Five.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’ll eat well.”

 

The dinner table was exceptionally packed be it with people or dishes. Despite how cheery everyone tried to sound, Byunghun could still feel his ants crawling angrily at the pit of his stomach as he bit lower lip down hard till he could taste the rusty metallic blood that was drawn from the sharp piercing of his upper teeth onto his lower lip. Everything felt like it was happening in dramatic slow motion like an action movie as he carefully watched Sowon put the spoon to the mouth, tilting it slightly as the warm clear soup glided off the spoon into . The boy could feel his back pricked by cold sweat as he anticipated Sowon’s reaction, hoping that she wouldn’t do something extreme like smashing his entire soup pot onto the marble flooring.

 

Thankfully Sowon just dug her spoon deep into the steaming bowl of fluffy white rice as she heaped her spoon with the grains before stuffing once more.

 

Exhaling a breath he didn’t realize he was holding, Byunghun finally turned his attention to Chunsa’s pink Hello Kitty bowl in front of him and taking a pair of baby scissors that he had prepared beforehand to cut up Chunsa’s dishes so that they can comfortably fit into her tiny mouth.

 

“Byunghun, you barely ate.” Hyeri finally piped up as she finishes her last bit of food, noticing that throughout the entire dinner Chanhee’s wife had been so preoccupied with feeding Chunsa that he barely touched his own food that was already all cold by now.

 

“It’s okay. I’m used to it. I have to finish feeding Chunsa first.” Byunghun smiles as he tried putting another spoonful of soup into Chunsa’s mouth in which she turned her head away in refusal.

 

Like every other child, Chunsa was a monster to feed. The picky eater often takes up to two whole hours to finish her meal and by the time Byunghun was done with her, his food with have been all cold and soggy. But Byunghun never minded the fact that he could never have a proper hot meal nor have his meal during a proper meal time as long as his daughter was eating well. He would always make an effort to heat up her food for her in between feeding to ensure that her food never gets cold despite how long she takes to finish. Chanhee was always concerned about his wife destroying his body this way and even offered to take turns to feed their daughter but Byunghun never lets Chanhee busy himself with it because he believes that Chanhee would have been tired out by his day’s work already and wanted Chanhee to enjoy his dinner without any worries.

 

“Sweetie just one more bite please.” Byunghun tries his best to convince his daughter to take a final bite only to have Chunsa unleashing her temper at her mother, pushing the spoon forcefully out of her face, making Byunghun lose his grip on the spoon sending it crashing to the floor.

 

Sighing, the boy just wordlessly takes Chunsa out of her highchair and lets her run off to play with her toys as Chanhee chases after the child to lecture her. As much as Byunghun wanted to discipline his child, he could never bear to raise his voice at her, she was just a child after all. She was his precious child how could he bear to raise his voice at her and see those little teardrops make its way down her cheeks. Each teardrop Chunsa shed was like a knife stab to his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter