herself on the back.

Woohyun and I shared a look. Woohyun made a weirded out face at Sulli who was dancing, before whispering to me, "You should really confess to her... She needs a boyfriend."

"Yah!!! HYUUUNG!" I smacked in the head and tried to hide the blush forming on my face from Sulli.

Sulli just shrugged and proceeded to call Raera to see if her friend had any news to tell her.