Save me, Love me

save me, love me

The next day, Yunho arrived at his part time job as a cashier for a grocery store. However he’s exhausted and didn’t have the energy to work.

“You look horrible? What were you doing all night?” one of his co-workers asked after seeing such dark circle around yunho’s eyes.

Yunho wasn’t able to sleep last night. He had kept himself awake in case Jaejoong decided he want to get up and shoot himself. If Yunho is able to hear any movement within Jaejoong’s apartment, he will run over there even if he has to kick down the door.

“Nothing…just watching movies” he lied

The door to the store open as the bell ringed.

“Welcome...” Yunho tried to smile but his smile quickly faded when he notice it’s none other than Chung Changmin, one of his childhood friend.

“yunho?!” Changmin’s eye widen in shock

“Is that you Changmin?!” Yunho shouted happily as he rushes toward his old friend and shared a tight hug.

Yunho was given lunch break as he and changmin sat at a park across the street. They have been chatting and laughing like old times. It’s as if those 10 years didn’t change anything between them.

“God those were the good old days…” Yunho laughed after sharing some past memories.

“Memories aside, how have you been?” changmin asked “you just suddenly disappear one day and I soon discover your whole family had moved to the country side”

Yunho had stopped laughing as he sighs “it’s a long story…I don’t even know where to start…” Yunho lifted his head and stare at the blue sky.

“How about why you stop coming to school after…you know…”

Yunho lower his gaze and stare out into the empty playground as a cold wind blew pass. Changmin started to feel like maybe it would have been best not to prey on this matter.

“Sorry…maybe it’s something you didn’t want to talk about…”

Yunho turn to look at changmin’s concern and nervous expression before he smiled “it’s not that I can’t talk about…it’s more like I can’t seem to remember…”

Changmin looked at Yunho a bit startled “what do you mean you can’t remember?”

“I don’t know either…my mom say something about a mental break down….”

“M-mental breakdown?!” Changmin shouted in shock

"don't look at me like i have some kind of illness" Yunho smile bitterly "My mom told me that after we came home from the hospital, I started have nightmare and was screaming at the top of my lung, I wouldn't leave me room thus leaving me to skip school after that my parent decided to move to the country side and start new..."

Changmin was about to say something else when Yunho stood up and looked at his watch “sorry Changmin, my lunch break is over…why don’t we hang out later if you are free?”

Changmin smiled “alright…”

After exchanging their number, Yunho crossed the street and headed back into the store. Changmin started walking home but he couldn’t forget the fact that Yunho had a mental break down due to what happen to Eun chae. At least now he knows it wasn’t only him who was tormented by what took place that day. Changmin stood at the corner of the street waiting for the light to turn green as he chews on a piece of beef he had bought earlier. When the light turned Green, Changmin begin to walk as other people cross the street around him. He happens to turn to his left and spotted Jaejoong walking toward him but with blond hair. He couldn’t get his eyes off of Jaejoong, in his view, Jaejoong has gotten very beautiful. Changmin end up dropping his meat after opening his mouth in admiration. He watched as Jaejoong passed him and walked toward the other side of the street. Changmin felt like time had frozen as memories of the past begin to flash before his eyes.

“Jaejoong?...jaejoong…” Changmin turn around and was going to chase after Jaejoong when suddenly a car honked at him and he turns to his right however it was too late. The light had changed without Changmin realizing it as the car hit him. A loud scream could be heard but Jaejoong continued on walking ignoring the scream from passerby who witnessed the accident.

“When I ask to hang out later, I never expected it would be at the hospital” grin Yunho as he stood before a injure Changmin

Changmin only chuckled “s-sorry…everything happened to fast…”

He recalls seeing Jaejoong and wasn’t sure if he should mention him to Yunho thinking that maybe Yunho still hates and blame Jaejoong.

“Just be more careful next time…” Yunho scolded him “I still don’t get how a grown man could cross the street and stop in the middle of it…”

“Let’s just say I was distracted by something very beautiful”

Yunho smirked at Changmin “gawking at girls will get you kill…”

Changmin only chuckled

Meanwhile, Yoochun had arrived at Jaejoong’s apartment after getting the information from Jaejoong’s uncle whom he still remember back when they use to hang out at his house. He stood at the front gate unsure if he should approach Jaejoong or not. But after hearing the entire story from Jaejoong’s uncle, Yoochun finally concluded that Jaejoong is suffering from depression. He needs someone there to help him, even if he will refuse his help, he will not abandon him like he did last time. Helping Jaejoong overcome his depression will help him atoned for what he did when they were younger.

“yoochun?...”

Yoochun turn to his right and there standing in the middle of the side walk is Kim Junsu.

“Holy cow, it is you?” Junsu smiled happily

“J-Junsu?”

“The one and only…”

“What…what are you doing here?” Yoochun asked in disbelief

“I just move back in town yesterday to help my parent runs their company. What are you doing here? do you live in this apartment?”

Yoochun wanted to inform Junsu about Jaejoong but for some reason the thought of him being the only one who knows about Jaejoong and the only one to help him made Yoochun feel a bit special. He didn't want to admit it but ever since they were little, he had always find Jaejoong to be very beautiful. When others surrounds him, it make Yoochun a bit irritated.

“I’m just visiting a friend but he just called me that he isn’t home, why don’t we go grab something to eat and catch up?” Smile Yoochun

Junsu returned the smile “sure…”

They left the apartment premises as Jaejoong arrived and notice two people walking away. He got this feeling like he might know them but he didn’t care as he continues his way toward his apartment. As Jaejoong got to his door, he notices a small white box sitting on the ground with a note.

“Eat this to keep your body healthy, make sure to warm it up first”

Jaejoong notice Yunho’s name written at the bottom as he turns to look at the box wondering what Yunho is planning.

When the clock struck 6 pm, Yunho finally bid Changmin goodbye but promise to visit him tomorrow if he didn’t get discharged first. He quickly made his way home wondering if Jaejoong had eaten the food he put his heart into making.

“I wonder if it’s too late to start cooking dinner?” he thought

Once at his apartment, Yunho was disappointment that the box he had left at Jaejoong’s door is still there. He sighs before knocking on the door.

“nah Jaejoong…why don’t you come over for dinner?” He asked but as he expected it, Jaejoong did not respond. Yunho took a deep breath and knocked on the door again reminding himself not to give up “I count to three, if you don’t open this door right now, I’ll take those photos when we were still a kid and plastered them throughout the apartment…if I recall correctly, a few of them had you dressed as a…”

Before Yunho could finish his sentence, Jaejoong’s door immediately opens taking Yunho by surprise. He wasn’t expecting this trick to work but he guessed that no matter what kind of problem you are going through, you will still have your man pride to protect.

“Let’s have dinner shall we?” Yunho smiled warmly

Jaejoong only glared at Yunho for disturbing him but before he could respond, Yunho had already grabbed onto his hand and dragged him into his apartment. Yunho forced Jaejoong to sit on the sofa before turning on the TV and placing the remote on a confuse Jaejoong’s hand.

“Sit here quietly while I make dinner. This time you will have to eat no matter what otherwise don’t blame me for what I’ll do” he warned before stepping into the kitchen.

Surprising Jaejoong obey as he watched Yunho walked into the kitchen and begin to dig through his fridge for something to make. Jaejoong Turn his attention back to the TV wondering what have gotten into him lately, it wasn’t like him to act this way around others. Ever since Yunho appear, he has been dragging Jaejoong into his apartment, forcing him to do things he didn’t want and make conversation as if nothing had happen between them. What is even more surprising is that Jaejoong couldn’t reject Yunho, he wanted to tell Yunho to leave him alone but every time Yunho look at him with a smile, Jaejoong unconscious allow himself to obey him. When Yunho finally got done making dinner with a satisfy look on his face, he turn around to call Jaejoong to eat. However to his surprise, Jaejoong had already fallen asleep on the sofa. Yunho only sigh before smiling.

“I guess dinner tonight is going to be a waste again”

He gently repositions Jaejoong on the sofa before pulling a warm blanket over him.  Yunho sat on the coffee table as he watches Jaejoong sleep, the thought of seeing his body move up and down as he breath put Yunho’s mind to ease.  He reached over and softly moves the Jaejoong’s long bangs to the side revealing his face.

“I was right…you are far more beautiful without these bangs covering your face…”he smiled

Just then a single tear fell from Jaejoong’s eyes. Yunho was puzzled wondering what he could be dreaming about to make himself cry. He reached over and with his finger, he wiped the tears away. Suddenly something flashed before his eyes as a huge headache surfaced causing him to groan in pain. Unclear images begin to appear, all he could see was a river, forest, some kids and then tears. The pain only lasted a few seconds before it faded along with some of the images he saw. Yunho sat there in total confusion as he tries to calm his body.

“What…was all that?...” He wondered to himself.

The next morning, Yoochun had awoken from his sleep earlier than usual as he prepare himself for the morning jog.  He went into his kitchen and opens his fridge before taking out a water bottle. Just then his phone ringed as he answered

“Hello…”

“Yoochun, it’s your mother…how are you settling in Seoul?” she asked

Yoochun smiled “I’m settling in just fine…I actually ran into Junsu the other day”

“Really?! That’s fantastic…”

Yoochun continues his conversation with his mother as he exited his apartment and locked the door before walking down the flight of stairs. Yoochun reached the front door but paused as the tone of his voice changed.

“nah mom…can I ask you something?”

“Sure what is it?”

Yoochun hesitated a bit before asking “do you think it’s too late? Do I have the right to offer my hand out to him?”

His mom was quiet for a second before answering “Yoochun…it’s better late than never…yes maybe he might reject you and yes maybe he might not forgive you but don’t give up…all 5 of you had a rare and unbreakable bond that will still connect everyone even now…if you properly explain yourself and apologize, I know he will understand and forgive you…just stay strong…”

Yoochun smiled as he stare at the sky “yea…thank you”

After hanging up Yoochun placed the phone into his jacket pocket before putting on his glove and started jogging. To Yoochun, it doesn’t matter if it’s cold, raining or warm out, he will still continue his morning jog. It was a way for him to clear his mind and start the day off refreshed. After jogging for a few miles, he ends up in front of Jaejoong’s apartment. He hesitated a bit before entering and pray that Jaejoong will not shut him out. He climbed the stairs up to the 3rd floor while looking at the room number.  Within seconds he is now standing in front of Jaejoong’s apartment as he took a deep breath to calm himself.

“Here goes nothing…” he reached and knocked on the door.

He waited a few seconds but received no response. He knocked again but still no response.

“Jaejoong? Are you in there?” he called out but like earlier, he received no response “I wonder if he’s home?”

Meanwhile Jaejoong is still fast asleep in Yunho’s apartment and for the first time he actually dreamed. He didn’t need sleeping pills like he usually do to fall sleep. Ever since Yunho appear, he seems to be able to sleep whenever he is tire.

It wasn’t until the sun light hit his face did he stir in his sleep and opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was the big TV which he did not have. He quickly sat up and realizes he had fallen sleep again and is still in Yunho’s apartment. After concluding that Yunho has not awoken yet, he got up and exited the apartment.

“What have gotten in to me lately…” He wondered

“Jaejoong?” came Yoochun’s voice.

Jaejoong look up and to his surprise Yoochun is standing there with a smile on his face.

“Did I make a mistake? I thought this one was your apartment…” said Yoochun as he approached a surprise Jaejoong “maybe your uncle wrote the last number wrong…if you haven’t eaten yet, why don’t we go grab some breakfast?”

“Sorry…I’m not in the mood …” spoke Jaejoong

“Nonsense…you need more food in that body of yours, come on, it’s my treat”

Before Jaejoong could say anything, Yoochun had already dragged Jaejoong out and down the stairs. Upon the door closing, Yunho finally woke up. He walked to the living room and was going to make breakfast but to his surprise, Jaejoong is already missing.

“That guy…always so quick to escape…”

Yoochun and Jaejoong arrived at a nearby dinner as Yoochun ordered both of them breakfast after Jaejoong refuse to order anything.

“You do know it’s not healthy being so skinny …you should eat more food…” spoke Yoochun as he tried to create casual conversation between them however Jaejoong doesn’t reply much. When he does reply, it is usually short answers before awkward silences filled the air.

“if you aren’t doing anything later, I was wondering if I can come over and hang out…maybe we can watch horror movies….I remember how much you loved watching them even though the rest of us were terrify of it…but I’m no longer afraid of those kind of movies…”

Yoochun was beginning to feel like he is talking to a wall since Jaejoong barely look at him or respond. He sighs and reminds himself not to give up no matter what the challenge is.

“Nah Jaejoong…why don’t you come check out the place I am doing internship at? My boss is an excellent therapist and….”

“What are you trying to imply Yoochun?…” Jaejoong finally spoke with bitterness “if you think there is something wrong with me then says it…”

Yoochun could sense a bit of irritation coming from Jaejoong as he mental beat himself up. It wasn’t his intention to bring this up but he really wanted to help jaejoong and by seeing a therapist, it might help heal his mind.

“S-sorry…if...if you don’t want to meet my boss or see where I work, that’s fine…” Yoochun tried to smile the best he could.

Jaejoong stood up “I greatly appreciate your effort Yoochun however…I’m perfect the way I am…if there is something wrong with me then let me deal with it on my own…don’t waste anymore of your time…”

“Wait Jaejoong!” Yoochun call after him as he exited the store but it was too late. For the second time, Jaejoong walked away from him rejecting him and it hurts, not physically but mentally.

“I just have to go and say that…what an idiot?...” mumble Yoochun

Jaejoong was starting to get a headache from having to deal with both Yunho and Yoochun. They disappear from his life 10 years ago after accusing him of murdering Eun chae and then reappear as if nothing had happen while dragging him all over the place. They have been doing nothing but forcing him to do things he doesn’t want to and trying to act all friendly again like they care about him. If it’s god’s way to torment him the he is doing a damn good job at it.

“Jaejoong?!” came a sudden voice as he turn around and standing there out of breath is none other than Chung Changmin with a cast on his right leg and a crutch. Jaejoong can’t help but think that god is going all out to make him die in miserable for the sins he had committed.

 

to be continue..............