(12)

The Reversal

The graduating middle schooler was giddy and excited for the whole day and Seungyoon was more than happy seeing the younger smile and laugh. It was the first time in a long while that Seungyoon had ever saw the middle part haired boy so carefree, light and bright.

“ You look happy today.” He asked after homeroom was done while the younger was busy preparing his books for the next class. He was smiling and all and was obviously not expecting for an answer to his statement because his use to be ignored by Taehyun most of the time but today seems really a good day for the mentioned always grumpy male because after pulling out the last textbook he needed for the English class ahead, he looked up to Seungyoon and answered.

“Well…” he prolonged as he moved his eyes from left to right in a thinking manner with a smile plastered to his well-shaped lips. “…my boyfriend and I got back together.” The happy male continued, eyes sparkling and shining with pure happiness.

“ I’m meeting his mom for dinner later.” The room was noisy and everybody was busy as Taehyun continued speaking. Seungyoon stood still for a moment or so as the noise from the four corners of the room disappeared all at once and he was left with nothing.

Boyfriend

It echoed, bouncing from one corner to the other before hitting his ears like one big wave of sadness and shattered heart.

“Oh..” he managed to open his mouth after a while. Clearing his throat of unescessary words before speaking. " That's great." he continued.

The last bell for the day rung and the whole days at school passed like fast water in the river for Seungyoon. as he saw Taehyun skipping to the doorways as a tall, tan boy was waiting for him with a wide smile and an open arms. He watched as Taehyun's waist was enveloped with muscular arns and as how Taehyun wrapped his own arms around the said boy's neck. Seungyoon turned around, damn he should have turn around from the beginning because he never considered his self a masochist.

Seungyoon knew that the rooftop will be his company for a few more jours. he doesn't  feel like going home and talk to his mother with this kind of mood. He needs to atleast cool down and the evening breez and clear star filled sky is so much better than his bedroom ceiling so he marched his self to the rooftop as the sun was slowly setting behind mountains for its rest.

as he reached the rooftop he remmebered he forgot to bring his guitar to school and regeretted he did so becuase he feels too down and wants to write new music so he lies down to cold ground and look at the sky with so much in mind, He starts humming tunes to old and new songs he never heard before so he rose from the hard ground, get his music sheet and pen and star jotting down his feelings into a new melody... lyrics of pain, sadness and a brokenheart.

Despite the restriction of his forgotten guitar he was able to somehow pull off a song from his humming and started going through the new story he just wrote.

The meloies roll down his tounge like bitter-sweet  candy and his lips started to tremble and he can't stop it. For the first time he wanted to stop singing. He wanted to shut his mouth just because of the words entangled with melodies of pain  the fresh wound he had. He never considered his self brave nor strong-willed but he never expected to cry just because of Nam Taehyun. 

In his short existence in this world he considered this as his first heartbreak because he never recals falling in love before he laid his eyes at Taehyun that one day in June of freshmen year.

Seungyoon was now lying down once again starring at the sky for the second time that evening. It was  almost 9pm and he knows he has to get up and go home before his mother starts panicking again. He already missed dinner and his mom has been calling him non stop. He was able to calm her down saying he was held back for band practice when he doesn't even has his guitar with him and will be home in a few.

The heartbroken middle schooler pushed his self up from the ground, picked his bad and turned his heels towards the stairs when he was greeted by the sight of Nam Taehyun.

"Oh my gosh Nam Taehyun!" he all but screamed in surprised as his eyes met the figure of the younger standding almost 2 feet away from him. The latter has his head down, hand clutching his bag lifelessly.

"A-are you okay?"Seungyoon was hesitant. He was never been brave as anyone to test the waters when it comes to Taehyunespecially when he looked the complete opposite of what he looked this morning. "Taehyun-ah" he asked again, this time stepping closer near the low shoulderedbot in front of him.

Taehyun didn't answer, head still hung low his shoulders started shaking, trembling followed by soft whimpers that gradually turned into havock of a crying. Seungyoon started to panick as Taehyun started bawling in front of him and he doens't know what to do. The older dropped his bad and close the distance between them, hands fidgetting as he raise it up and back down for a few time because he isn't sure if it's okay to touch Taheyun at this moment but when he heard Taheyun's cry got louder he gently place both hands on the younger's shouler and pulled him in a hug. Everything didn't matter for Seungyoon in that moment, he wasn't scared because Taehyun was hurt so he too and he wont think twice to console him, take away the pain all to himself.

xxxxx

A/N:

First of all, I'm sorry this upadate took so long 

and it's not that long either. It's a filler chapter  I guess from what, 4 years ago when

they are still middle schoolers.

I know it's so-so after weeks of not updating. I was so held back by school

 but worry no more, the next chapter was already written so I'll put it up on Sunday :)

BTW, Mino's solo track is out, you guys should check it out.

What do you think? isn't it too good?

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE or UPVOTE if you like this story!

See you in the next chapter.