You're the Only One to Me (Sunggyu) | listeningsoul

Be Mine, Infinite? - Infinite Oneshot Request Shop

 Jiwon's POV

"Hey, Jiwonnie! Do you have a date to prom, yet?" Sungjong asked me, while we were eating our lunch.

All the guys looked up at me, waiting for my answer.

"Eh? Well, a few guys asked me... but I all said no to them." I replied, looking down at my food.

"Waaah~ I didn't know you were such a heartbreaker!" Woohyun teased me, while I just rolled my eyes.

"May we know who asked you?" Sunggyu asked, he seemed to be glaring at his food when he said this.

"Well, you know Byunghun from that group who call themselves Teen Top? He was one of them." I said, taking a sip from my water.

"L.Joe? The dude with the bad perm and carrot hair?" Dongwoo was trying to hold in his laughter, but failed. We all ended up laughing, except for Sunggyu oppa, who was busy looking towards Teen Top's table.

"Hey, guys! I gotta head to the computer lab before lunch ends! I'll see you guys in History class, kay?" I gathered up my lunch and left.

No One's POV

"Hey, hyung! You could stop glaring at Teen Top! She said no to him!" Sungyeol chuckled as he continued with his lunch.

"You gotta step up your game, hyung! Seriously... She's probably the prettiest girl in this school, and guys are gonna try and chase after her." Myungsoo warned his hyung.

"I know, I know. I've been trying to ask her to prom, but it's never a good time. We always get interrupted." Sunggyu sighed.

"Why don't you go to her at the computer lab! Just do it!" Hoya patted his back.

Sunggyu took a deep breath, and got up and left.

Once he entered he saw sitting down looking at her history paper on the computer screen.

He took the seat next to her, and she looked over at him.

She smiled and looked at the paper. "Hey, oppa! Do you mind checking my history paper? See if there are any mistakes?"

Sunggyu shook his head and replied, "Yeah, of course!" 

They switched seats, and she started checking her email on the computer that Sunggyu previously occupied.

She heard Sunggyu typing away, and thought My God, I must've made a lot of mistakes.

Jiwon's POV

After five minutes, Sunggyu tapped my shoulder saying, "I'm done. You can just take a look at your last paragraph. I made some changes there."

I nodded my head and thanked him. I scrolled down to the last page to see what he changed, but was surprised at what was typed there.

Jiwon-ah! I know this may sound weird... but I was wondering if you would like to be my date for the prom? 

Omo~~~~ Did Sunggyu ask me out to prom just now?! Waaah~ Breathe, breathe. Stay cool. I thought to myself.

I turned to him to see him staring right at me. "Well, what do you say?" He looked a little worried.

"Uh, no... I mean YES! Yes, yes. I would love to go to prom with you, Sunggyu!" I replied. He let out a long sigh, and smiled at me.

"I'm glad... We should get going! We wouldn't want to be late for history, now would we?" He offered his hand, and I took it.

When we walked into history class, we got wolf whistles and cat calls from all over the classroom. Infinite were all smirking at us, while my friends were giggling at me.

I walked up to my friends, and my best friend, Sandara Park, came up to me. "Yaaah~! Did he finally ask you to prom? Aigoo, finally you two get together!"

I rolled my eyes at what she said and replied, "Unni~ It doesn't mean anything! He just asked me as a friend!" 

All my friends shared a questioning look and Dara looked at me, "Uhhh... Are you sure? Did he specifically say 'just as friends'?"

I shrugged, "Well, why else would he ask me? Didn't he say that he liked Jiyoon unni before? He was probably upset that Jiyoon agreed to go with Dongwoon oppa!" With that, I went to sit in my seat next to Sungjong.

Dara's POV

"Oh no!! You guys! She thinks she's the second choice!" I panicked.

"We better tell Sunggyu! He needs to clear things up with Jiwonnie!" Bom suggested.

We went up to Sunggyu, who was talking to Dongwoo and Woohyun, and they saw our worried looks.

"What's wrong guys?" Dongwoo asked. 

"This is terrible! Jiwon only thinks that you asked her because you were upset about Jiyoon!" Hyuna proclaimed.

"Why would she think that?" He glanced at Jiwon, who was animatedly talking to Sungjong and Myungsoo.

"Probably because her brain couldn't get the message that you actually like her! Besides, where the hell did she get the idea that you like Jiyoon unni?" I asked.

Sunggyu smiled sheepishly and replied, "Well, a few weeks ago... I almost gave away that I liked her cause we were playing this game... Then, I kinda lied to Jiwon saying that I liked Jiyoon, instead."

"What?! Hyung! That could've been the perfect timing to confess!" Woohyun smacked him on the back of his head.

"I know, I know. It was the first thing that came to my head! Aish, I'm so stupid!" Sunggyu sighed and banged his head onto his desk.

"Ouch!" Bommie flinched when she saw him do that.

"Don't worry! We'll do our best to help you Sunggyu! Right guys?" I said, and everyone nodded their heads in reply.

----------

The Day of the Prom

Jiwon's POV

"Jiwon honey! Sunggyu is downstairs waiting for you." My umma knocked on the door. I turned around and she gasped when she saw me. "Oh, sweetie! You look beautiful!"

Appa came around her and smiled, "Ohh, my daughter is going to break some hearts tonight!" I chuckled as he snapped a picture with his precious Nikon SLR.

"Come on, now! Don't wanna keep that boy waiting!" My parents smiled and went ahead downstairs. I took one last look at myself, before heading down.

I walked down the stairs, and saw Sunggyu fiddling with a box he had in his hand. He casually looked up, and I saw his eyes widen which caused me to blush.

Once I was in front of him he took the box and opened it to reveal a light blue rose corsage that matched my dress and his tie. All the while, my appa was busy taking pictures and umma was admiring us with tears in her eyes.

Sunggyu bowed to my parents before leading me out the door and into his car.

"Jiwonnie, you look beautiful! I mean... not that you don't look beautiful every other day!" He said quickly as he started the engine.

I bowed my head, "Gomawo, oppa! You look very handsome this evening!" I looked up to see his cheeks tinted a rose color.

At the Prom

Sunggyu's POV

"God, did you two even dance, yet? Do you even know where she is?!" Hoya asked, as he took another sip of his drink.

"Yeah, this didn't turn out exactly as planned... I lost her after the second meal when I went to the bathroom. Once I got back to our table, she wasn't there anymore." I replied, scanning the crowd for her.

"Sunggyu! Oppa!" I heard a voice call my name. I turned around to see Jiyoon standing there with Dongwoon.

"Yeah?" I asked, confused.

"Jiwon! I saw her! I think L.Joe is trying to steal your date!" She informed me.

Aish, that guy doesn't know when to quit, I thought to myself. "Thanks, guys! I'll deal with him..." Dongwoon, Jiyoon, and Hoya all gave me a 'hwaiting' pose.

I walked towards Teen Top's table and saw Jiwon sitting next to L.Joe, clearly uncomfortable.

"Hey! Don't you think it's rude to steal another person's date?" I yelled at L.Joe, who just rolled his eyes.

"Dude, we were just talking. No need to yell." He gave me one of his glares. Jiwon gave me a look, and I knew that she wanted to get out of there.

"Jiwon-ah, let's go dance, okay?" I held out my hand and she immediately grabbed onto it.

"Bye, Byunghun-shii..." She muttered out quietly.

As we made our way to the dancefloor, I turned and smirked at an annoyed L.Joe.

A slow song came on and I place my hands on her hips, while she wrapped her arms around my neck.

She smiled at me and said, "Thank you for saving me back there! Byunghun-shii was a bit hostile towards me since I rejected him."

"Anytime, Jiwon-ah... Can I ask you about something?" I said and she nodded. "I heard a rumor saying that you thought that I asked you beacuse you were my second choice. I just want you to know that it's not true. You were never my second choice. You have always been my first, since the day I can remember. You're the only one to me."

She looked surprised to hear that. "Wa-wait... what about Jiyoon-unni? You told me before that you liked her."

I laughed lightly and explained, "That day... You almost figured out that I liked you, so I used that as an excuse. I've never liked Jiyoon-shii. I was the one who actually helped Dongwoon ask her out to prom."

She didn't respond and looked down at our feet, trying to hide her blush.

"Jiwonnie, I hope you can accept my confession. I understand if you don't feel the same way about me, though--" I was cut off by a yelp from her.

"O-of course, I feel the same way about you!" She covered after she realized what she said.

"You like me?" I asked, a smile forming on my lips. All she did was nod in reply.

I smiled and leaned down until our lips met. We heard a few 'woot's from Infinite and her friends.

I whispered in her ear, "Saranghae, Lee Ji Won."


Hope you guys enjoy this one! (: Don't forget to leave a comment/subscribe!