Nine.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hold on, let me get something from the gift shop.”

 

Hyeri had finally parked her car safely in the basement of the hospital as she and Chanhee exits the car and into the medical building, the pungent smell of antiseptic solutions rushing to their nostrils the moment they entered the lobby. Chanhee had spotted a pretty bouquet of pink carnations sitting on the window display on the way to Byunghun’s ward when he remembered that it had been some time since he last bought flowers for his wife. Besides carnations were an international symbolism for a mother’s love and Chanhee thought it would be the perfect gift for his beautiful wife.

 

“Alright let’s go.” It took the redhead less than five minutes to make the purchase before coming out of the store with a huge bouquet in his hands and a warm smile on his face, anticipating Byunghun’s smile when presented with the flowers.

 

But to his horror, Chanhee was greeted with a tearful Byunghun the moment he enters the ward.

 

“Channie!” The boy wounded his arms around Chanhee’s waist the moment the latter rushed to his side, abandoning the bouquet of carnations to Hyeri as he gently takes Byunghun into his arms, patting the younger’s head to comfort him.

 

“Hey hey hey, why are you crying?” Chanhee asks in his comforting bell like voice that tinkles in the air as he uses both his thumbs to wipe the tear stains off. The boy could feel a wet patch on the front of his expensive Armani blue collared shirt where Byunghun’s tears had made themselves comfy but that was the least of his worries right now.

 

“What’s wrong? Don’t cry...”

 

“I was scared, I thought… I t-thought we were going to lose our child Channie ah!” Byunghun wails louder into Chanhee’s embrace, hugging Chanhee tighter as his tears started making another wet patch on Chanhee Armani dress shirt.

 

“Oh sweetheart...” Chanhee pries Byunghun’s death grip around him off as he held the boy by his arms, looking lovingly into his eyes. His heart shattering into a thousand pieces the moment he sees Byunghun’s tear stained face. His wife’s eyes were all swollen and puffy and nose runny and red. At the moment, the boy looked like a cat drenched in a thunderstorm.

 

“It’s okay, everything’s okay now. Our baby bunny is doing fine too. Our baby’s a little fighter, just like you.” Chanhee bumps his nose onto Byunghun, scrunching it up as he rubbed it against Byunghun’s own before kissing the latter on his right cheek and wiping the tear stain away.

 

“Look, I bought you carnations. Aren’t they pretty? Pink carnations symbolizes a mother’s love.” Chanhee takes his bouquet of flowers from Hyeri, handing it to Byunghun who finally breaks into a small smile upon seeing the flowers as he takes the huge bouquet into his arms before placing them beside him on the bed.

 

“I love them, they’re so pretty. Thank you Channie.”

 

Byunghun sniffles, glancing down to his midsection before caressing it lovingly and drawing little circles on the surface of the sheets that rested above his baby bump. Chanhee reaches out to put his hand atop Byunghun’s one as their hands both rested just above the sheets, cherishing the moment that their child was still kicking inside of Byunghun’s womb.

 

“Bunny’s quite the active one huh.” Chanhee chuckles as he feels the insane movements of his unborn child beneath the sheets, kicking and moving inside of his wife.

 

From as far as Chanhee could remember, Chunsa was never this active. The child was quite a quiet baby and would only move around when Chanhee or Byunghun gently nudges on his bump. His second child was a vast difference from their first experience, he knew Byunghun occasionally jolts awake from how hard the fetus was kicking and moving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter