(14)

The Reversal

The last time Taehyun felt this nervous was that one evening he decided to come out to his parents.

He thought it was the perfect timing. Everything was going smooth and the naive teenager thought that after graduating from high school, he’ll tell them. Taehyun was holding his admission letter from the University his parents wanted him to be in. He knows they’ll be pleased. They’ll be happy that his going to study to the University they wanted him to be in that is why Taehyun though, he thought everything will be perfect.

Well, he never got the congratulations he was waiting for. It was all screaming, shouting and blaming. Everything was dark, the rain started pouring and he found his self on the wet pavement walking down the road under the rain.

They kicked him out. They said they can’t have a son like him. They said his crazy, sick and wrong. Taehyun was devastated. He was broken and everything in between lost and dead. He doesn't know what to do or where to go from here. He remembers the fear he felt earlier when he sat down the dinner table with his parents after they came home from school. He felt it again, running through his spine like a friend he never wanted to come back.

Since the shouting and screaming started, he held everything in. He made sure not to break I front of his parents. In front of the people, he though will understand him more than anyone but he was wrong and as the rain poured harder, the sounds it makes getting louder, Taehyun cried. Falling down his knees he clenched at the crumpled paper in his fist and scream. Now, he has no one.

Taehyun shook his head the nth time now as he tries to not remember anything from that time anymore. It’s 5:10 pm on his clock now and he has a dinner scheduled at the Kang’s household by 7:30 pm and until now he hasn't dressed up yet.

He had been standing in front of his closet for quite some time now. After stepping out the shower he was utterly lost of what he has to wear. Taehyun tried calling Seungyoon, asking if his mother would mind anything he’ll wear. The older laughed at his inquiry first answering from the other line how amusing it is to hear Taehyun so concerned about such little thing.

“Where anything you want,” Seungyoon told him a while ago.

Anything? Taehyun wanted to ask but he decided to assure the other he understands and hung up. Does anything mean anything? Can he wear his distressed jeans since he feels comfortable wearing them? Or he can throw on this statement shirt and Dr. Martins just because he feels better that way?

Anything?

Taehyun never liked that word. So much reassurance yet so much restriction at the same time. Anything can mean…anything depending o how people perceives it and Taehyun, based on experience never got the luck to be on the pleasing side of that anything.

****

“I’m-I’m gay.” He felt his mouth closed the instant those words came down from his lips as if he's trying to shut the door close, trying his best to avoid his self from succumbing to the fear his feeling and suddenly take those poisonous words back.

There was silence. The rain was pouring loud, much louder than earlier as his parents stopped their movements. Everything seems came to a halt and Taehyun was scared to look up but he did and he was met with the worst he expected.

“What did you say?” His mother asked, dropping the utensils she was holding as calmly as she can as she asked his son to confirm if she heard the right words.

“I’m, I-“ Taehyun was lost with words. “I like guys.” He said.

He never felt this so insecure his whole life. The last time he felt this vulnerable was the time he met with his boyfriend’s- ex-boyfriend’s mother and despite how much he made sure to please the other, it did not go well.

These are the time Taehyun realized how much of a person pleaser he is. He acts all nonchalant and carefree at school as if he doesn't care about what other people say about him which is actually true but when it comes down to the people who matters to him the most, his too cautious, very very cautious.

“I know I should have told you earlier but I was looking for the right-“

“Get out.” His words were cut midway by his father.

“What?Why?”

“Get out, we don’t have a son who is like that…”

“Like that?” he asked. “Like what?” he inquires again. Taehyun was now standing, eyes one his parents, begging for answers, for understanding yet all that came was rejection.

“You can be anything but not like this,” His mother told him. “You know it's a sin to be like this.”

“Anything?” he repeated. “I can be anything but this?” he added. “What is exactly anything, Mom? What exactly is ‘this’? What do you ing mean about ‘that’?” Taehyun was now angry. He was upset. The thing is, his parents can’t even address who he is. Are they too disgusted to say the word?

“That I am gay? That I like guys? That ‘this’ is me?”

Is it wrong? To be yourself?

“I can’t be anything Mom, Dad. I can’t be anything other than who I am.” He tried to explain but he did not get anything in response.

“Get out.” Was all his parents can tell him and after a few seconds of begging and more, Taehyun knew he can’t so he walked away…

****

Taehyun’s trance was cut off by his phone ringing. He scanned is room and saw the electronic on his bed and hurriedly picked it up.

“Oh, Seungyoon.” It was the older, calling if he's ready. “I’m getting dress.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll be there in an hour,” Seungyoon tells him. “Don’t think too much about what you should wear.” And as if he can read the younger’s mind, the other lad on the other line reminded him. “My mother is not like his mother.”

“oh”

“You can come as you are and she’ll gladly welcome you with open arms…I promised.” Seungyoon says. “So, wear anything you like and get ready by an hour.” He added, a smile very evident from the tone of his voice.

Taehyun, for the first time that day felt reassured. He even felt dumb about thinking too much about the current situation. This is Seungyoon, he is different. He is a person the younger can never understand yet he is someone that Taehyun felt so secured with.

He never really remembers when this all started but Taehyun felt comfortable with the older. After months on their not-too-committed-relationship, Taehyun was actually having fun. It’s weird but Taehyun found his self smiling as well.

“Okay, see you in one hour.:” He told Seungyoon, hung up and turned his attention to his wide open closet again. “Now then, time to get dressed.”

 

xxxx

 

A/N

Hi everyone. so yes the promised chapter is finally here.

It took  me awhile to update since I decided to read the last chapters so I can 

get back on the track the story is heading.

I think I failed but I hope you guys liked this update.

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE or UPVOTE if you like this chapter.

It gets me going :)

See you in the next chapter...