(3)

The Reversal

Nam Taehyun’s alarm clock echoed through the whole room. The messy haired lad who was currently sprawled in his messy bed squinted his eyes in annoyance. Why the hell would he set his alarm so early on a weekend? Taehyun was busy cursing at his alarm clock when his phone rang, it didn’t help at all with his already sour mood as he glare much more at everything around him. He had been so busy for the past weeks about so many things his head might go kaboom! any minute now. He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and messily swiping it open as he answered the call. The curtains was close but he could already see the sun’s rays peeking through.

“Yah! Nam Taehyun!” the brown haired lad who has sat up from the intensity of the shout glared at his phone’s screen.

Kim Jinwoo

“Good Morning too  Hyung.” He didn’t try to hide the sarcasm in his voice, his good eardrums almost explode so why would he. “..And isn’t it too early in the morning to shout? I set my alarm too early toda-“

“You didn’t set it too early coz you really need to be here right now as in right now Nam Taehyun!”

“Wohoo, Kim Jinwoo-shii calm down.” Taehyun is now on his feet. What day is today anyway? He asked his self as he looked around his room as if he’ll find the answered stuck in the walls and ofcourse he wont.

“ You only have 30 minutes to fixed yourself, get dress and bring your lazy in the café Nam Taehyun.” His hyung hung up as soon as he finished scolding him. Taehyun’s brow furrow as if it can go down as it already have as he think,think, think.

What did he said?30 minutes to first, fixed myself, then get dress and bring my lazy what where? It’s a Saturday so why would he?

Taehyun’s eyes shot wide open as if something explode (nope, not his head people) as he grabbed his mini calendar in the bedside table. His eyes skip date and landed at the one he was looking for, the one that was encircled with thick red marker with the caption “Café opening, never forget”

Damn he almost forgets.

Within seconds Taehyun was in the bathroom, he never likes short baths but today is an exception, he has worked his off for today that’s why he’ll careless about his love for bubble baths.

Picking of clothes is another story though. Taehyun allowed his self to succumb for almost 10 minutes in front of his closet before he finally decided what to wear. He needs to look extraordinarily stunning today co’z it’s his café after all.

The late boy was in his front door 20 minutes after receiving that so alarming call from his hyung and it will only take him less that 10 minute if he’ll run to the cafe now but he won’t. He doesn’t like sweat so he’ll take his car.

About 7 minutes later he was in front of his hard work. Stepping out of his car he took handful of his time, if there is anything left, to admire the product of his hardship and perseverance. He smiled, a true one as he remembered all the trials he and his hyung had endured for his dream come true.

“ You look so happy Namtae.” Jinwoo’s voice sounded so soft as he saw his hyung approached him with one big, proud smile plastered in his face.

“ Why wouldn’t I?” was all he said before admiring the café in front of him again.

It took him years before he could finally stand in front of his dreams. The past months had been hell for the two of them but as he looked at what it became he was so, so happy because finally he has something, something to be proud of.

The café’s opening was a success, no slash that it was great. People came flooding as soon as they opened the doors and Taehyun was never been this happy for being busy. He was in charge of the counter while his hyung fill in for a waiter who fell sick. Great, first day of work and his already sick but Taehyun doesn’t have time to be angry because their café is going really, really great but not until those set of bells jingle as the door opened.

Taehyun’s eyes would automatically look at the doorway when it happened and he never expected this day could be something more than ordinary.

Behind the wooden plank was Kang Seungyoon, the guy from 5 years ago who he consider as a headache. If he remembered it correctly, that Kang had been following him since he agreed to be friends after he said those ridiculous words in the rooftop. The guy invited him to eat lunch during that time and he didn’t decline co’z he forgot his lunchbox at home but didn’t he expected he’ll confess.

Taehyun would recognize him within seconds. He’ll be wearing black with guitar of his back, plump lips and skinny body. That’s Kang Seungyoon.

He guess the other recognize him too as he approached the counter with a shock look on his face, mouth agape and brows furrow in a frown. The younger didn’t mind him. He don’t want to be distracted during work and beside their classmate, only classmate nothing else.

“Hi sir, I’m Nam Taehyun what can I get you.” The shorter guys in front of him flinched as he shoots Taehyun a shock look. What? Do I look like a monster to you?

It took another 5 minutes for Seungyoon to snap out of it and finally the younger boy was able to take his order.

“You don’t remember me?” Taehyun heard Seungyoon ask as he got his coffee from him. The owner threw Seungyoon a skeptic look, challenging the questioner to guess if he did or did not but before Taehyun can say yes, Seungyoon shrugged the question off and left.

Taehyun did the same as he focused once more in taking order, the way he feels for Seungyoon didn’t changed a bit. He himself didn’t change from that 5 years ago. Still the Nam Taehyun that he is.

­

[5 years ago]

“Do you want to go out with me?” Taehyun scoff as he looked at the boy in front of him.

“What? go out with you?” he asked, too amuse to see how Seungyoon was shaking in front of him. “I thought you’ll treat me lunch? Hurry with those antics and give me food.” He has truly uninterested with Seungyoon. He never saw him attractive  nor appealing but he’ll admit Seungyoon don’t look that bad just not his taste.

“Bu-but I’m serious.” Seungyoon now raised his head as he looked as Taehyun. He was never this brave but seeing how Taehyun took his feeling half-heartedly he wants to hear why.

Me too, seriously why would I date you?” Seungyoon almost fell hearing Taehyun ask.

Why?

Seungyoon’s eyes started to become teary but don’t want to cry in front of Taehyun. He clumsily brought his arms up and wipes his unshed tears with his uniform. He was dumped, he feels sick but still he doesn’t want to cry.

Taehyun sigh as he saw the guy in front of him struggle with his emotion. He somehow felt guilty talking harshly with.

“Fine, friends. That’s the only relationship I’m good at.” He uttered. He may sound too cruel awhile ago but that’s just who he is; frank, but seeing how Seungyoon control his tear somehow reached Taehyun’s heart.

“We okay now?” he asked as Seungyoon stayed silent after he had spoken. He tried talking to him but he kept silent, head low and hands slowly clenching into a fist. Taehyun let him be. He knew how it felt and he only need a little time and just like that, a minute or two had passed before Seungyoon raised his head and happily nodded.

“Um!” he remembered how Seungyoon looked so happy back then and he remembered how he asked his self, “What’s so good to have a friend like me?” and until now he still can’t understand how Seungyoon looked happy when he was dumped. Until now he can’t understand why he can’t do the same.

 

xx

 

A/N

So was able to write something up last night co'z I was happy

after watching teasers for Namtae's wed bdrama and also

Lovesick s2 teaser came out.

Cheacked this last night so i guess typos are bye bye

hi to new subbies and thanks for the comments. 

i guess this fic sounded so angsty again huh? i'll try to update something lighter next time.

till then :))