Eighteen.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s a boy? A son?” The corners of Sowon’s mouth twitches upwards as she tried hard not to break into a big grin.

 

Chanhee has a son now! A boy! One that can continue his legacy.

 

“Yeah imo, Byunghun gave birth to a son.” Hyeri puts the cordless phone back into its port once she has said her goodbyes to Chanhee who was on the other end of the line.

 

“But he’s still in surgery...” The younger woman’s brows knitted together, a genuine worried expression graces her features.

 

“Chanhee said his wife suffered from a hemorrhage during the delivery and they’re still trying to resuscitate him. I hope he’ll be able to pull through...” She rubs her hands together anxiously, interlocking her fingers together as she pulled her palms apart and clasped them back together repeatedly.

 

Sowon gives a slight nod, putting both her hands in each side of her pocket of the long robe she was wearing nonchalantly as she makes her way back into the guest room where she was being put up.

 

Sitting herself on the bed, she removes her right hand from her pocket and soothes the pink silk sheets as a cheshire cat smile, conspicuous yet a little menacing at the same time.

 

“Well, I hope he doesn’t pull through. That would be the real good news.”

 

She was happy though, at the thought of how Chanhee finally has a son. A son meant that he could carry on their Lee family bloodline, and help his father build a business empire.

 

But if she wanted that to happen, she had to get rid of the wretched jinx first. And in the worst case scenario that the eyesore survives, she had to come up with some sort of plan.

 

Shrugging her shoulders, she removes her left hand from her pocket too so that both her hands are free and stretches them out as she lays herself comfortably on her bed, her smile not leaving her face. At least for now he’s still not out of danger. Sowon didn’t want to think too far, yet.

 

===

 

Chanhee slips his arms into a bright blue antiseptic suit before securing it tightly by tying the strings at his back and fastening them in place before pulling a white surgical face mask over the lower half of his face. Closing his eyes, he takes in a long breath before opening them once again and opens the door to Byunghun’s ICU ward as he braces himself for his wife’s current state.

 

He has to be strong, he can’t cry. He promises to be strong, even if it wasn’t for himself. He had to be strong for his son and his precious wife lying on the other side of the door. The boy had been finally wheeled out of a 19 hour surgery and although it was successful, the doctors are unfortunately unable to guarantee Byunghun’s wellbeing. They weren’t sure when he was going to wake, they weren’t sure if he was going to be okay…

 

But Chanhee was confident that his wife would be okay. Byunghun wouldn’t bear to leave his children and him alone in this cruel world.

 

Right Byung…?

 

The redhead sits on the black plastic chair that was beside the bed quietly as he took Byunghun’s right hand into his own. The boy’s hand was so so cold. In fact the boy looked so small and so fragile amongst all the huge machines, most of his face covered a huge oxygen mask. His lips so pale Chanhee couldn’t even differentiate his wife’s complexion with the hospital sheets that he was laying in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter