(6)

The Reversal

It was a week ago since Seungyoon found out about the small café in the corner of their neighborhood and never did he missed a day going there since then just like how Taehyun never left his mind.

His head was occupied by the thoughts of the younger since he met him again last week and he thinks his going crazy because it’s not bothering him the slightest bit.

He actually likes it; having Taehyun back to his personal space… he loves it because he was not planning to deny that he still likes Taehyun.

The aspiring musician was now on his way to the café he was in for the past few days to get his daily dose of caffeine. He has his guitar strapped on his back because he has yet to finish one song he has commission for a friend that is due this week.  He pushed the door softly and the familiar set of bells rang as he closed it with a soft kick. His eyes automatically shoot to the counter to meet same displeased set eyes which is Taehyun’s. As usual he’ll just flash the younger a sheepish smile and approached the counter to order his drinks. Taehyun punched his orders as soon as he saw the other approach the counter, he already memorized what Seungyoon would get upon the everyday visit the older did the past few days.

“One latte and a two choco chip cookies, Sir.” Taehyun has sarcasm in his voice but Seungyoon find it cute as the younger threw a brief glare at him one last time before he could grab his order.

“Taehyun-ah is it okay if I play my guitar today too?” Ignoring the nasty look Taehyun has for him, Seungyoon once again asked the permission of the café owner. He had been occupying the table at the farthest corner of the café because he was composing some songs these past few days.

The younger nodded, taken aback as how the older would always dodge all the glares he would throw him like its nothing. He knows he looks threatening when he does that but it seems Seungyoon didn’t mind that at all. The older thank him before flashing that smile just like every day he would be visiting the café. The alarm at Taehyun’s head went off once again, for the nth time this week and he knows Seungyoon is going too far from what he wanted the older to be. He was starting to falter and it’s scaring him as he look at Seungyoon walking to his usual spot. He placed his food on the table and carefully gets his guitar out of its bag like it’s a new born baby. Taehyun would always be fascinated at how Seungyoon take care of his guitar like it’s the only thing he have.

The morning rush ended in haste and Taehyun was constantly distracted. His eyes would drift towards the young lad seated at the farthest corner of the café busy scribbling lyrics and strumming his guitar from time to time. Jinwoo was constantly snapping his fingers in front of Taehyun when a costumer would go unnoticed by the younger and the older of the two finds it amusing how Taehyun would shake his head after starring at Seungyoon for a long time.

“You’ve been starring at him for a while now you know.” Jinwoo declared the obvious as once again the he found the younger ogling at that mysterious cute guy in the corner after getting some stocks at the back room. “You’re type?” he added making Taehyun double over at the counter in surprise.

“No!” Taehyun answered only triggering his hyung’s curiosity at how defensive he is about the cute boy who had been visiting the café regularly. He eyed Taehyun a little bit more so the younger would spill the beans and he did.

“His just a classmate back at middle school.”

“ Ahhhh, the guitar guy?” Jinwoo now remembered the guy Taehyun kept of complaining back then saying he was constantly following him despite being dump and all. “So he still likes you?”

Jinwoo knew his eyes were not playing games with him when he saw Taehyun’s cheek slowly turning into a tint of light pink, eyes becoming unfocused, fingers tangled nervously as he plays with them. “Or should I ask, you like him?”

Taehyun’s eyes doubled and his mouth closed and opened as if he wanted to say something but lost with words he could use to explain the situation? He couldn’t like Kang Seungyoon right?

“You do huh?” his hyung’s voice echoed once again but he seems can’t find his own voice to at least say no. This is getting dangerous. At this rate Seungyoon will take over his life, he’ll get distract and get broken again. He had come this far, he can’t afford that, not know.

Taehyun decided to close early as his hyung was out hours ago because he had to do some errands for his mom and the younger doesn’t feel like running back in forth in the kitchen to the counter the whole day so the café was closed at 5 pm that day to the dismay of some regular but they could always come tomorrow.

All costumers started leaving one by one, finishing the remaining drops of coffee from their cups before exiting the said café except one particular costumer who is taking his precious time zipping his guitar inside its bag like he has the whole afternoon to do so. In the span of 6 hours, Seungyoon had ordered four coffee and about 6 choco chip cookies.

Taehyun cleared his throat ever so loudly so that the older could hear him and he actually did. After successfully zipping his guitar bag he flashed a smile into Taehyun’s direction and the younger visibly wobbled and he hated his self for that. Luckily Seungyoon seems clueless about how he is affecting Taehyun and proceeds towards the younger.

“Sorry for staying long again.” He apologized just like how he says sorry everyday for staying at the café too long for Taehyun’s liking.

“ I’ll be back tomorrow, bye for now.”

“It would be good if you don’t” Taehyun’s tone was the complete opposite of Seungyoon’s; menacing, cold and rude but he didn’t care, at least that’s what he wanted to believe. Seungyoon was obviously shocked at the sudden demand and the atmosphere between changed within a blink of an eye

“Why? Am I being a bother?” He isn’t, Taehyun can say not at least, but he is in a personal sense. Taehyun can’t stand him being around, why? Taehyun is still clueless but his sure about the first part.

“I don’t like being around you.” He says like poison in his tongue, he spits it nonetheless. Silence followed as Taehyun observed Seungyoon’s expression looking for the slightest of faltering but he didn’t. The busy  honking of cars in the street just few blocks away seems unheard between the two as the tension rises.

“Why?” was all Seungyoon had to utter as he looks Taehyun straight in the eye. The younger almost looked away but he won’t, he will never.

“I told you before right? I don’t like you following me around.” His arms are now folded in front of his chest with superiority and confident but his voice almost failed him with a last second crack but he managed.

The older looked at him some more before sighing, shoulder slumped and brows furrow in a frown. Seungyoon bit on his lower lip for a second as he think of what else he could say to this stubborn guy in front of him but he found none and he sighs once again as he brought back his gaze towards the younger.

“It’s not following you around Taehyun-ah.” He had to say at least. How can he be just simply following him around when he brings a bouquet of flower every now and then and box of chocolate or two within a week? It’s not following at all.

“Then what do you call it? You hanging all day here in the café? I don’t care about what you call it just stop.” His being selfish again just like back then but he could manage to be selfish one last time right? He can’t afford to get distracted at this point, he had reached this far he can’t stop just like that.

“I told before right? It’s courting. It’s called courting Taehyun-ah.”

“Cou-courting?”

“Hmm.” Seungyoon nodded. “ It’s when you pursue the person you like.”

**

Taehyun was now all alone in the café. It’s been hours since he had put the “CLOSE” sign outside but he was still inside lost on his thought.

He look at the door for the nth time seeing the image of the living Kang Seungyoon and something inside him broke just like that day back then.

“Its-it’s not following Taehyun-ah” Seungyoon’s voice was shaking back then as he recall the scene in the rooftop that one afternoon he called for him to come. “It’s called cou-rting.” He remembered looking all puzzled as he looks at the trembling boy in front of him, looking all fragile and broken but Seungyoon still did his best to look at him in the eye when he said, “ It’s when you pursue the one you like, and I like you… I like you so much.”

Seungyoon ran after that and all Taehyun could do was look at his retreating back feeling his chest tighten and he knew back then le lost someone, someone precious.

 

**

A/N

i know i've been neglecting this fic for weeks but mianhe

SHINee's cb week got me so busy

i know i'm talking bout my other fandom in here is weird but i hope you

guys take time and check out their mv:)

oh well i updated and i hope you all like it.
Please do subscribe, up vote or comment ~

Comments are love so keep them coming

i'll be updating as much as i can, pyongg!!

p.s did you see SNL korean with shinee last nyt.ehehehehe

and i miss WINNER sooooooooooooo much TT.TT