(2)

The Reversal

If Seungyoon don’t look like a fool at that moment, he won’t know what to call his face looked as he gape at the young lad in front of him.

Hair parted in the middle, soft curls in that still brown silky hair, eyebrows drooping as he frown and lips perfectly sculpted in a pout. He was indeed looking eye to eye with Nam Taehyun, his first love.

“Ahem.” He heard Taehyun cleared his throat but he didn’t move an inch. His captivated, enchanted to see him again after 5 long years. He feels so sensitive that the mere clearing of the throat made his legs almost wobble. The memories, the feeling came rushing without any restriction and now his past is sprawl wide open in front of him. He was speechless, indeed speechless.

“What can I get you Sir?” Taehyun is emphasizing his words now and the older knew it’s not a good sign.

“Ah-“ he felt his throat open and then close as he gripped at his t-shirt. Come one Kang Seungyoon, it’s not time to be the coward you are.

“La-tte, ple-ase.” He barely manage to breath out the words as he looked at the man in front of him still not believing his actually alive and still stunning.

“One Latte, I’m giving you large co’z you didn’t specify the size and… I’ll assume you’ll be drinking it here sir so dine in.” Taehyun’s arrogant voice echoed once again, flashing a smile not similar to that smile back then but still Seungyoon realized he haven’t change a bit and this is real. This is Nam Taehyun.

It only took a few presses in the buttons in front of him and Taehyun was handling him his coffee. Haven’t he remembered me? Seungyoon thought, not believing Taehyun completely forgot about him.

“You- you don’t remember me?” He asked carefully, two hands receiving the coffee co’z he thought it’ll be rude if he won’t.

Taehyun looked at him with a skeptic gaze and he realized the latter don’t recognize him a bit and his mood went down in seconds. Seungyoon pouted, unintentionally ofcourse shrugging his question off as made his way to his table.

Did he really leave a bad impression to Taehyun that don’t recognize him? If he really did left a bad impression though he should be swearing at him right now but the younger of the two seems clueless of his identity.

The musician finished his coffee with sighs and heaves. He was really disappointed knowing Taehyun don’t remember him. Did all that following he did back then didn’t made any impression to Taehyun? He sighed again. He was tired counting how many times co’z he had lost track from a while now. He kept his eyes to the brown hair lad. Taehyun grew well, his even taller that Seungyoon now. Shoulder wider, voice a little deeper but still those set of piercing and manner of talking didn’t changed over time and somehow he felt happy as he continue to admire the boy in front of him who was busy talking orders at that moment.

It seems it’s not just the number of sigh Seungyoon lost track but time too. It was almost 6 in the evening when the black haired guy looked at his watch. He had ordered two more Latte and a cookie in a span of 8 hours, he never thought watching someone talking orders could take this much of his time. He noticed that everyone in the café started to leave already and the staffs had started cleaning. He stood up from his sit and notice that it was only Taehyun and a waiter who was doing the cleaning.

Seungyoon had never considered his self brave but despite being hesitant he still want to offer his help. Taehyun might look at him as weirdo but he just can’t let go of the opportunity.

“Umm-“ he started gaining the attention of the two busy males in front of him. Taehyun squinted his eyes as he place an arm on his waist urging him to continue with a small nod.

“Can I help you?” Silent. No one spoke and it was almost deafening. I knew it, he’ll call me weirdo and he’ll never let me in this café, ever.

Seungyoon was panicking for the worst but it didn’t happened.

“Sure.” He heard Taehyun response. “Just don’t ask for pay later.” Seungyoon was dumbfounded about how Taehyun didn’t change the slightest. He smiled as he grabbed the free broom near him and started sweeping the floor. Minutes later the waiter that was helping them went home and left them alone together just like on those movies but he knew this one is far from one. It was the most nerve wrecking moment in Seungyoon’s life. He may sound over reacting but it’s been 5 years and him memories with Taehyun wasn’t that nice and flowery  and the guy don’t even remember him at the first place.

“So-“ he almost flinched as he heard Taehyun spoke.                                  

“You’re that Kang Seungyoon right?”

“Eh??” Seungyoon couldn’t believe his ear. What did he just say?

“Kang Seungyoon, that Kang Seungyoon.” Taehyun was now looking at him, broom unattended. “ Kang Seuyoon, the library guy, the guitar guy, the flower guy, the one who kept following me around.”

“Umm-“

“The one who tell me those utterly ridiculous words. You’re that Kang Seungyoon right?”

Seungyoon looked at Taehyun now. “Utterly ridiculous” he says.

“Yeah I guess I’m that Kang Seungyoon.”

[5 years ago]

“Taehyun-ah.” Seungyoon called out. His heart was about to explode. His feelings were uncontrollable but he didn’t care. He took one big breathe in but it didn’t help but still he didn’t care. Skeptic eyes met his and he almost runaway but he didn’t. He kept his eyes locked with his as he opened his mouth slowly as he needled the words carefully before throwing them in mid-air.

“I like you. I really, really like you Nam Taehyun.” He shouted head down as he bowed to the brown-haired kid in front of him asking him to take his feelings with two warm hands.

“Would you go out with me?”

Scoff.

 

xx

A/N

Again, sorry for the typos. i wrote it at 2am coz i really

wanted to post an update for you guys. so here it is.

i know the fic may sound too angsty rn now but no worries is not

that serious and

please don't over think the story line, it's one simple plot i swear.

oh btw my twin @iminlovewithmetalstick wants me to mention her so,  here :)

hope to see you in the next chaps.

p.s i love the comments so keep them coming it was the one that motivated me last night